Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Whatever you do, don't join a yoga class. That will make you look like a pu**y and you will never find a relationship that way.. And, most Seattle women with the feminist ideals will either think you are a "pu**y" or a "Creep" and know that the yoga class is your means to try to "hook up" with them. Women do not like hooking up with guys in a female dominated environment. As nutty as it sounds, you are better off, fighting for that one girl you like in a bar, then fighting off a bunch of feminists in an all female group scenario. A single woman surrounded by a bunch of guys in a bar is obviously there because she is two things: (A) A tomboy who wants to be one of the guys or (B) A girl who is looking to meet a guy. Don't be scared of competition, but embrace it.
The correct answer is: Take a cooking class.

It accomplishes quite a few things. First, usually the sausage/taco ratio is acceptable (wow, in this case the metaphor works) and it's a clear demonstration that you're making an attempt to rise above the primordial ooze. It's also a pretty non-threatening environment (well 'cept those 10" chef's knifes) and does promote a degree of interaction if you're huddled around the All-Clad together.

Worst case scenario is you'll walk away knowing you can feed yourself something more upscale than Purina Batchelor-Chow. Hell, you might finesse a "Come over and I'll fix you dinner" line in and it would be entirely appropriate.

Thank me later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 08:59 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Gross. Please stay away from my daughter, sleazeball.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:11 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
The correct answer is: Take a cooking class.

It accomplishes quite a few things. First, usually the sausage/taco ratio is acceptable (wow, in this case the metaphor works) and it's a clear demonstration that you're making an attempt to rise above the primordial ooze. It's also a pretty non-threatening environment (well 'cept those 10" chef's knifes) and does promote a degree of interaction if you're huddled around the All-Clad together.

Worst case scenario is you'll walk away knowing you can feed yourself something more upscale than Purina Batchelor-Chow. Hell, you might finesse a "Come over and I'll fix you dinner" line in and it would be entirely appropriate.

Thank me later...
The problem is that I can cook better than almost any woman I have met in these parts. Oh yes, I did attend a cooking school, more like chef school for a short time in the past. It was very educational and I picked up quite a bit. In a class of 100 people there was 2 women. The sausage to taco ratio was decent by Seattle standards Although, I lived in Portland at the time I attended that school.

Ah ok, maybe we need to make a distinction between culinary classes and cooking classes..

I'd kind of think that a conventional cooking class or homemaker class would attract a lot of married females. Some men are into hooking up with married ladies, it produces an element of adventure for some.

Sorry Take57, didn't mean to trample on what appears to be a decent attempt of generating constructive ideas for meeting females.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:36 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Sorry Take57, didn't mean to trample on what appears to be a decent attempt of generating constructive ideas for meeting females.
No worries. Just stay away from LovinDecatur's little princess...

Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Quote:
And, I was so close to proposing , my heart is shattered

Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Little Princess is already taken, anyway. I'm beyond grateful for that after reading this thread.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:05 AM

735 posts, read 871,497 times
I just want to know the over/under of which of you weirdos are going to go full Elliot Rodgers or Oregon shooter.

Just do us a favor, after you write your manifesto, blaming everyone else for your life of woes, give us a heads up, maybe we can prevent the next tragedy.

I have lived all over the US and the number one complaint you always hear is guys wanting to find hot young girls. Yes, even in Boston, aka college girl Mecca. The not so strange thing, all my friends eventually find hot awesome girls, again, yes even in Seattle. Why, because they are great dudes and not weird creeps.

It's not Seattle, it's not feminism, it's not-insert whatever other excuse you guys use-, it's you. You're the source of your problems. Fix yourself, stop blaming others for your problems, take some damn responsibility.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 AM

54 posts, read 59,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
I just want to know the over/under of which of you weirdos are going to go full Elliot Rodgers or Oregon shooter.

Just do us a favor, after you write your manifesto, blaming everyone else for your life of woes, give us a heads up, maybe we can prevent the next tragedy.

I have lived all over the US and the number one complaint you always hear is guys wanting to find hot young girls. Yes, even in Boston, aka college girl Mecca. The not so strange thing, all my friends eventually find hot awesome girls, again, yes even in Seattle. Why, because they are great dudes and not weird creeps.

It's not Seattle, it's not feminism, it's not-insert whatever other excuse you guys use-, it's you. You're the source of your problems. Fix yourself, stop blaming others for your problems, take some damn responsibility.
So, in your world, demographics are meaningless? What if we went to a further extreme - what if this was a North Dakota oil boom town, with 10:1 men to women ratios. Would you be saying the exact same thing?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:58 AM

735 posts, read 871,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daily_mist View Post
So, in your world, demographics are meaningless? What if we went to a further extreme - what if this was a North Dakota oil boom town, with 10:1 men to women ratios. Would you be saying the exact same thing?
Are you saying that Seattle, or if we are going to be honest about the real situation, the Seattle area has demographics anywhere near that?

Fine, let me amend my post.

There are places I have spent time in that you can blame the lack of available women, Alaska and the Middle East springs to mind. Seattle is not in that category.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,781 times
it depends on the cooking school. for hobbyists, cooking school is mostly couples. for culinary school it's mostly people on their own but there are a lot of men (if you go to most kitchens at restaurants, it's a lot of men in there).

so no on cooking school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area