Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 05:43 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,037 times

Advertisements

From an outsider's point of view: I just came back from Seattle. Was visiting for a couple of days. I don't know what you all are talking about, I saw lots of pleasant, polite, smiling young people on the streets. Walked around downtown and central area mostly. Most women I saw were fit and friendly. Pretty much opposite of what I'm reading about on this forum

Old 09-09-2015, 06:14 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
From an outsider's point of view: I just came back from Seattle. Was visiting for a couple of days. I don't know what you all are talking about, I saw lots of pleasant, polite, smiling young people on the streets. Walked around downtown and central area mostly. Most women I saw were fit and friendly. Pretty much opposite of what I'm reading about on this forum
This sub-forum gets a lot of cranks and trolls. You have to take it with huge boulders of salt, daily. (Watch your blood pressure, after all that salt, though! ) Also try the University District for more pleasant, fit, and friendly young people, a couple of good museums, some good, casual restaurants, and a beautiful stroll through the campus. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
^^^ Gosh from what it sounds like- Seattle would rock for me, then lol
I'm soooo tired of the men in this city-
I could write a book on the typical personalities of the men here & it really turns me off.
I should go to Seattle- I bet I'd find some really good men.....

Old 09-10-2015, 08:30 AM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
A lot of complaints about the dating scene in Seattle are complaints about the modern dating scene overall.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 AM

735 posts, read 871,340 times
This complaint is as old as time. Men want more and easier obtained sex with young pretty women, then those young pretty women are willing to give. Go anywhere on this planet and you will find angry frustrated men complaining about ugly women and not getting any.

This thread should be closed, CD is better then this. Take your complaining to 4chan or reddit and bask in the glow of other guys as they post about their frustrations.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:24 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
This is how men in Seattle make a move on women:

1. Find unsuspecting female in a public area, preferably in a restaurant or cafe where she is in the middle of eating a meal.
2. Sit at least three feet away from her, but not too far that she can't see you.
3. Now, STARE at her with a blank face. Don't blink. Don't smile. Don't say a word. Just stare at her. Even better if you can do the creepy mouth-breather pose while you are staring at her like a hawk watching it's prey.
4. Continue watching her eat and hope that she acknowledges your stare and starts a conversation with you.

Problem is, #4 usually never happens. Why? Because most women get creeped out by the staring, not invited by it. This is what Seattle has come to. People are so scared of initiating conversation, that they resort to these staring games but it doesn't go anywhere because the other person is also too scared to say anything.

Seattle will turn you into a socially awkward nerd even if you otherwise wouldn't be.
Lmao.....come to think of it, this is probably true

I used to work in a very public place.
The same guy would come in every other night & have no real reason to be there.
He'd wander around, taking his sweet time while staring hard at me.
It got to be creepy after a certain point.
When he came up to me after quite a few nights like that I asked where he's from.
Seattle of course, lol
He was new here & very, very awkward.....

Old 09-10-2015, 12:31 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post

It's a horrible place filled with horrible people who pretend to be things they are not. It's insular, the women are terrible superficial people, but they don't take care of themselves, it's a one-way thing because the women here are spoiled rotten. No one talks to each other, no one allows conversations to begin, unless you're a specific look, or style. The people are a joke, it's like high school all over again.
:
You do realize that the same can be, and is, said about Seattle men?

Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 PM

233 posts, read 250,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You do realize that the same can be, and is, said about Seattle men?
I agree with BOTH the above posts.

Seattle men AND women are both real pains-in-the-butt!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:36 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
There's a saying:
If you meet one a-hole per day, that person is probably an a-hole. If everyone you meet is an a-hole, then it is actually you who is the a-hole.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
The biggest flaw with Seattle women is their cold, rigid personas and complete lack of humor and personality. Of course, I do believe these flaws also encompass their male folk, but it seems even more prevalent among the women, who seem to go out of their way to prove their Independence and promote their Alpha or more Domineering/Independent hybrid personalities. Couple this with the typical reserve and cold Scandinavian culture that has long been prevalent in the Northwest, you have some pretty icy relationships and trying to intermingle with Seattle women becomes a chore rather than entertainment. Whereas women in other cities understand gender roles and will respect men for behaving naturally, in Seattle people are expected to conform to a set of controlled principles, where exhibiting male traits is considered sexist (and potentially racist, e.g. white guy trying to date black woman or foreign woman, etc,), as well as to have a self-hating, masochistic ambiance. Women here will consider men who act too male like or solicit them in any type of way outside of a professional, business-like manner conforming to the societal standards as being sexist, evil, misogynistic, etc. The excessive amount of expectations of men to conform to radical feminist standards forces many men to become submissive beta types out of share desperation.

I do agree that almost all American cities and, Western culture, as a whole, are plagued by the new politically correct, gender neutral, feminized ideologies. Men are taught to behave like women and women are taught to behave like men. Men are taught that they are degenerate and oppressive creatures who cannot respect a woman. However, considering women in this society cheat as much as men do, initiate most divorces and re-marry while still accepting alimony payments, etc, I would say that the lack of respect is mutual. However, the feminazis will obviously challenge me, as men are the source of all evils in their eyes and they have the judges to back up their claims!

I have to admit I do understand why Seattlites are so fond of their dogs and pets.. COnsidering how dull and humorless most people are in Seattle, I can see the average Seattlite has a better relationship with his/her dog than he/she would have with their husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm finding the animals in Seattle have much more personality and are more entertaining than most of the people..

BTW.. I do believe that most of the men in Seattle exhibit many of these traits, it is just that if I was seeking a relationship it would be with a woman. So, I am sharing my perspective through the eyes of a male. I can see where an old-fashioned, feminine and outgoing type of woman would feel just as depressed in a relationship with a Seattle man, as most lack humor, masculinity and don't have much of a personality. I find it hard to make friends in Seattle with men, as well, as many men seem so reserved and dull, I cannot just laugh, talk freely and have a good time as I would with the men I grew up with any other places. Being a man and trying to make friends with a man in Seattle is almost as much of a chore as it is to meet a woman. That is weird!

Everything in Seattle, as a whole in 2015, is no-nonsense, humorless, fabricated, business like , ultra politically correct and conformist. For a place that champions diversity, equality, freedom , etc, I would say it is one of the most oppressed, judgmental and controlled populations I have ever encountered. Of course, this phenomenon will extend to the dating and marriage world too.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-10-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area