Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 733 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I will be moving with my family to Seattle this September and have never been there before so any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is our first out of state move as well, so feel free to share your experiences of what worked and didn't work for you.

We are pretty much selling everything and buying what we need again when we arrive and have decided to go down to one vehicle so we may save money and make use of public transportation. We have decided to use Ubox with Uhaul, since the cost are pretty much the same without the hassle of having to drive a Uhaul truck across country. I will be driving with my partner, our 4 year old, and 2 dogs; we really haven't mapped out the trip yet but thinking it's going to be about a week's drive for us.

I would really like to live in Seattle but after doing some research; I don't believe anyone would rent to us because of our dogs. We have a GSD and Pit bull. Both are great dogs but I see there are A LOT of breed restrictions, which always include my two...lol. I am really not sure where we should live, since I have no knowledge about the area. I would like what everyone else is probably looking for...something affordable, in a nice neighborhood, good walk/transportation score, that will accept our dogs.

Thanks in Advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 12:17 PM

731 posts, read 934,697 times
Hmmm. This question is almost too hard to answer (hence the lack of responses). Have you read other threads about renting in Seattle? Also, where are you working? If you live north of Seattle and work south of Seattle you could be looking at a 2 hour commute - each way. You leave too many unknowns in your question.

With your dogs, maybe try Burien or Kent? Also, what is your price range?

Why are you moving here? It doesn't sound like you've thought it out too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area