Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 05:42 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times

Advertisements

Wow, what a disappointing season so far. It is not simply the fact that the Hawks are now 2-4, it is the way they got there. Basically not finishing, or to be less polite, "choking" in the 4th quarter. Believe me, I'm not a fairweather fan, I have been rooting for them since 1976 as a teen. But blowing these leads time and time again is extremely frustrating for me, and for most Hawks fans. I will hope for the best, but this looks to be at best an 8-8 season, and at worst a losing season after two Super Bowl appearances. And despite a clever call in the 3rd with a toss back to Wilson for a long TD, I don't like what I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 05:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,965 times
Seahawks were the 4th Qtr comeback kids, now they're the give it away at the end kids LOL

Old 10-18-2015, 06:41 PM

For once, Calisonn we agree. Now, go and look for that culture in Seattle, because it exists.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:00 AM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
All these Seahawks "fans" are just hilarious. Quitting on their team and calling for their coaches heads already. More proof that ya'll are a bunch of bandwagoners who didn't exist before 2012.

Seattle's losses have all come from good teams, 3 of which were on the road. The schedule gets easier now and while I'm not guaranteeing anything, I think they still have a solid shot at the 6th seed. One WC will come from the NFC South and the other will be either Seattle or Minnesota. I don't think the latter has enough toughness or consistency to pull it off.

In reality Seattle should be 1-5. That blunder ref non-call on MNF saved their entire season. It's just unfair to every other team in the NFC. If Seattle does make the Playoffs it will be because of that non-call. I'm tired of the refs bailing out Seattle all the time.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:30 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfanboy View Post
All these Seahawks "fans" are just hilarious. Quitting on their team and calling for their coaches heads already. More proof that ya'll are a bunch of bandwagoners who didn't exist before 2012.

Seattle's losses have all come from good teams, 3 of which were on the road. The schedule gets easier now and while I'm not guaranteeing anything, I think they still have a solid shot at the 6th seed. One WC will come from the NFC South and the other will be either Seattle or Minnesota. I don't think the latter has enough toughness or consistency to pull it off.

In reality Seattle should be 1-5. That blunder ref non-call on MNF saved their entire season. It's just unfair to every other team in the NFC. If Seattle does make the Playoffs it will be because of that non-call. I'm tired of the refs bailing out Seattle all the time.
While it is true that 3 of their losses were to so far undefeated teams, they are supposed to be in the same caliber. Losing to good teams makes you a mediocre team.

That said, the Seahawks did not have a good start last year either. All they need to do now is to stop losing to good teams.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:23 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,462,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfanboy View Post

No guarantee we would have lost the detroit game. Plus all kj needed to do was grab the ball at jog out of the end zone.

Last edited by DevanXL; 10-19-2015 at 01:41 PM..

Old 10-19-2015, 01:30 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
What a joke - whining about the DET game non-call? I am so sure. The Seahawk's are the best 2-4 team in the NFL and they have had a very tough schedule. How's this for Seahawk bashers: maybe the non-call at the end of the DET game is continued good karma for the fallacy that was Super Bowl 40 on Feb.5, 2006 vs. PIT. 21-12 Steelers and the refs gave Rothelschild a TD when the nose of the football was a good 9" away from the goal line? Ben himself told Letterman on Late Night he wasn't in the end zone!

What a bunch of dorks NFL fans are. How quickly they forget when their teams are handed Super Bowls even on silver platters. The Seattle Seahawks have earned everything they have achieved fair and square and I am still bullish on the Hawk's future.

Hella Bullish.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:20 PM

Bottom line is that less than 10% of teams at 2-4 make the playoffs. What gets me is that most Seattle fans (12's), think this is a minor bump, and the team will run the table to be 12-4. Nonsense. This team will be lucky to have a winning record this year, the way they are playing. I am optimistic and always root for the hometeam, but if they even make the playoffs this year will be miraculous. I hope they prove me wrong.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:12 PM

176 posts, read 299,440 times
I'm with you on this, and here are the main issues.

OFFENSE
The OL is completely terrible, losing Unger has definitely caused the OL to downgrade. Everyone on the OL was a defensive lineman in college and have been converted into OL, that's not working. This causes Russell to rush and move to avoid being sacked (for which we are leading the NFL in most sacks allowed). We can't seem to protect against a 3 man rush on 5 lineman. To add to this, the play calling hasn't been great as our Q4 possessions are mostly punts with no 1st downs. And because the offense can't get it going and get 1st downs, the defense has to stay on the field longer and are exhausted by Q4, which is where they've been losing all of the games. Everyone saw the stat where we get outscored in Q4 every time.

DEFENSE
We're playing with a new DC, Richards, who is having a hard time getting the rhythm going for the defense. You see a lot of zone and prevent coverage that is causing a lot of miscommunication (take a look at the winning TD by the panthers) and players aren't able to execute. Players are staying on the field longer because we don't have good enough players to rotate in like last year, and the offense isn't able to score or get 1st downs in Q4, which causes the defense to be gassed. I do believe that Chancellor's 2 game holdout affected the mentality and tone of the defense, but it' not to be blamed for their current situation.

In general, I feel like the Seahawks don't have the "hunger" in them like the did the last two years. They are no longer the underdogs, the pedestrians, everyone has gotten paid. The mentality feels off, they are not themselves, everyone is wondering what happened to the team that had dominated the past two years. Granted, we were very lucky to win a lot of games last year, some argue we're the same team as last year but with no luck. What worries me is that the coaches and players have not admitted that they are in a terrible spot and change needs to happen. Listen to Carroll's post-game interviews, nothing seems to change during practice.

With all that being said, I am hopeful that we can change things around. We are now fighting for a wildcard spot and will be very lucky if we end up 8-8. We still have a lot of tough matchups coming up (Cowboys, Cardinals 2x, Steelers, Rams) but I do think they can change things. My biggest concern is the Coaches, they don't appear concerned at all. I get you're trying to stay positive for your team, but you have to admit you are not playing well at all and instill hunger and turn the negative into a positive. We'll see this Thursday, never thought we'd have the same record as the 49ers when they've lost nearly their entire team and coaching staff while we stay the same.

</rant>

Old 10-19-2015, 09:14 PM

176 posts, read 299,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Bottom line is that less than 10% of teams at 2-4 make the playoffs. What gets me is that most Seattle fans (12's), think this is a minor bump, and the team will run the table to be 12-4. Nonsense. This team will be lucky to have a winning record this year, the way they are playing. I am optimistic and always root for the hometeam, but if they even make the playoffs this year will be miraculous. I hope they prove me wrong.
And to illustrate the odds you just mentioned:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area