Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 02:23 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily_mist View Post
Check his posting history. That's a troll.
i did.. i guess i just don't understand why someone would want to troll and waste people's time.. trying to see the best..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 05:05 PM

233 posts, read 250,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You are categorizing Seattle completely incorrectly. I'm liberal and his post is ridiculous. He already blew government assistance. He already blew attending college. He has found NO job? Nothing? He says pot is a very important part of his life, and he needs to stay "medicated". Does he have cancer? Because Boston has solid health coverage and great doctors. If he does not, then "medicated" sounds like he just likes to be high. We legalized marijuana but that does not mean you don't work, it does not mean you blow government funding to go to school, it does not mean you blow your grades and it does not mean you then, after screwing everything up (and it appears to be everything), you then say the government needs to fix it because you really like pot. That's just stupid.

He says he wants a Biology degree. Has he shown any indication that is ever going to happen considering his track record? I could say I want to be Superman - it doesn't mean anything.

To say he wants to come to Seattle, a very expensive city, after he's screwed up all the assistance he's received as well as his education, is plainly ridiculous and likely just someone posting nonsense. Better to look for a small inexpensive town somewhere that is warm year round so he won't mind sleeping outside. I'm all for assisting someone as long as that assistance is used effectively. He's shown no ability to do that, no ability to pay a student loan and no track record to actually complete a degree of any sort.
From this conservative.....I applaud your post! Well said.

Are you SURE you are a liberal???

Old 09-19-2015, 06:10 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenus View Post

Just because one is liberal doesn't mean they don't think an individual ought to be accountable and responsible... quite the opposite! I certainly lean left (but not far left) but I don't believe in generalized concepts like "government handouts" and "welfare queens". If a single mom is doing what she can with her minimal wage job(s) to make ends meet I'm in favor of ensuring her kids at least get adequate nutrition like fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy proteins... but some dude who's only goal in life is to have adequate marijuana and doesn't shoulder the responsibility of young dependants???

No.

Stop generalizing liberals.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 PM

233 posts, read 250,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Just because one is liberal doesn't mean they don't think an individual ought to be accountable and responsible... quite the opposite! I certainly lean left (but not far left) but I don't believe in generalized concepts like "government handouts" and "welfare queens". If a single mom is doing what she can with her minimal wage job(s) to make ends meet I'm in favor of ensuring her kids at least get adequate nutrition like fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy proteins... but some dude who's only goal in life is to have adequate marijuana and doesn't shoulder the responsibility of young dependants???

No.

Yep...liberals certainly don't generalize about conservatives being racist, want to poison and pollute the earth, are religious zealots, and think that we all idolize Rush Limbaugh.

Tried to give you a compliment and you unceremoniously admonish me??

Well then....poo-poo on you!

Last edited by Plenus; 09-19-2015 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Yep...liberals certainly don't generalize about conservatives being racist, want to poison and pollute the earth, are religious zealots, and think that we all idolize Rush Limbaugh.

Tried to give you a compliment and you unceremoniously admonish me??

Well then....poo-poo on you!
Sure, fair enough.... that's why I say I lean left, but don't embrace the label. Some people can only think in binary: good vs bad, left vs right, apple vs orange.. you get the point....

Did you ever see Merchants of Doubt? It's about climate change... the absolute BEST part of the documentary is that it closes with a words of a Conservative from one of the Carolinas... if I had been in his district I would have voted for him!

Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:

Very sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

No.

Well said. And I have no problem with the word liberal.

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

― John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

Last edited by Seacove; 09-19-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Old 09-20-2015, 08:52 AM

210 posts, read 305,437 times
Since when did my cry for help turn into a political outcry?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
This is such a goofy thread. Thanks for the laugh, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
"Cry for help"... How cute.

Of course help cannot be given to those who can't (or won't) help themselves. In all seriousness, people really shouldn't try to move cities if they're not going to do proper research.

But you should consider "researching" Portland. They're much less serious and less business-like than their Seattle brethren.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Oh we do this a lot.... apparently more often than other boards according to one moderator.

I think you could read into it though... if we took your situation seriously we would probably spend more time being serious with it, but encouraging a junkie to move clear across the country so he can get high on the government dime is pretty outrageous, if not appalling. A conservative reads this and wants to blame liberals for somehow enabling you to come here crying for help for you to get more weed and us that routinely vote for liberals are going "whoa, whoa, whoa.... don't include us in that blanket statement!"

So that's when your cry for marijuana help became political.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:51 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
Quote:
i actually gave you good advice and you didn't respond so i don't think you're really hurting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: