Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM

22 posts, read 26,208 times

Advertisements

Ugh...I'm in the business so I may be speaking with a bit of bias behind my comments. While an assigned beat is common, the resources need to go where they are needed. That said, you won't always see a patrol car roaming around View Ridge side streets but more likely tending to an issue on LCW. Same goes for Magnolia...while it would be great to reduce the amount of residential burglaries there to have a beat car driving around alleys, the buzz and happenings in Lower QA take priority. It's always a fine balance between proactive policing and responding to calls for service. Emergent situations require more personnel and a city the size of Seattle has a high demand for calls that run the gamut from 9-1-1 hangups to traffic collisions to everything in between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 AM

338 posts, read 847,787 times
Just out of curiosity, why do the "buzz and happenings in Lower QA" take priority over Magnolia crime?
Considering the length of response time when actual burglaries are in progress (including one that was armed), that doesn't fly with me (Magnolia resident).
Both QA & Magnolia are seeing a major increase in a variety of crimes and population growth, and we've yet to see an increase in police presence/investigations/etc. go with it, despite paying tax dollars for such a service. I realize major crime (murder/rape/etc.) is going to take precedence, but Seattle is growing. Our fire stations, police, public transit, etc. should be growing with it. Otherwise, what are we paying taxes for again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: