Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:06 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingSeattle View Post
The fact that someone was offended that you might be chauvinistic enough to have a small instinct of self-preservation tells you everything you need to know about the male-female dynamics up there. It's a Puritan feminist society and if you've got a dick, you're guilty of original sin. There's nothing else like it in America, and they hide it pretty well from the rest of the country..
Complete nonsense! There are all kinds of women in Seattle, including some that would remind you of the free-love 60's. Apparently you didn't make a good impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 11:08 AM

64 posts, read 110,710 times
See what I mean?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
See what I mean?
It sounds like you missed out on all the action. I can't imagine why, with that charismatic personality of yours. Most men on this forum and elsewhere who miss out are oddly oblivious to the many venues for meeting women, or they're awkward at going about talking to women.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 3,079 times
Quote:
See what I mean?
Right? I saw one of your posts somewhere else and I wanted to quote it and just thank you for speaking the truth even in the face of resistance.

Seattle is some strange hybrid of liberalism/feminism where the women sometimes get mad that men approach or even so much as speak to them in public, but they still expect men to do all the work unless they are VERY attractive.

It's sort of silly, really, and if anyone dares question it they're immediately shunned and put down, and if there is any one thing to take about human behavior, it's that people hate hearing all of that because they know there's some truth, otherwise it could be swatted down easily.

There is something in the air, maybe it's gender split with so many more men creating a situation where the women use them as disposable napkins. Who knows, who really cares? Place doesn't have a working plan in place for growth, so it's going to fall apart.

I've never met more judgmental, rude, condescending people in my life, than living in Seattle. I mean that in the entirety of my life minus high school and earlier, I've met more of these types of people in Seattle, than everything else combined.

Whoever posted that "this is the face of conformity" post deserves a medal. I keep hearing about these women, they don't really exist, that's just how they describe themselves. You really expected them to tell the truth?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:43 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why assume he'd be looking at Capitol Hill? There are lots of nice, more affordable neighborhoods all over town, with apartment complexes in great locations. They would probably love West Seattle, for example, and the Northgate area has some nice apartments by a golf course. There are many options for the OP.

Anyone who loves Seattle would be miserable in Las Vegas. Besides, the drought is going to adversely impact life there.
West Seattle is nice as well as Kirkland.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:26 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,689 times
First you ask about moving as a couple. Then you turn around and say you are unemployed and you would be willing to dump said gf so you can live in Seattle.

Good grief.

I think you should go with the city that you can find a job in, but you know that's just my common sense speaking. You'd have an easier time getting started in Vegas since the COL isn't as high as Seattle.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:29 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
First you ask about moving as a couple. Then you turn around and say you are unemployed and you would be willing to dump said gf so you can live in Seattle.

Good grief.

I think you should go with the city that you can find a job in, but you know that's just my common sense speaking. You'd have an easier time getting started in Vegas since the COL isn't as high as Seattle.
My girlfriend is willing to move to Seattle with me now. I found several apartments in west Seattle and Kirkland that are in my price range.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:21 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
My girlfriend is willing to move to Seattle with me now. I found several apartments in west Seattle and Kirkland that are in my price range.
Awesome, dude! West Seattle is nice, has the kind of coffee shops, etc. that you like. Some of 'em are right along the beach, which is a nice way to spend a summer afternoon. And the parks in W Seattle are awesome, too. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:26 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oksurethinghoney View Post
Right? I saw one of your posts somewhere else and I wanted to quote it and just thank you for speaking the truth even in the face of resistance.

Seattle is some strange hybrid of liberalism/feminism where the women sometimes get mad that men approach or even so much as speak to them in public, but they still expect men to do all the work unless they are VERY attractive.

It's sort of silly, really, and if anyone dares question it they're immediately shunned and put down, and if there is any one thing to take about human behavior, it's that people hate hearing all of that because they know there's some truth, otherwise it could be swatted down easily.

There is something in the air, maybe it's gender split with so many more men creating a situation where the women use them as disposable napkins. Who knows, who really cares? Place doesn't have a working plan in place for growth, so it's going to fall apart.

I've never met more judgmental, rude, condescending people in my life, than living in Seattle. I mean that in the entirety of my life minus high school and earlier, I've met more of these types of people in Seattle, than everything else combined.

Whoever posted that "this is the face of conformity" post deserves a medal. I keep hearing about these women, they don't really exist, that's just how they describe themselves. You really expected them to tell the truth?
OK, so you joined this forum site just to post this? Sounds like you care. A lot.

As for judgmental, rude, condescending--it depends on the niche. There are different crowds. Some are mellow, others--not so much. Some people have trouble finding their niche.

BTW, dude, if the public approach doesn't work for you, try the many group venues. There are tons of those. Hard to miss.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:11 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why assume he'd be looking at Capitol Hill? There are lots of nice, more affordable neighborhoods all over town, with apartment complexes in great locations. They would probably love West Seattle, for example, and the Northgate area has some nice apartments by a golf course. There are many options for the OP.

Anyone who loves Seattle would be miserable in Las Vegas. Besides, the drought is going to adversely impact life there.
He's unemployed and living at home. His girlfriend is apparently working a low-pay non-profit job and is also living at home. That is not a good recipe for moving to a high COL area with a very competitive job market (BAs are a dime a dozen here), where they know no one. At least his girlfriend having friends in LV means there's a better chance of finding a landing spot and getting leads on jobs. With the lower COL, assuming they find jobs, they should be able to afford to pay for air conditioning.

My point is that he should finish his training and then, if he still wants to move, go where he's got the best chance of finding a job and saving money. I doubt that is Seattle.

Quote:
Everytime I visited Seattle I went to Pike place market, capital hill, Seattle waterfront, Queen Ann, U district, space needle, pioneer square and the art museam....In Seattle I really like the great restaurants, great shopping, great museaums and nice people.
That yells "Capitol Hill" or a close correlate (Lower Queen Anne?) where the rents won't be much lower. That's what's drawing him - the Seattle "siren" song. Chances are, without a job, he won't be able to find an apartment, and without a place to live, he won't be able to find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area