Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-20-2019, 06:44 PM
 
2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
Reputation: 3350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Try delicious Green Leaf, guitarist, "provincial Vietnamese": Green Leaf Vietnamese Restaurant | Seattle, WA - Chinatown, Belltown. For cheap and authentic, go to the little hole in the walls near the Othello Light Rail in S. Beacon Hill. That's becoming the "real" Little Vietnam. Pho, if done properly, can be very complex and tasty. My wifey, daughter and I took a cooking class in Hanoi and learned to make it. Star anise, cinnamon, cloves, radish, onions, peppercorns, ginger. Another dish, the Vietnamese crepe, really shows the French colonial influence, as do the simple but tasty Bahn Mi sandwiches. The real authentic ones are made with a little pate'. So man, truly. Go down to Othello area, cheap and tasty. Here's a good link: https://www.thestranger.com/food-and...t-rail-station

Another option, make Pho at home. The ingredients are affordable, it's actually fun to do.
I can bare it...but just not a fan of soup...unless its moms homemade chicken soup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2019, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Seattle
8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I can bare it...but just not a fan of soup...unless its moms homemade chicken soup.

For you, guitarist, give it a shot : https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228443/authentic-pho/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 10:11 AM
 
365 posts, read 258,020 times
Reputation: 882
The truly great Seattle Area restaurants are in the many small strip malls where rents are lower and new chefs can cook the food how they want. The reality is that fancy, schmancy restaurants are high expense businesses and the talented young folks can't afford the cost of setting up the buisness. But, they can rent a small storefront property in a strip mall off the beaten path, and set up a good restaurant.

IMHO, the best restaurants in Seattle are in places like Bellevue, Redmond and even Duval where rents are low and new talent can afford to start a business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Seattle
8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post
The truly great Seattle Area restaurants are in the many small strip malls where rents are lower and new chefs can cook the food how they want. The reality is that fancy, schmancy restaurants are high expense businesses and the talented young folks can't afford the cost of setting up the buisness. But, they can rent a small storefront property in a strip mall off the beaten path, and set up a good restaurant.

IMHO, the best restaurants in Seattle are in places like Bellevue, Redmond and even Duval where rents are low and new talent can afford to start a business.
Rombus, spot on! Most of my suggestions in this thread (and indeed many of my favorite places) are exactly that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Seattle
8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Reputation: 5986
Not a restaurant but just ordered delicious Georgian (as in Caucasus) food from this guy in Seattle. I've had most foods on earth but not this, a revelation. Link to his website: Home

Here's from his site: "Hello, my name is Chako! I’m from the Country of Georgia! A little bit about my country – Georgia lies at the intersection of Europe and Asia and is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is picturesque with its diverse architecture and the maze-like cobblestone streets of its Old Town. Georgia is especially well known for its legendary hospitality and delicious cuisine.

Now a little bit about me - Food and cooking have been always my passion. I grew up in a loving and fun and very musical family where the food preparation always has been an art - interesting, delicious and important. My mom won a cooking contest in Georgia in 2001 and was featured on national TV and in newspapers. I believe that I inherited this culinary talent from my mom. I always loved to cook for my family, for my friends and especially for guests. In more than two decades I cooked so many types of dishes for so many people that I passed the test of time with hundreds of satiated dinner guests!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 11:49 PM
 
Location: The Emerald City
1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Not a restaurant but just ordered delicious Georgian (as in Caucasus) food from this guy in Seattle. I've had most foods on earth but not this, a revelation. Link to his website: Home

Here's from his site: "Hello, my name is Chako! I’m from the Country of Georgia! A little bit about my country – Georgia lies at the intersection of Europe and Asia and is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is picturesque with its diverse architecture and the maze-like cobblestone streets of its Old Town. Georgia is especially well known for its legendary hospitality and delicious cuisine.

Now a little bit about me - Food and cooking have been always my passion. I grew up in a loving and fun and very musical family where the food preparation always has been an art - interesting, delicious and important. My mom won a cooking contest in Georgia in 2001 and was featured on national TV and in newspapers. I believe that I inherited this culinary talent from my mom. I always loved to cook for my family, for my friends and especially for guests. In more than two decades I cooked so many types of dishes for so many people that I passed the test of time with hundreds of satiated dinner guests!
That sounds interesting. Don't forget to follow up with a review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Seattle
8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
That sounds interesting. Don't forget to follow up with a review.
It was delicious, a revelation, actually. The guy is a real character, too and delivers right to your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 02:59 PM
 
9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Not a restaurant but just ordered delicious Georgian (as in Caucasus) food from this guy in Seattle. I've had most foods on earth but not this, a revelation. Link to his website: Home

Here's from his site: "Hello, my name is Chako! I’m from the Country of Georgia! A little bit about my country – Georgia lies at the intersection of Europe and Asia and is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is picturesque with its diverse architecture and the maze-like cobblestone streets of its Old Town. Georgia is especially well known for its legendary hospitality and delicious cuisine.

Now a little bit about me - Food and cooking have been always my passion. I grew up in a loving and fun and very musical family where the food preparation always has been an art - interesting, delicious and important. My mom won a cooking contest in Georgia in 2001 and was featured on national TV and in newspapers. I believe that I inherited this culinary talent from my mom. I always loved to cook for my family, for my friends and especially for guests. In more than two decades I cooked so many types of dishes for so many people that I passed the test of time with hundreds of satiated dinner guests!
Did you get the Khachapuri? It's wonderful stuff. I've not had it locally, but now there are at least two sources in town, your man Chako here, and the Dacha Diner on Capitol Hill. We should do a Khachapuri off and compare them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2019, 04:55 PM
 
Location: OC
12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Reputation: 10599
Long thread that I plan on reading. For now, can someone help me out with Bellevue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Seattle
8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Long thread that I plan on reading. For now, can someone help me out with Bellevue?

Facing East (just north of Bel Square) is very good: https://www.facingeastbellevue.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top