Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times

Advertisements

I think many places on the west coast, and in the northwest have taken on a California flavor with the mass migration of Californians. Most places seem to turn ultra liberal in time, once the Californians arrive...like Bozeman, Missoula, Boise, Seattle, Portland, Medford, Bend,and etc....and become ultra expensive in regard to rents and home ownership, as the real estate seems to get jacked up. I am not sure if this is a result of CA migration or not. Some natives/locals in these states, feel they cannot afford to buy a home any longer, and get outbid a lot from California cash buyers with deep pockets, and that the rents have soared as a result of CA migration into their states. To what effect in reality, I am not sure. People have the right to be upset if they can no longer afford to buy a home in their home states in my view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 08:13 AM

108 posts, read 135,012 times
Default taking over

Its bullies that take over a place and force their politics and views.and look at all them ugly track homes.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:13 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,068 times
What bullies? Do you mean tract homes?

Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,182 times
Im personall surprised there is still coastal land in the Northwest that is sparsely inhabited. You'd think the entire coast would've been gobbled up by now, since thr climate is way more desirable than the eastern US. Im sure its starting to happen, but I would've expected that stretch from SF all the way to Seattle to be very populated by now.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:43 PM

765 posts, read 899,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Im personall surprised there is still coastal land in the Northwest that is sparsely inhabited. You'd think the entire coast would've been gobbled up by now, since thr climate is way more desirable than the eastern US. Im sure its starting to happen, but I would've expected that stretch from SF all the way to Seattle to be very populated by now.
Please no. Also the Northwest coastline is cold almost all year. In between 45-70 degrees but usually in 50's or 60's. Also it's almost in a constant fog and when it's not it will probably be overcast. Seattle has more variance in temps and receives less rain because it's in the rain shadow of the Olympics. I think some people might prefer the east coast climate to the coast.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:59 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Why don't you all just shut the hell up about California, it's tiresome.

Try spending that wasted energy on actually trying to befriend someone from California.

Look around you, Washington is not nirvana, no pun intended...and the problems began long before all the horrible Californians arrived.

I have to travel to Seatle for medical care...graffiti, trash, crazy drivers, rude people, homeless camps everywhere...is that b/c of California?

And I will not even begin to comment on what I see & experience every day where I live.

And to think I initially joined CD to make contact with & befriend other Washington residents...haha!

So , shut up & move on.
Maybe you should "move on" back to California.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:44 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Maybe you should "move on" back to California.
Knock yourself out.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:26 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Knock yourself out.
Fifth generation, sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area