Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
1.) I don't believe your story.
Why, because I have white skin? I can come meet you, look you in the eye and tell in person my story the exact same way I wrote it here. What happened, happened exactly the way I wrote it. I lived in Portland, Oregon during the 90s and there was a lot of animosity against white people by black people there. Did you live in Portland in the 90s? If not, who cares what you think as you don't know the way things were there.

Quote:
2.) Given the racial hatred that people of West European descent have shown themselves capable of demonstrating and given you guys' tireless attempts to try and demonize other races, I don't think it's so hard to imagine why some people may think of racism as being a majority West European problem...
The person who has the most racial hatred here, I believe is you. Black people have demonstrated that they can also be quite racist, xenophobic, insular and hostile to people who are not of their ethnicity or their appearance. You, yourself, are, in fact, racist. You stated in your thread you will not date a person of "European blood". It seemed to have nothing to do with culture, religion or any other reason that could be considered rational. For example, a Mormon or Muslim would only marry one another because it is part of their religion and culture. However, you said you would marry a person who is mixed, but never "European". Obviously, your reasoning is that you don't like that race, whether it is physical, ethical or whatever reason. In fact, the only logical reason behind your logic is, in fact, racism. You cannot marry or date people with this skin color. And, how much percentage of black blood does the woman need to have for you to date them? Margaret Sanger and David Duke have used the same logic with respect to rules of dating and marriage.

Quote:
Can someone please come bring me the world's smallest violin?
I think you already are playing it.

Quote:
When have European American rights ever been violated on a systematic grand scale? When have people who are West European descent in America had to fight to be treated like human beings? What history do European Americans have of oppression and being mistreated by the country's majority population for absolutely no reason whatsoever?
In fact, Europeans have suffered horribly even worse than black people at times. But, since you are just painting everyone with the same brush, due to your hatred of white people, you would not bother doing any research of history. Anything, historical, that doesn't make whitey look like the devil is not significant to you.

I would think that the Irish were treated absolutely atrociously and in some ways suffered as bad as the blacks. The Irish were in Europe and even as immigrants in the USA looked at as sub-human. THey were basically treated as slaves and forced to build our railroads in the Northeast. Coming from the famines of Ireland to the USA, the Irish were considered the lowest of the low. In fact, after the Civil War, many Irish people in the South starved to death while the jobs were given to Black southerners. This created a lot of animosity between Irish and African American people in the region.

A common sight for the Irish immigrant in USA

My grandfather didn't like looking at these type of signs back when he was in Virginia in the 1940s

This is just one group of "Europeans" who were horribly oppressed and whose suffering is ignored. Obviously, their white skin means they deserved it to you. I'm Jewish and won't even bother going into the suffering of my people. Obviously, being white and brown people, Jews deserved it too I am sure. My grandmother's village was exterminated by Nazis. As well, Jews were not allowed to live in gentile neighborhoods even in the USA for many years and were not allowed to work for certain businesses or join clubs, etc.

Quote:
That's why some people have such a hard time seeing you guys as victims, because most of the time you're the ones going out of your way to persecute people who are just trying to be left alone and live their lives...
Maybe, people are sick of black people playing victim . Black people also go out and persecute people, including one another. Is it the European people's fault that there is so much black on black crime in America? Are all these gang related shootings because of "European people" and the evils they did? If a black man calls me a "K**e" and says he loves Hitler, which has happened to me, is that well deserved, because my skin color lacks enough melanin?

Some of the worst racism I ever saw was between African tribes. I was in Africa for half a year and can attest that black people can be utterly racist, especially among themselves.

When I was in Africa everyone called me a "white man". However, they would also make fun of the skin complexion of other tribes from other regions. I was with Ewe tribe in Ghana and they would make fun of the Ashanti tribe's "Black Skin", since the Ashantis were darker than the Ewes. How's that for some old world bigotry? Of course, since they are not "Europeans", they cannot be racist or held accountable. Everything is "Whitey's" fault.

Anyway, I can see this thread has devolved into another "Hate Whitey" thread. Think I will just bow out now. The OP is a troll..

Last edited by RotseCherut; 07-10-2015 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-10-2015, 02:26 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
The way I put it. A Seattleite neighbor won't care if you are gay or black, but they probably won't care if your house is on fire either.
This. The first week I moved here I saw a hit and run, it was pouring raining, I'm running up and down the street knocking on doors looking for the owner of the car. I get back to my house and my neighbor is on the street and I explained that I was trying to find the owner so I could pass along the license plate number and she said, "Oh, how cute."

"Coexist" sticker on her Subaru? Youbetcha.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:31 PM

779 posts, read 927,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Why, because I have white skin? I can come meet you, look you in the eye and tell in person my story the exact same way I wrote it here. What happened, happened exactly the way I wrote it. I lived in Portland, Oregon during the 90s and there was a lot of animosity against white people by black people there. Did you live in Portland in the 90s? If not, who cares what you think as you don't know the way things were there.
I doubt that you have "white skin". And no, it's not because you're European American, it's because your story sounds exaggerated and fake.

Quote:
The person who has the most racial hatred here, I believe is you. Black people have demonstrated that they can also be quite racist, xenophobic, insular and hostile to people who are not of their ethnicity or their appearance. You, yourself, are, in fact, racist. You stated in your thread you will not date a person of "European blood". It seemed to have nothing to do with culture, religion or any other reason that could be considered rational. For example, a Mormon or Muslim would only marry one another because it is part of their religion and culture. However, you said you would marry a person who is mixed, but never "European". Obviously, your reasoning is that you don't like that race, whether it is physical, ethical or whatever reason. In fact, the only logical reason behind your logic is, in fact, racism. You cannot marry or date people with this skin color. And, how much percentage of black blood does the woman need to have for you to date them? Margaret Sanger and David Duke have used the same logic with respect to rules of dating and marriage.
All of the African Americans I've ever spoken with or seen who are racist have become racist as a result of how they've been personally treated by European Americans. There are European Americans who have never had a single personal negative experience with Africans Americans who utterly hate their guts. There are European Americans who probably have never spoken to an African American who hat African Americans and anyone else who isn't of European descent.

Quote:
I think you already are playing it.
... Oook....

Quote:
In fact, Europeans have suffered horribly even worse than black people at times. But, since you are just painting everyone with the same brush, due to your hatred of white people, you would not bother doing any research of history. Anything, historical, that doesn't make whitey look like the devil is not significant to you.

I would think that the Irish were treated absolutely atrociously and in some ways suffered as bad as the blacks. The Irish were in Europe and even as immigrants in the USA looked at as sub-human. THey were basically treated as slaves and forced to build our railroads in the Northeast. Coming from the famines of Ireland to the USA, the Irish were considered the lowest of the low. In fact, after the Civil War, many Irish people in the South starved to death while the jobs were given to Black southerners. This created a lot of animosity between Irish and African American people in the region.

A common sight for the Irish immigrant in USA

My grandfather didn't like looking at these type of signs back when he was in Virginia in the 1940s

This is just one group of "Europeans" who were horribly oppressed and whose suffering is ignored. Obviously, their white skin means they deserved it to you. I'm Jewish and won't even bother going into the suffering of my people. Obviously, being white and brown people, Jews deserved it too I am sure. My grandmother's village was exterminated by Nazis. As well, Jews were not allowed to live in gentile neighborhoods even in the USA for many years and were not allowed to work for certain businesses or join clubs, etc.
Lol... No, European Americans have never suffered "worse at times" than African Americans since the inception of this country, no matter how you try to slice or twist the story. I'm not saying that you guys haven't been responsible for screwing one another over in the most disgusting of ways (Wall Street, dark ages, WW1&2) etc... But no, European American do not have a history in America of being persecuted and no one would (or should) take such a ridiculous notion seriously.

Quote:
Maybe, people are sick of black people playing victim . Black people also go out and persecute people, including one another. Is it the European people's fault that there is so much black on black crime in America? Are all these gang related shootings because of "European people" and the evils they did? If a black man calls me a "K**e" and says he loves Hitler, which has happened to me, is that well deserved, because my skin color lacks enough melanin?
Given European Americans propensity to lie, I'm not sure that I believe what race based government statistics say. Though I would ask, if African Americans aren't the ones who own most of the gun factories, ships, distributing facilities etc... How are all these guns continuously making their way into the poorest neighborhoods in America? Wherever there's corruption, violence, poverty, your people have something to do with it.

Also, let's not forget that 85 percent of Europeans who are murdered are murdered by their fellow European American. So you can stuff your "Black on Black crime" statement, most people who are murdered are murdered by people who share their race, not only in America, but around the world.

How is it that the U.S. rationalizes flying half way around the world to give the Middle East liberty, guns, and "train" them on how to police their citizens, but they can't even handle gun violence right here in the U.S.? The best thing the U.S. can "do for" other nations is butt out, leave them the hell alone, and allow them to solve their own problems. The U.S. government has the resources to stop gang violence, but they choose not to. Maybe if the U.S. government shifted it's attention where it should be (in America), more things would improve in America.

Quote:
Some of the worst racism I ever saw was between African tribes. I was in Africa for half a year and can attest that black people can be utterly racist, especially among themselves.

When I was in Africa everyone called me a "white man". However, they would also make fun of the skin complexion of other tribes from other regions. I was with Ewe tribe in Ghana and they would make fun of the Ashanti tribe's "Black Skin", since the Ashantis were darker than the Ewes. How's that for some old world bigotry? Of course, since they are not "Europeans", they cannot be racist or held accountable. Everything is "Whitey's" fault.

Anyway, I can see this thread has devolved into another "Hate Whitey" thread. Think I will just bow out now. The OP is a troll..
Again, more lies. I don't believe this story for one second.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:24 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,295,169 times
Where's the love, brothers and sisters? Dial it down a few notches and be kind to each other.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:31 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,201 times
Quote:

Again, more lies. I don't believe this story for one second.
If I didn't know better I would have thought you were a poster from Stormfront, but then you say you are black..

NO need in arguing with a guy who thinks everything that non-black people say is a lie.. By the way, since I am lying about what happened in Africa, how long did you stay in Africa? I can put you in touch with some of my Ghanaian friends in Ghana. I'm still in contact with some of them. They are Ewe people. Just ask them what they think of Ashanti , sit back and laugh at their bigotry. You obviously know very little about Africa despite being a "black man".

You sound ignorant, angry and callous, so there is no point in arguing with you. It reminds me of the Stormfronters who say that the HOlocaust never happened and was a fabrication of Western media to make Germans look bad.

I like how you blame the gang violence in the American inner cities on "European Americans" supplying them weapons. Right, ban guns, and blacks will suddenly be nicer to each other and stop all their violence.

It probably is true that more white people are probably killed by white people in America, since most white people couldn't even enter an African American slum without risk of being immediately killed for their skin color. How long would a white guy last walking around Detroit? Did you hear what happened to the white guy in Detroit who accidentily hit the kid who ran in front of his car and then was systematically beaten almost to death by a mob? It wasn't racist because he was just an evil white man being beaten up by innocent black victims. Whitey deserved it I am sure for all the horrible things his ancestors did to blacks.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...-a-hate-crime/

So, yes, most homicides are people of the same ethnic group killing another of the same ethnic group. However, if you compare the murders of black on black crime it is significantly higher than white on white crime. You may just want to scoff at the statistics, but many cities with high black populations also have the highest homicide rates in the country. There seems to be a streak of violence and hatred going on in black community and blaming the "White Man" for it all is not going to solve it.

Take it from me. Going into NE Portland and riding down MLK Jr Blvd in the 1990s was quite nervewracking. I could have felt like a black person did in the 1960s walking through the wrong neighborhood of a small southern MIssissippi town. I can understand how blacks could feel in Jim Crow south with the way I was treated walking around NE Portland in the 1990s. It sucks being hated for your skin color or lack of it.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Where's the love, brothers and sisters? Dial it down a few notches and be kind to each other.
Homes In Seattle, you are a European, therefore the enemy of the OP.. He doesn't love you or me.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:31 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
This. The first week I moved here I saw a hit and run, it was pouring raining, I'm running up and down the street knocking on doors looking for the owner of the car. I get back to my house and my neighbor is on the street and I explained that I was trying to find the owner so I could pass along the license plate number and she said, "Oh, how cute."

"Coexist" sticker on her Subaru? Youbetcha.

angelenogirl - yes, your neighbor immediately reminded me of the characters in 'Married With Children.' It's a problem virtually everywhere in the world now. Apathy. Don't care. Don't wanna have it explained why they should care.

Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area