Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 10:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,321 times

Advertisements

From Rainier Link Light Rail station to BroadWay and E Pine. St (seattle central college)

I want to take the bus route 49 to get to broadway and E Pine st (seattle central college)

I hop on the light rail, go to what station should i get off and get on the bus 49 to get to broadway and E Pine st (seattle central college). I'll include the light rail station pic. ALSO!! if you guys know a faster route to get there, please include!

Link light rail | Sound Transit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 11:26 PM

176 posts, read 300,934 times
Right now the Capitol Hill light rail station is still under construction (estimated to be done in 2016) so there would be no point in getting onto the light rail because you'd have to switch buses in Downtown.

You didn't specify a time or day, so i'm going to assume you're traveling in the morning commute time. Going by what Google Maps tells me (and this how I do all of my routing) you are best to take either the 9 or 8 towards Broadway, although the 9 is more of a direct route so it's faster that way. You're looking at about a 40min trip in the morning around 8am. Hope that helps.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike62pp3 View Post
Right now the Capitol Hill light rail station is still under construction (estimated to be done in 2016) so there would be no point in getting onto the light rail because you'd have to switch buses in Downtown.

You didn't specify a time or day, so i'm going to assume you're traveling in the morning commute time. Going by what Google Maps tells me (and this how I do all of my routing) you are best to take either the 9 or 8 towards Broadway, although the 9 is more of a direct route so it's faster that way. You're looking at about a 40min trip in the morning around 8am. Hope that helps.

I'm thinking taking the light rail then transfer to bus would be faster. So if you know what light rail station i should get off then transfer, that would be great!

Old 10-17-2015, 11:38 PM

176 posts, read 300,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplya10 View Post
I'm thinking taking the light rail then transfer to bus would be faster. So if you know what light rail station i should get off then transfer, that would be great!
Like I said, that fastest route there is by getting on the 9 as it's a direct route to Capitol Hill. Getting on the light rail station will add time to your commute because you will have to transfer in Westlake Center. Take a look at the link I pointed you to and you can see your options.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:59 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,495,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplya10 View Post
From Rainier Link Light Rail station to BroadWay and E Pine. St (seattle central college)

I want to take the bus route 49 to get to broadway and E Pine st (seattle central college)

I hop on the light rail, go to what station should i get off and get on the bus 49 to get to broadway and E Pine st (seattle central college). I'll include the light rail station pic. ALSO!! if you guys know a faster route to get there, please include!

Link light rail | Sound Transit
There is no one singular answer to this question. Answering this question would more or less require one to know a day and/or time that one is leaving the house.

My advice? If you insist on using the light rail, then which bus you take and which station you get off at technically depends on (a) what time of the day you are traveling, and (b) is the bus you are trying to get on running early, late, or on time? You may be best served by downloading the OneBusAway app onto your phone and using it to figure out if the Link Light Rail is running ahead or behind of the bus you are trying to catch.

Another thing to note is that any bus you would try to catch to get up to Seattle Central is never more than 2 blocks away from a bus stop, so technically you could stop at any of the stations as long as you knew how much time you had to catch the intervening bus.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:13 AM
fnh

2,886 posts, read 3,937,648 times
In my experience, coming from the south toward Capitol Hill/Central District it is faster to exit the Link at Mt. Baker Station and catch a bus heading north, instead of exiting the Link downtown and catching a bus heading east. The 9 will take you directly to Seattle Central from the Mt. Baker TC, or from Rainier Beach station for that matter. You *may* be able to shave off some time by taking the Link to Mt. Baker first before catching the 9 but only if timed just right and you will have to cross the street to transfer. From Mt. Baker you can also catch the 8 but it would take longer than the 9.

Personally I would just take the 9 from Rainier Beach, it's a direct bus.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:23 PM

8,091 posts, read 8,451,143 times
Otherwise, just take light rail to the Westlake Station and transfer to the #49 or #10 at 4th & Pine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: