Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:46 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times

Advertisements

Um, well I liked Starbucks before I moved here and still drink it. But I also try out numerous other coffee shops too. There are a lot around. I really like the Storyville Coffee at Pike's Place. It's like a little hidden oasis. Other than that, I tend to go to Caffe Fiore on the weekends since it's less than a block from my apartment ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 10:12 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Speaking of which, I've enjoyed Mr. RotseCherut's many comments around here. If he's ever in town maybe I could treat him to a glass of the finer stuff and he could show me what I've been missing. I'm sure we'd find something interesting to talk about.
I am not one to turn down being treated to fine whiskey.. I'm in town quite often, to the dismay of some of the City Data forum members here..

I'd like to learn where you learned to write so eloquently.. I'm quite envious and only wish I had half of your literary prowess.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:24 AM

51 posts, read 67,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Um, well I liked Starbucks before I moved here and still drink it. But I also try out numerous other coffee shops too. There are a lot around. I really like the Storyville Coffee at Pike's Place. It's like a little hidden oasis. Other than that, I tend to go to Caffe Fiore on the weekends since it's less than a block from my apartment ha.
I love Storyville, some of the best french press I've ever had, although I still have a hard time convincing folks from out-of-town to go there than waiting in line at the original Starbucks...

If I had to rank my top 5 coffee places in Seattle (service, quality, atmosphere):

1. Espresso Vivace
2. Storyville
3. Neptune
4. Victrola
5. Stumptown

Old 04-18-2015, 01:30 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,887,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruvis View Post
I love Storyville, some of the best french press I've ever had, although I still have a hard time convincing folks from out-of-town to go there than waiting in line at the original Starbucks...

If I had to rank my top 5 coffee places in Seattle (service, quality, atmosphere):

1. Espresso Vivace
2. Storyville
3. Neptune
4. Victrola
5. Stumptown
Yeah, my only complaint about Vivace is that they only serve espresso and no drip coffee (someone correct me if I'm wrong; last time I tried to buy drip they said they only serve espresso).

Old 04-18-2015, 02:54 PM

905 posts, read 1,103,254 times
I typically brew my own, but if I go out for coffee, it's usually one of the smaller, local shops around (Cafe Vita, Uptown, etc.). Just better coffee IMHO.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:05 PM

432 posts, read 359,948 times
Don't like their drip; their lattes are fine by me. In Seattle I generally went to indy cafes, but traveling in the sticks I was always happy to see a Starbucks. Beats the heck out of convenience store/ fast food coffee.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:55 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times
I order my specialty gold beans from a small Moldavian startup. It takes 18 weeks to get them, and a pound to make each cup, but it's so worth that $250/month. I feel sorry for all of you.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 AM

171 posts, read 190,311 times
I guess i'll be a Seattle "Outcast" since I don't drink Coffee at all lol

Old 04-19-2015, 11:49 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I can't stand coffee. I always assumed some day I'd learn to like it, but it never did happen. I will say that I think Starbucks has terrible (and expensive) hot chocolate, and there are quite a few other coffee places with much better hot chocolate

Since Starbucks is all there is around my workplace, I've learned to find something I like on the days I want something different. I really like their iced green tea.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM

65 posts, read 97,462 times
Coffee.......ah this is a ridiculous passion of mine. I attend numerous coffee trade shows, home roast sometimes, worked in the industry, and played a factor in determining to move to Seattle. I have mail ordered and visited too many Seattle coffee shops/roasters that it's almost embarrassing.

I always wondered why Starbucks didn't simply cut back their roast time/profiles on a select group of coffee beans for those that prefer the lighter micro roasted coffees. I understand they have to roast at a scale most don't comprehend, but again, why not offer a lighter bean that is actually "lightly roasted". Sure, they offer the Blonde Roast that is much lighter than most of the other Starbuck beans. But it still doesn't quite taste like other lighter roasted beans.

Anyhow, here are some favorites in and around Seattle:

1) Kuma (beans only)
2) Broadcast (gonna blow up soon)
3) Herkimer (pleasant surprise)
4) Zeitgeist
5) Storyville (stunning beauty!!)
6) Elm
7) Slate (showmanship & similar to craft beer with their flights)
8) Moore (fan of the hotel & the women serving the latte art)
9) Monorail (great when downtown & passionate owner)
10) Espresso Vivace (all espresso drinks A+)
11) Lighthouse
12) Kaladi
13) Millstead (great variety of roasters & get a bag of Heart Coffee from Portland)
14) Victrola
15) Stumptown (can be a little hit or miss)
16) Ladro (Lower Queen Anne early in morning)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area