Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,224 times

Advertisements

I've been a resident of Renton Highlands for 8 years, next to the Technical College, which is a first-class facility from what I hear.

Another great thing about Renton is it has its own water supply, something that most other suburbs can't say. The quality is good and not expensive.

Renton has been progressing into a fine town. The Federal Reserve Bank is moving here from downtown Seattle, the Seattle Seahawks' practice facility and headquarters is nearly complete (near Coulon Park on the Lake), the Boeing 737 production line is going to be pumping out jets for years, and it's a pretty area.

Not to mention that you can find a variety of housing options, including smaller houses in my area that still go for under $300K if you don't mind fixing a little like I did. In that 8-year span the value of my home doubled.

Good luck, and best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,820,155 times
I noticed a banner today at the construction site with a web address:

Sanctuary | New Apartments in Renton

It doesn't say much other than indicating Fall 2008 as the opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewba View Post
Are the apartments between Fry's and Boeing still being actively worked on? It seems like they've been stuck at that yellow vapor barrier stage for a long time.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:57 AM

506 posts, read 2,566,094 times
Don't know much about Renton other than the Fry's I checked out a couple of times. As soon as Boeing sold the land around there almost everyone opened up shop!

As for Trader Joe's, they will only open one if the population in a given radius reaches a minimum level. A few people I know are dying for one to open up north (Arlington/Marysville) so they called Trader Joe's corporate office and that's what their response was. We just visited someone in Federal Way and there's a pretty big Trader Joe's there near The Commons...at least bigger than the one in Kirkland.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,080,510 times
I'm syked about the new Target by Frye's. Sure beats having to go to Southcenter or Kent.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 PM

34 posts, read 117,405 times
My vote is kennydale and any part that is a part of the Issaquah school district.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 8,871 times
I'm looking for an apartment in Renton and will be working at Boeing Field. The one's I've seen have been very nice. Reading the posts I see to stay away from certain areas or neighborhoods, but I'm not sure where those areas are yet. The apartments I have looked at most recently are Forestview and Regency Woods which are on/around Eagle Ridge Dr. near Benson Rd/Benson Dr. Is that area ok? Be truthful please..any help would be great! Thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:19 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,232,602 times
Jeffermon,
That's not at all a dangerous area...maybe a little boring, as it's away from the main retail and entertainment areas of Renton and closer to strip malls, but not far away from the Benson Center Fred Meyer store and pretty close to the east hill of Kent, which has a lot of hole in the wall ethnic eateries, like Ukranian and Mexican and Thai and Indian places...So yes, the area is okay, safe, and a little further away from Boeing Field. I assume you mean Seattle's Boeing Field rather than Renton Airport..

Old 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM

358 posts, read 1,053,631 times
I lived in the Cascade-Fairwood area of Renton for 1.5 years. I liked living there because friends and school were within close by. Shopping isn't far and schools are okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area