Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Russell View Post
We are having to reluctantly move back home to WA. (actually we still have several homes there) I told my wife that if we do move back to WA will have ZERO! social life as we did when we also live in Pot-land.

Reasons are, and I have read tons of blogs and forums is if you didn't go through kindergarten through high school with them, they won't ever trust you nor have anything to do with you.
I can almost here the banjo's playing. lol

The other is there is a huge ghey population in Pot-land and Puget Sound area.
They mingle among themselves and that's it. I'm not ghey nor do I have any animosity against what goes on in someones bedroom just to clear the air. I really just don't care.
Besides, my trophy wife is into girls so it would be hard for me to condemn/judge anyone else.

The area reeks of introverted, well educated, blatantly anti social types that have really never developed any sort of social skills nor do they care too. Also most there don't have the potential of becoming a criminal which is good also.

The other is, and I'll try and be as diplomatic as I can, The wife and I have conflicting diets from most locals there if you know what I'm saying. Beer and Pizza is not actually food BTW. <eyes rolling>
I have heard every story in the book about why they look like the way they do.
We used to have a Canadian group come visit us en-mass and stay with us for a week or so.
They cornered me one night and asked me quietly "why is everyone so fat here". I really didn't know what to say.

My agenda for coming back is cheap year around horse and cow hay and boating in the Sound.
There's nothing else there for me.
It's surely not a social mecca like San Diego, Phoenix or Dallas.

Also for the ones that say that they are just surviving because they have too many mouths to feed, they dug their grave so they can lay in it.
I don't even know the people you are describing in Seattle and I've been here for decades. Are you sure you have the right state? I've heard us described as elitist but nothing at all like what you're describing. And there is no "h or e" in gay so not sure why you spell it that way if you have no issue, it sounds like you're trying to be derogatory while denying it. Perhaps you could find cheap hay and boating in Idaho or Montana, they have lakes you know. It doesn't sound like this state is suited to you at all and no one is begging you to come here, we have more than enough moving here every day with cranes making the metro look like War of the Worlds.

Last edited by Seacove; 11-13-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Russell View Post
We are having to reluctantly move back home to WA. (actually we still have several homes there) I told my wife that if we do move back to WA will have ZERO! social life as we did when we also live in Pot-land.

Reasons are, and I have read tons of blogs and forums is if you didn't go through kindergarten through high school with them, they won't ever trust you nor have anything to do with you.
I can almost here the banjo's playing. lol

The other is there is a huge ghey population in Pot-land and Puget Sound area.
They mingle among themselves and that's it. I'm not ghey nor do I have any animosity against what goes on in someones bedroom just to clear the air. I really just don't care.
Besides, my trophy wife is into girls so it would be hard for me to condemn/judge anyone else.

The area reeks of introverted, well educated, blatantly anti social types that have really never developed any sort of social skills nor do they care too. Also most there don't have the potential of becoming a criminal which is good also.

The other is, and I'll try and be as diplomatic as I can, The wife and I have conflicting diets from most locals there if you know what I'm saying. Beer and Pizza is not actually food BTW. <eyes rolling>
I have heard every story in the book about why they look like the way they do.
We used to have a Canadian group come visit us en-mass and stay with us for a week or so.
They cornered me one night and asked me quietly "why is everyone so fat here". I really didn't know what to say.

My agenda for coming back is cheap year around horse and cow hay and boating in the Sound.
There's nothing else there for me.
It's surely not a social mecca like San Diego, Phoenix or Dallas.

Also for the ones that say that they are just surviving because they have too many mouths to feed, they dug their grave so they can lay in it.
If you don't care about the gay population, why bring it up? There are no more of them in Seattle than in any other major city. So what's your point?

Seattle is listed on studies/surveys as being among the states who have the smallest percentage of overweight people in the US, so I don't know what you're talking about. It's all the hiking, boating and other healthy, active pursuits the region is known for. Apparently your circle is made up of couch potatoes. You could change that, if you sincerely wanted. I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and never met anyone like that. Good luck with your re-entry process. Sounds like you'll need it.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you don't care about the gay population, why bring it up? There are no more of them in Seattle than in any other major city. So what's your point?

Seattle is listed on studies/surveys as being among the states who have the smallest percentage of overweight people in the US, so I don't know what you're talking about. It's all the hiking, boating and other healthy, active pursuits the region is known for. Apparently your circle is made up of couch potatoes. You could change that, if you sincerely wanted. I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and never met anyone like that. Good luck with your re-entry process. Sounds like you'll need it.
He says moving back "reluctantly", then describes an area I do not know and I live here. Very odd and no one is asking him to be here, if it's a choice, he should choose somewhere else that likes and is familiar with. Previous posts say he was considering Alabama, which makes more sense.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:08 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,525,135 times
^^^You're a realtor, right? Then communication is your job. You had better be "friendly" if you want to make money.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseOne View Post
^^^You're a realtor, right? Then communication is your job. You had better be "friendly" if you want to make money.
Do you mean me? I'm not in real estate.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:47 AM

305 posts, read 449,904 times
Seacove selling anything? That's a laugh. "You think this car isn't perfect for you? Don't buy it then. Why did you even come here looking for a car? Why don't you stay with the crappy car you already have? I honestly don't understand why people like you come here looking for a car if you know you're not going to like it. You people make me sick. Stay off my lot."

Old 11-14-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Seacove selling anything? That's a laugh. "You think this car isn't perfect for you? Don't buy it then. Why did you even come here looking for a car? Why don't you stay with the crappy car you already have? I honestly don't understand why people like you come here looking for a car if you know you're not going to like it. You people make me sick. Stay off my lot."
lol! But he has a point....

Old 11-14-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
I read that and it sound fine.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:29 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,994 times
Cannot we all just get along??

Old 11-14-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Cannot we all just get along??
Is this a sarcastic post? Aren't you the one who has pages upon pages of rants on this sub-forum about anti-social Seattleites, and especially about Seattle women? And now you want to get along? Seriously??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area