U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:04 PM

87,353 posts, read 80,862,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
I wonder, what percentage of single women (under 40) in Seattle are single moms? Discount them, and the eligible dating pool of women is that much smaller.
Most of my women friends in Seattle were single, most under 40, a few over 40, and they were all child-free. Seattle isn't LA, far from it.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-14-2015, 08:17 PM

5,620 posts, read 3,266,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
No, you're making assumptions. He's pointing out that you literally can't function in a male environment unless the men specifically give you concessions (your words). Many women can and do. You're less a strong woman, and more a feminist who had to modify an environment into an artificial one so you feel special. You're a dime a dozen out here.

No one is threatened by you, they just find you to be ridiculous as you act both like a woman, and a man, whenever convenient (expecting the benefits of both), while constantly talking about how the world (men) is specifically holding you down because of your vagina. NO ONE finds you threatening, they might find the environment you insist has to happen, the assumptions you make about men who don't conform to your specific expectations of gender norms, to be imposing, and artificial, and one-sided (all about you), but not threatening. More self-obsessed and presumptive.

No one is saying being less educated would make it easier to find a boyfriend. That you read that is concerning regarding that education you taut. That you think men enjoy women being the boss, and that women enjoy that, shows an humorous lack of understanding of both human nature, and observation. Keep telling the men what they find attractive, yes, you the woman choose both what women are attracted to, and men. Sure thing, hon. Seattle is comedically asexual outside of hookups that don't seem to affect anyone's personality positively. No amount of you posturing on the internet or writing words you think are true changes that. You expect everyone to change for you. You're the problem, and you're not even strong, you're just self-obsessed. Typical feminist. Typical narcissist.
I honestly couldn't care less about Seattle. If men find it so hard to find the women they want here, let them go to Duggarland where the women are taught to keep their mouths shut and their opinions to themselves. For that matter, if Seattle and the Puget Sound are so bad, they can feel free to pick up and go anywhere else anytime else. It's not that difficult to move to another city in another state all by yourself without knowing anyone. I've done it and I'm sure other people are equally as capable.

If you don't know what women have gone through to just be considered equal to men in the last 100 years, apparently you're as ignorant about history as you are about what motivates me. Women had to fight to get the vote, fight to be considered assaulted if she was beaten by her husband, fight for the right to get divorced, or own property, or even work in previously jobs previously dominated by men, like police work.

But just for your information, I don't consider myself a feminist or even a woman. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I want to act like a man. I am first and foremost a person. And I act like a person and think like a person and have opinions like a person. If you want to deal with me, that's how you need to see me. If you're incapable or unwilling to do that, then take a hike. If you think that calling me a feminist or a narcissist, or demeaning my ability to support myself or stand up for myself will make me turn into the agreeable little woman you want me to be and make me think I have no self-worth, you have another think coming.

I have worked very well in male environments and without any concessions. I didn't ask for any and I wasn't given any. I don't expect anyone to conform to gender norms, but I do expect to not be placed in a gender norm in return. So when you do that, don't be so surprised when I fight back against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Oh, burn.........

I'm an educated, soft spoken yet opinionated woman.....
But I still like a man to be the strong aggressive one.......

Btw, there's 2 words I consider repulsive..... feminist & liberal
Well, pin a rose on you. Let me ask you something: do your opinions do you any good if no one respects them? If you don't like being strong and aggressive, do you enjoy letting people walk all over you? Do you never stand up for yourself? Does your strong and aggressive man like to hit you and if not, what would you do if he did? And while you're thinking about that last question, think about this: any action you are able to take about that today is solely because of other women who fought for your right to do so. So show them a little respect. Because it it weren't for them, your strong and aggressive husband could beat you to a bloody pulp and no one could lift a finger to stop him.

A little tongue in cheek for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
No, he never said that.

You put those words into his mouth.

Are you paying attention to even your side of the conversation?

"All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city."

What part of this do you not understand? Do I need to type slower so you can read it better? Do you need me to read you the dictionary description of the word 'independent'? Or of the word 'outspoken'? Does everything have to be in black and white for you? You can't read the implications or between the lines? If you're not an independent person (man OR woman), what's the point of thinking for yourself if someone is going to be there telling what you can and cannot do?

Last edited by rodentraiser; 09-14-2015 at 08:27 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 10:11 PM

9,011 posts, read 8,898,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I honestly couldn't care less about Seattle. If men find it so hard to find the women they want here, let them go to Duggarland where the women are taught to keep their mouths shut and their opinions to themselves. For that matter, if Seattle and the Puget Sound are so bad, they can feel free to pick up and go anywhere else anytime else. It's not that difficult to move to another city in another state all by yourself without knowing anyone. I've done it and I'm sure other people are equally as capable.

If you don't know what women have gone through to just be considered equal to men in the last 100 years, apparently you're as ignorant about history as you are about what motivates me. Women had to fight to get the vote, fight to be considered assaulted if she was beaten by her husband, fight for the right to get divorced, or own property, or even work in previously jobs previously dominated by men, like police work.

But just for your information, I don't consider myself a feminist or even a woman. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I want to act like a man. I am first and foremost a person. And I act like a person and think like a person and have opinions like a person. If you want to deal with me, that's how you need to see me. If you're incapable or unwilling to do that, then take a hike. If you think that calling me a feminist or a narcissist, or demeaning my ability to support myself or stand up for myself will make me turn into the agreeable little woman you want me to be and make me think I have no self-worth, you have another think coming.

I have worked very well in male environments and without any concessions. I didn't ask for any and I wasn't given any. I don't expect anyone to conform to gender norms, but I do expect to not be placed in a gender norm in return. So when you do that, don't be so surprised when I fight back against it.

Well, pin a rose on you. Let me ask you something: do your opinions do you any good if no one respects them? If you don't like being strong and aggressive, do you enjoy letting people walk all over you? Do you never stand up for yourself? Does your strong and aggressive man like to hit you and if not, what would you do if he did? And while you're thinking about that last question, think about this: any action you are able to take about that today is solely because of other women who fought for your right to do so. So show them a little respect. Because it it weren't for them, your strong and aggressive husband could beat you to a bloody pulp and no one could lift a finger to stop him.

A little tongue in cheek for you:

"All you fun, friendly and nice ladies who are not out to make a name for yourself or prove yourself as a liberated, career-oriented, highly independent, outspoken, proudly feminist, extremely educated/sophisticated/intellectually superior, etc.. You are going to find a very receptive group of men in this city."

What part of this do you not understand? Do I need to type slower so you can read it better? Do you need me to read you the dictionary description of the word 'independent'? Or of the word 'outspoken'? Does everything have to be in black and white for you? You can't read the implications or between the lines? If you're not an independent person (man OR woman), what's the point of thinking for yourself if someone is going to be there telling what you can and cannot do?
Gosh....I feel no need to debate you on this, lol
I'm not going to act as if feminists have saved mankind.
Au contraire....I believe they've done a lot of irreversible damage......

Old 09-14-2015, 11:15 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,473,881 times
And many men do leave Seattle, after they butt up against the tough demographics and other factors not in their favor and/or to their liking. Being a person, and regarding one's fellow human being with kindness and respect, doing unto others as you would have them do unto you, just are attributes that do not seem to be taken to heart much by many of the single females in the dating realm in Seattle. The region seems to have the glow of narcissism and entitlement dimming the sun light of the area. Just about every single guy I have known over the years, has had a not so high opinion of the women here. Nothing to do with intelligence, career, success, and etc. Simply to do with coldness, being snubbed, being rejected for no logical reason often, other than women simply getting a rush of off rejecting men. My last date went great, I was shocked, as we excitedly made a second date. A week later, we meet for dinner, for our second date, only to hear my date exclaim how she had a change of heart, and was not ready for dating. After I paid for dinner of course she hits me with this news...lol. It is a regular occurrence in Seattle, and one example of 100's of strange social oddities to be possibly experienced in Seattle. It is like their is an ominous darkness in the air, when it comes to human relations.

It is Seattle, flaky people, socially awkward, too man single men, stuck up, narcissistic women whereby no man can measure up....this is Seattle a haven for the anti social, where women are elevated to god-like status, due to the all the single men in the area. People should treat people with kindness, respect, and human warmth, and way too many single women are far removed from choosing to have this spirit of human warmth and kindness. The men I know, are light years kinder, and warmer souls. It is the human thing to do.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:52 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,688,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
And many men do leave Seattle, after they butt up against the tough demographics and other factors not in their favor and/or to their liking. Being a person, and regarding one's fellow human being with kindness and respect, doing unto others as you would have them do unto you, just are attributes that do not seem to be taken to heart much by many of the single females in the dating realm in Seattle. The region seems to have the glow of narcissism and entitlement dimming the sun light of the area. Just about every single guy I have known over the years, has had a not so high opinion of the women here. Nothing to do with intelligence, career, success, and etc. Simply to do with coldness, being snubbed, being rejected for no logical reason often, other than women simply getting a rush of off rejecting men. My last date went great, I was shocked, as we excitedly made a second date. A week later, we meet for dinner, for our second date, only to hear my date exclaim how she had a change of heart, and was not ready for dating. After I paid for dinner of course she hits me with this news...lol. It is a regular occurrence in Seattle, and one example of 100's of strange social oddities to be possibly experienced in Seattle. It is like their is an ominous darkness in the air, when it comes to human relations.

It is Seattle, flaky people, socially awkward, too man single men, stuck up, narcissistic women whereby no man can measure up....this is Seattle a haven for the anti social, where women are elevated to god-like status, due to the all the single men in the area. People should treat people with kindness, respect, and human warmth, and way too many single women are far removed from choosing to have this spirit of human warmth and kindness. The men I know, are light years kinder, and warmer souls. It is the human thing to do.
I can't imagine how women would not find your attitude irresistable.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 AM

typical liberal Seattle ite reply..in my opinion

Old 09-15-2015, 12:02 AM

54 posts, read 52,117 times
Quote:
My last date went great, I was shocked, as we excitedly made a second date. A week later, we meet for dinner, for our second date, only to hear my date exclaim how she had a change of heart, and was not ready for dating. After I paid for dinner of course she hits me with this news...lol. It is a regular occurrence in Seattle, and one example of 100's of strange social oddities to be possibly experienced in Seattle. It is like their is an ominous darkness in the air, when it comes to human relations.
I hate to say it, but there's a lesson to be learned here. Women here are strong and independent.. and they should remain so, even when the bill comes around. I think it's silly to pay for a woman's dinner - unless you're in a relationship with her. Until that is so, she's no special snowflake. There are exception to this, of course. Maybe you're on a date with a very sweet, but broke student. But generally speaking, you probably shouldn't foot the entire bill. Don't be a chump.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:11 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,688,045 times
Quote:
typical liberal Seattle ite reply..in my opinion
No, I'm pretty sure even many conservative women would find that sort of whining offputting.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:57 AM

Strong and independent is great, but it is no excuse to not exemplify human warmth, and human kindness, period, in my opinion.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 09-15-2015 at 01:15 AM..

Old 09-15-2015, 06:20 AM

3,534 posts, read 4,718,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Actually, I love men. I get along with men much better than I do with women and I'm not male bashing. I'm bashing you specifically and it's not because you're a male, it's because of your attitude. I'm sure there are SOME men who enjoy the company of - how did you put it? - modest and gentle-natured women. In my experience, the men who "enjoy" these women like being the boss, as in wanting to have control over women. Why they have this incredible need to control women is something for another thread.

But a lot of men also like a smart, educated, and independent woman. Men who like the other kind of woman aren't that big of a problem for me. I wouldn't give a rat's ass for a man who felt threatened by an independent woman, but I understand it takes all kinds. Where you made your mistake was in putting down women like me in posting that an intelligent, educated, and independent woman wouldn't do very well in Seattle and insinuating it's because there's something wrong with her.

And I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I have been the only woman in my chemistry class and the only woman in my physics class and I had to work hard and put up with a lot of crap from people who didn't think I belonged in either class. What you think is the chip on my shoulder, is what happens when I react to someone when they suggest I'd be better off not being educated so I would have an easier time finding a boyfriend.

Feminists screaming their heads off about all the horrors they had to put up with by men to make their noble and honorable achievements!! I guess if we don't kneel before them, worship at their feet and honor their immaculate nature, we are sexist, evil and only want a woman as a sex toy..

In fact, the tides have turned.. Rodent, decries all the injustices to women, but this man-hating feminist probably scoffs and enjoys all the wrongdoings being done against men in our society. In fact, a woman can beat her husband mentally, emotionally and even physically to a bloody pulp and if he even attempts any retribution or defense he can be thrown into prison, have all his assets seized and be condemned as a criminal by the government. I have known women who have stabbed their husbands, thrown physical objects at them and even punched or kicked them. If they even attempted to shove their wife they could be convicted as spousal abusers losing all their Constitution rights , their children and be forced to pay reparations the rest of their lives for something as simple as shoving them off of them during a physical assault. Indeed, our country has reversed the abuses of women, which were many, and now incriminates and torments men. A man has almost no rights, freedom or respect in a relationship and almost any court case where the man is the defendant, will result in the man automatically losing. In the state of Washington, they actually have a law that men will automatically lose in any spousal abuse case and the system is more revolving around the man defending himself against the degree of abuse rather than whether he is innocent or not. If a man can prove his innocence in a criminal court, he is guaranteed to lose in civil court, whether or not he truly committed any crime against his spouse.

Washington has the most atrocious and antiquated alimony and child support laws. Men automatically lose their children in any divorce case and will have to pay unruly amounts of child support. Your child support will be based on your income at the time of the divorce and G-d Forbid it was high, you will be forced to pay that payment the rest of your life until your children are grown. ANd, if your ex-wife marries another man who has a lot of money, you will still be forced to pay the child support payment and their will be no monitoring or any accountability on the woman to where these hefty child support payments are going.

So many men have their children taken from them and are only allowed to see their own children they have put onto this earth once a week or once or twice a month! They have to report to the courts and get the permission of the woman!! Men are treated like scum and criminals. Women have this deity like status in this community who have coerced and twisted their feminist ideology to pervert and pollute our courts to incriminate the male gender. The oppression that woman suffered years ago in marriage is what men suffer from today! In fact, women have the muscle now , since the legal system defends them, men are incarcerated and forced to be emasculated in relationships for fear of reprisals!

OF course, Rodent, would laugh, HAHA, the men are brutal pigs and they deserve to suffer for all the injustices they have done! Yes, I know the feminazi mentality.. The men deserve to suffer for all their crimes! She probably overlooks all the men who went to war, had their faces and legs blown off and were made to suffer horrible forms of torture, while they sat at home enjoying a simple and pleasant life caring and rearing kids. Indeed, they had it so horrible and hard while men were so enjoying themselves on the battlefield losing limbs and watching their friends get torn to pieces and die painful deaths in front of their eyes!

Do you want to know who has suffered throughout the generations much more than women? Men!! Men have suffered atrocious injustices and had to overcome obstacles and challenges that were almost unfathomable for any human being to have to endure. How many men were sent home blind, crippled and wounded from war? Indeed, many of these noble ladies would leave these wounded men and go find a new husband. Yes, the poor woman and all her hardships she had to endure.

I am not saying women did not have to endure hardships, but I think men have endured many more. Yes, women have had a harder time breaking into the IT industry, perhaps.. But , I also think a lot of women are the problem too. Complaining, insulting and attacking other people saying they were all against you may be part of the reason why everyone was against you. Indeed, a lot of men I know avoid some female IT workers, because they act like they are so superior and act like every man in the room is the devil. The ones I know who get respect are as I originally wrote, friendly, fun, easy-going, look at working as a team and integrating and not out to promote the evils of the male gender and all the hardships and challenges they had to overcome. People like that will have their own soap box to scream on but nobody will really care.

I am sorry you were the only female in your chemistry class. When I was in Computer Science class back in the day, our class started out with like 30 guys and 8 girls. Nobody looked down on them, talked bad to them, said any insults to them or laughed at them. However, many of them were bored and didn't seem to partake in the discussion. By the end of the class there was only 2 girls left and both were great girls to have in the class. One was a very intelligent Chinese girl and the other was a girl and her boyfriend. They both were intelligent, partook in conversation, were friendly and intriguing people to interact with. They didn't come to the class to scold and attack the evil men for making them the minority. I am sad to say the biggest reason there was more men than women is that most women just didn't care very much about the profession and didn't have a drive for it. Of course, a feminist like you will believe it is an evil male conspiracy to destroy women and enslave them for their bodies. Great logic you have there!

However, if you are talking in the realm of careers and financial success, women actually outnumber men at most universities and women are now making as much if not more money than men in many professions. Indeed, more and more women are staying single these days because they are finding it too hard to marry a man who meets their financial requirements. Despite all these women being "egalitarian" liberated females, they refuse to marry a man who makes less money than them , as this will hurt their ego, reputation and go against the natural feeling that most women still have of needing to be nurtured and provided to be fulfilled by a man.

I wonder how many men you take out on dates, pay for their dinners and would even consider supporting them if they were financially hurting. If your husband lost his job and wanted to go out shopping for hunting equipment, I bet you tell the "bum" to "get a job" and buy his own! However, if a man wouldn't go and spoil his princess at the mall, he is cruel, selfish brutal and evil slave-master.. I love the double standard of the American Feminist! The Seattle Feminist is the epitome of all American Feminists!

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-15-2015 at 06:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or