Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 8,445,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sihatchyvtec View Post
Just because you write in the thread doesn't mean anyone will listen..
If you're intent on living in a "happening" Seattle area (Capitol Hill?) and work in Kent, then just say so. People here can tell you how you might do that, just don't expect them to tell you it won't be a tough commute, whether by car or transit. I already told you one way, in your original thread - light rail from the U District or Capitol Hill (starting in early 2016) to SeaTac, then bus from there to Kent. Would still take well more than an hour, from Capitol Hill. Driving won't likely get you there much quicker.

When you start three threads on basically the same topic, it means you are not happy with the answers you've been getting and are fishing for "better" ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 10:22 PM

184 posts, read 337,856 times
Just as a point of reference, I live in West Seattle and work in the north part of Kent. My daily commute is usually no more than 20 minutes each way.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:14 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,494,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
Just as a point of reference, I live in West Seattle and work in the north part of Kent. My daily commute is usually no more than 20 minutes each way.
If you're in West Seattle, you can cut through Tukwila and avoid the worst of traffic. There are several options to get around. But things get dicier when you go even a little further north.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:49 AM

5,035 posts, read 2,132,441 times
If you in Capital Hill and have a car, you can get to Kent rather easily.... Take 23rd ave south to cherry ( Or anywhere north of construction on 23rd.) than south on MLK/Empire Way and south on Raineir Ave, which turns into 167. I would stay off I-5 and I-405 period.

This route should take about one hour at peak traffic and about 45 mins in moderate traffic.

Coming from NYC, Kent isn't that bad... I use to live in Brooklyn back in the mid 90s and that was BAD!! Yes, there are some rough spots in Kent, but some OK spots as well... Basically towards the east hills. Kent will get worse in the next few years since Seattle is pricing a lot of individuals with "issues" out and they will either move north or south... IMHO, more to the south and towards Tacoma. Again, IMHO.

I know living in the Capital Hill area with a car is a serious pain, but I've found taking the local routes are quicker... More traffic lights, but if there is an accident, just take a side road around it and move on.... Can't do that on the freeways as easily. Also, what I like about driving is that I use that time to relax with music to work and relax to music after work.

Good luck!!

Old 10-13-2015, 06:03 PM

12 posts, read 17,644 times
Welp just from visiting this weekend and visiting apartments in capitol hill it wasn't too bad of a drive back and forth, maybe half hour, will depend on where I end up in capitol hill. I'll also pay 100 bucks or so a month for a parking spot to ease my pain, but yes I am set on Capitol Hill for the first year and will then move to a less hectic area to relax and save money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area