Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,566 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at moving to Seattle area in 2016.

I'm a pharmacy technician. I'm an early twenty something female. I plan on living alone. I do have two pets (cat&lab)

I'd like to know which neighborhoods are safer for me to be living alone and walking my dog at night safely. Also I own a car so parking is a consideration. What can I expect to pay in rent in these areas?

Im also single so dating scene is something to consider. Truthfully not a priority. Just want to get out there.
Is the Seattle freeze exaggerated?

Where is the biggest hospital with a good hiring rate
Fred Meyer grocery stores are also a consideration.

I'm sure I'll think of more questions.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 PM

288 posts, read 345,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison1993 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote:
I'm a pharmacy technician. I'm an early twenty something female. I plan on living alone. I do have two pets (cat&lab)
Nice, there's no shortage of sick people, especially with so many GMOs around.

Studies also show that people who have pets live longer on average, so kudos to you in that regard as well.

Quote:
I'd like to know which neighborhoods are safer for me to be living alone and walking my dog at night safely. Also I own a car so parking is a consideration.
Capital Hill and Bellevue.

Bothell and Mountlake Terrace are suburbs of Seattle and are also nice areas.

Parking is a bear.... I saw a sign bragging about a deal, $14.00 an hour.....

Quote:
What can I expect to pay in rent in these areas?
Too much.

Quote:
Im also single so dating scene is something to consider. Truthfully not a priority. Just want to get out there.
I've heard from a few women that it can be difficult if you're straight. Mainly because there are so many homosexual men here.

From a guy's perspective, the women here seem to have a lot of carnal desire but they don't seem to want anything serious if that makes any sense.

Quote:
Sorry, Google would be more helpful to you than I would be concerning this question.

Quote:

Thanks!
You're welcome.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,483,828 times
Quote:

I'd like to know which neighborhoods are safer for me to be living alone and walking my dog at night safely. Also I own a car so parking is a consideration. What can I expect to pay in rent in these areas?

Thanks!
For rent information, you'll want to look at this:

Rent Too High? Compare Seattle

Expect a 1 bedroom to be about $1000/mo, and it'll go north of that depending on how popular the neighborhood is that you want to live in.

Everyone has a different opinion about the Seattle freeze.

The University of Washington has the most largest and most comprehensive hospital network in this area. There are other hospitals like the Polyclinic and Swedish.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:35 PM

288 posts, read 345,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
For rent information, you'll want to look at this:

Rent Too High? Compare Seattle

Expect a 1 bedroom to be about $1000/mo, and it'll go north of that depending on how popular the neighborhood is that you want to live in.

Everyone has a different opinion about the Seattle freeze.

The University of Washington has the most largest and most comprehensive hospital network in this area. There are other hospitals like the Polyclinic and Swedish.
Anything in the 1k/month range is going to be missing something like a full kitchen/bath, have a shared communal kitchen/bath, or not have laundry on site or in unit.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,538,246 times
If you go to somewhere like South Everett there is Providence Hospital and plenty of pharmacies, also it is lower in rent. 6-700 for a 1 bedroom.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:48 PM

8,074 posts, read 8,380,298 times
Why Fred Meyer?

Old 10-13-2015, 05:08 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,483,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Why Fred Meyer?
If Madison1993 works for a grocery store under the Kroger chain, she could transfer directly to a Fred Meyer store.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:26 AM

7 posts, read 5,943 times
I am hoping to move to Seattle in 2016 as well....

Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
If Madison1993 works for a grocery store under the Kroger chain, she could transfer directly to a Fred Meyer store.
Exactly I do work for Kroger.

Thank you for all the info. What is the best site to look for rentals?
Also community gardens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area