Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:59 AM

210 posts, read 305,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montymontage View Post
easy taxpayer, you'll find that 'free' parking
Wow I tried to give that post some repuation too but it wouldn't let me. I love it when someone with common sense comes in to swoop the day and I don't sound like a complete a-hole, you people don't know me personally do you know/understand my ambitions. I don't have to tell them to you people when your only going to look down on them. I know I screwed up but everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, even fifth and beyond chances! You don't give up on people because that's how they fail in the first place. I plan on doing a lot more than just smoke pot and yes I understand that Biology Degree's are useless ON THERE OWN because in order to be a scientist you'll need to get a Masters Degree, which is something that a lot of people don't take into account when they sign up for their major. Heck, a lot of undergrads don't even REALIZE that the Biology Degree is meant for continuing your education into a specialized field. Its just like that phrase "you need to crawl before you can walk" so before you go around trying to tell me that my existence is nothing but a waste of tax money, why don't you think before you rash? Or think rationally maybe? Or be positive instead of negative. If this is the way you treat strangers asking for help than there's clearly something wrong with your state of mind, or maybe your butthurt because you had a crappy life and want others to make the same mistakes you have, well guess what buddy? I aint taking no advice from a negative nancy, nor will I let one make assumptions about me and scare me away from my dreams and ambitions. I wish to do more than just sell weed but like I said before I don't have to tell you nothing because there is nothing to prove because you mooks don't control my life, I do. I came to this forum for advice, not a troll war. So unless you have nothing nice to say than don't say anything at all. I can't believe I just had to say that to a bunch of middle to retirement age adults!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 AM

731 posts, read 935,847 times
Well, maybe you should think about how you present yourself. You seem to put your worst attributes first and then proceed to get defensive when others don't think you're some kind of genius.

Have you ever been to Seattle? Seattle is becoming a rich person's city and one of the hugest homeless cities in the US. People who grew up here and barely afford to live here and you come on here making some pretty ridiculous comments about why you think you should move here. You also said that pot is too expensive where you live, but do you realize it is more expensive where it's legal? Alcohol is more expensive here than most of the country as well.

A lot of the guys in tents under the freeway are waiting for their 5th chance right now, so come on down and show them how it's done.

I think you're pretty young and naive and have a lot to learn, but you do seem to know how to create a thread that garners a lot of comments. Well done.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
then proceed to get defensive when others don't think you're some kind of genius.
Exactly, because this world doesn't recognize true geniuses, only people who work hard. So if you were trying to teach me a lesson, than mission accomplished but it STILL doesn't help out humanity, which is exactly what I intend on doing with marijuana.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:51 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
Without being defensive (and i'm not middle-aged) - when you say you blew the government assistance/FAFSA what do you mean? Do you still qualify for financial aid? What year are you in school?

You can certainly apply for whichever university's interest you in the seattle area and get student loans. As long as the school tuition isn't too high you should be able to help subsidize your living expenses/housing with the loans. And since you're planning on continuing on to grad school payments are not required until you leave school (usually a 6 month def). But please keep in mind what those payments will eventually be and check the starting salaries for the field you are interested in. One thing to check out as well would be companies that offer tuition reimbursement- my company gave me 5k a year while i was working ft and going to school.

here's some info on the loans:
https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/

schools in seattle:
Colleges and Unviersitites - Virtual Tour - Visiting Seattle - Seattle.gov

best of luck

Old 09-19-2015, 12:36 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
I'll answer one question. Evidently there are jobs in the cannabis industry in Seattle.
Seattle Marijuana Jobs - Seattle Marijuana Jobs

Old 09-19-2015, 12:45 PM

54 posts, read 59,607 times
So how long before mods close this trollfest of a thread?

Old 09-19-2015, 12:51 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daily_mist View Post
So how long before mods close this trollfest of a thread?
is he a troll or just a confused 23 year old? You have to remember that not everyone is the same- i'm surprised daily at things i think everyone would know and you talk about it and you get the "huh?" expressions.

He really may just be a lost kid.. I'm not condoning his choices but especially if he identifies as a millennial that's certainly not the frame of mind on these forums. I'm 30 and don't identify with that crowd- but it's certainly a different culture.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:59 PM

54 posts, read 59,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
is he a troll or just a confused 23 year old? You have to remember that not everyone is the same- i'm surprised daily at things i think everyone would know and you talk about it and you get the "huh?" expressions.

He really may just be a lost kid.. I'm not condoning his choices but especially if he identifies as a millennial that's certainly not the frame of mind on these forums. I'm 30 and don't identify with that crowd- but it's certainly a different culture.
Check his posting history. That's a troll.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:50 PM

731 posts, read 935,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
Exactly, because this world doesn't recognize true geniuses, only people who work hard. So if you were trying to teach me a lesson, than mission accomplished but it STILL doesn't help out humanity, which is exactly what I intend on doing with marijuana.
Well, maybe you can get a job recognizing the world's true geniuses and handing out trophies.

For once you are right. How do you define genius? And if you can't do anything good with your intelligence, then what good is it? I wouldn't count spouting the positive attributes of weed use as a huge contribution to society or feeding yourself or your family.

"Check his posting history. That's a troll." LOL. Maybe, or maybe just stupid. Marijuana doesn't do great things for your brain cells, especially if you start using it young.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily_mist View Post
Check his posting history. That's a troll.
Lol Honestly I'd probably say I'm half and half, because while I love pissing people off on the Internet, to some extent I am right about the things I say and do believe in them to SOME extent BUT I know and understand that this way of thinking is unproductive and gets me nowhere but it doesn't hurt to try, does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: