Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 03:26 PM

38 posts, read 78,666 times

Advertisements

Hahahaha... There seems to be a little nastiness everywhere nowadays,
...would give my boyfriend's right nut if it meant I could change it, but sadly that's what our country's communities suffer...
(thank God he's not an online person)

Our current predicament could even have to go as far as trying to get him a job transfer to some other community around the Seattle radius. I'm a transplant from FL and I just can't see myself living anywhere else but the Pacific Northwest now

Last edited by Fedekat; 05-26-2015 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 03:44 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedekat View Post
Hahahaha... There seems to be a little nastiness everywhere nowadays,
...would give my boyfriend's right nut if it meant I could change it, but sadly that's what our country's communities suffer...
(thank God he's not an online person)

Our current predicament could even have to go as far as trying to get him a job transfer to some other community around the Seattle radius. I'm a transplant from FL and I just can't see myself living anywhere else but the Pacific Northwest now
I'm considering Lynnwood or Kirkland. Any suggestions? Downtown Seattle is too expensive for me.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:58 PM

Oh, I know, rents downtown blew me away!!! Wouldn't that have been FUN to be a Seattle urbanite? hahaha
Lynnwood? I'm not familiar with that one... googletime...

Old 05-26-2015, 04:00 PM

Oh, I know, rents downtown blew me away!!! Wouldn't that have been FUN to be a Seattle urbanite? hahaha
Lynnwood? I'm not familiar with that one... googletime...

Old 05-26-2015, 04:02 PM

oops

Old 05-26-2015, 04:11 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I still may take my girl friend with me or shouldn't I?
Of course, you'll have a better chance of finding a place, in Lynnwood, Kirkland, or wherever, if you take her with you, since at least she's currently employed. You'd actually have to live together, bound by a one-year lease...

Old 05-26-2015, 04:13 PM

(you make that sound painful)

Old 05-26-2015, 04:25 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Move to Lynnwood , Everett, Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Burien, Edmonds, etc and call it good.. If you are from Los Angeles, none of these areas will really seem bad to you at all.. Don't waste your money moving to Seattle's over-hyped and overpriced trendy neighborhoods.. Belltown and other parts of Downtown, as well as Capitol Hill are noisy, crowded, have a lot of property crime, in addition to a lot of pretentious people who act like they are a superior life form for being so blessed to have the luxury of renting a closet in downtown Seattle or Capitol Hill..

How many self-serving, self-absored, thick-headed and egotistical urbanites do you need to be around in one night to feel fulfillment of the cosmopolitan Seattle lifestyle?

I, personally, think suburbs as I mentioned above or even Seattle neighborhoods like Wallingsford, Greenwood, Ravenna, even U-District are much better places to live, more relaxed and not as full of snobby, pretentious jerks who are out to prove their intellectual prowess and embellish their superficial, urbanite preeminence.

P.S.
Kirkland is very yuppie... If that is your thing that is fine.. Not a place for younger, single people, it is mostly older people and families. I guess they are building new apartment and condo complexes that are attracting the Seattle refugees who want to live in a smaller city with less crime, yet still can commute to Seattle or Bellevue for jobs. However, these apartments, although cheaper than Seattle, are not cheap.

If money was no object, I would live in Kirkland .. I thought about Issaquah, but the town is extremely boring, expensive and ruled by the soccer mom and yuppie types. It, however, does have the best nearby mountain/forest scenery of all the cities in the Seattle metro. North Bend, may be better for scenery, actually, but it is more far out and rentals are overpriced and scarce.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 05-26-2015 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 04:26 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Easy there Rotse. Love your passion but some of us Seattle residents have redeeming qualities.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:33 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Easy there Rotse. Love your passion but some of us Seattle residents have redeeming qualities.
Nothing personal HomesInSeattle.. Kurt Cobain was one of the coolest guys in existence..

Oh wait, he was from Aberdeen actually. Still , close enough, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area