Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:58 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times

Advertisements

Vancouver BC is where the models are at every few blocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 11:19 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Seattle women, in general, are terrified of men.. If you are a not a skinny, wimpy, girlie looking hipster guy, most women will assume you are planning on raping them and defiling their honor. Women in Seattle are also afraid of men thinking of them as sex objects and go out of their way to look as "unsexy" as they possibly can and tend to dress up very masculine and exhibit male like behavioral patterns when interacting with men..
This is such crapola! I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and never knew or saw any women like this. Women in modern times wear jeans or shorts when they're not at work. If this is what you characterize as "going out of their way to look as 'unsexy' as they possibly can", you need to realize it's not the 50's anymore. Oh, and btw, in the 50's, teens and women college students wore jeans and shorts, too. Maybe you're describing something more extreme? Maybe you hang around Capitol Hill a lot? I can't figure out where you're getting this. And jeans can be very attractive and sexy, so I'm guessing you're talking about something else entirely.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotPikachu View Post
treuphax- The region in general is reserved; it's not normal to say hi to strangers, wave to them, etc. If a someone said hi to me just because I walked past them then I'd be side-eyeing them too, to be honest. What do they want from me? Are they trying to sell me something? Are they about to ask me if I've found Jesus? IGNORE, WALK FASTER.
This pretty well sums up the difference between Seattle and California. This is why there's so much talk about a "freeze". Though, the women I knew in Seattle weren't like this. I don't know about out on a wilderness trail (I didn't know any women who would go hiking alone, anyway), but passing on the sidewalk, they'd respond to polite greetings on the rare occasion anyone offered that. But then, I spent most of my time around the U District and other parts of the North End, and downtown. I'm getting the impression people view women in those areas as somehow different and apart from what's considered to be Seattle culture.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:15 PM

48 posts, read 57,760 times
Perhaps try rowing? I see LWRC has a spring session and bucks the rain trend. Check out the happy guy in the "Learn to row at LWRC" section towards the bottom of the page, hahaha.

Lake Washington Rowing Club

Also, try the sailing clubs. Sailing has an element of romance and a lot of my young, smart, beautiful (natives included) IT coworkers participate in these types of social activities. When I was young and single, I dated a handsome IT guy who owned a boat and lived in a condo in Kirkland on the water. His setup was ideal for attracting women.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedarling View Post
Perhaps try rowing? I see LWRC has a spring session and bucks the rain trend. Check out the happy guy in the "Learn to row at LWRC" section towards the bottom of the page, hahaha.

Lake Washington Rowing Club

Also, try the sailing clubs. Sailing has an element of romance and a lot of my young, smart, beautiful (natives included) IT coworkers participate in these types of social activities. When I was young and single, I dated a handsome IT guy who owned a boat and lived in a condo in Kirkland on the water. His setup was ideal for attracting women.
Yes, the OP seems fairly focused on bars instead of where the action really is: the different types of boating clubs and the hiking groups. Sailing, rowing, canoeing, kayaking, are all popular.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:53 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Sailing, canoeing, mountain climbing, skydiving, etc..

All this just to go on a date

Best bet is to go up to women you see around town and start making conversation with them and proceed to get their number.. Don't waste time breaking your back doing any of these rigorous activities if all you want to do is get a date, get laid, etc ... You should engage in those activities because you love them and if you meet a woman doing that, then fine. However, if your specific goal is meeting a woman, then go out and meet women. Ironically, when I go hiking I actually would have people, sexy women included (usually when in groups, rarely when solo), try to make conservation with me and I utterly do not want to talk to them while I am lugging my 40lb backpack up a 3000 ft trail.

You will get an icy cold reception by women in Seattle, but that is just how Seattle people are, in general. However, certain neighborhoods are nicer than others. I like Greenwood, Ravenna, Lake City and University District. Places like Capitol Hill, Belltown (to an extent), Green Lake, Queen Anne are much more pretentious and people are much colder in those areas. Fremont seems to attract the rager element of town and seems to be as close to a frat party scene as you would get in Seattle. I don't spend a lot of time in Fremont or Wallingford, but think it could be a mix bag of the newer elite, with the new construction in the area , and some of the more down to earth, run of the mill, working class people.

I will just warn people here to avoid women on the Eastside entirely if you don't have a big paycheck. The Eastside is as snobby and pretentious as it comes. Kirkland, Issaquah and Bellevue have become the Southern/Northern California of the Puget Sound. All the big shot yuppies in their BMW or Mercedes SUVs and spoiled soccer moms, bored out of their mind, blowing loads of money on the overpriced boutiques and other luxury stores around town.

Not saying Kirkland, Bellvue, or Issaquah are entirely bad, as there are some middle class elements moving there with the construction of more apartments, but the apartments are so expensive they don't cater to your average working class, but rather to the upper tier IT and other higher income earners in the area.

Hanging out in Kirkland, Issaquah, Bothell, Bellevue, etc is utterly boring now..

Great place to raise a family, have kids and keep your wife, kids safe in the suburbs away from all the "grittiness" of the world.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 12-12-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2015, 03:56 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
Rainier Beach, MLK, White Center, South Park- you will meet many presentable well traveled women there.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:11 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Rainier Beach, MLK, White Center, South Park- you will meet many presentable well traveled women there.
You might also want to include Georgetown in there.. Lot of grittier and tatted up ladies there that don't mind getting their hands dirty The kind of ladies you can throw a few beers back with.. People in Georgetown area remind me more of Portland people. Still attractive and some more native stock, voluptuous, Scandinavian mixed in with some of the South Sounder element. Kind of like where Tacoma meets Seattle. You just have to see past the tattoos and piercings.. Although, not all of them are that decorated, some are just average working class Janes. It makes for an interesting demographic of people.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:09 PM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Seattle women, in general, are terrified of men.. If you are a not a skinny, wimpy, girlie looking hipster guy, most women will assume you are planning on raping them and defiling their honor. Women in Seattle are also afraid of men thinking of them as sex objects and go out of their way to look as "unsexy" as they possibly can and tend to dress up very masculine and exhibit male like behavioral patterns when interacting with men. This is a defense mechanism and triggered by societal feminist programming coupled with a strong anti-**** defense reaction mechanism. I cannot hold it against them entirely, as I can see the behavioral patterns are heavily influenced by their peers and upbringing. In fact, instead of holding this against them, I just accept it and try to accept the playing field for what it is. Men in Seattle can be just as nasty though in their own ways.

I find an icy reception from both men and women in Seattle when waving, smiling or saying hello. Ironically, this issue of being cold and distant is not confined to just the women here, so I am not going to go on bashing women. There are cities that are liberal, so-called "progressive" , feministic , etc that are still more outgoing, friendly and hospitable than Seattle.
Like where? What are these cities? I'm not questioning what you are saying, I actually agree, and I'm curious to know which other cities that are feministic and have friendlier people in Seattle.

And I do agree with you that there is special level of "fear" that exists among women here, and I think with people in general. There is a hesitance to get closer with people. They aren't as trusting, whereas I found that people in DC (my second hometown) will invite you to dinner at their house after having a half-hour conversation with you. I've seen this happen.

In the months I've been here, I've probably gotten over 15 phone numbers, (only some were girls) and not 1 of them has hit me up again to make a plan, although they say they would at the time I got their numbers. But then again, I don't really reach out to any of these people either, so it's my own fault as well. The difference between me and most other transplants is that I really don't care about the coldness or "freeze", lol. I really don't care that much, as I've found that doing things alone is enjoyable and along the way, I just talk to anyone I can and so far people have been very receptive to me. I enjoy sparking up random conversations with people at bars and nightclubs. I never meet up with them a second time, but whatever.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Like where? What are these cities? I'm not questioning what you are saying, I actually agree, and I'm curious to know which other cities that are feministic and have friendlier people in Seattle.
The SF Bay Area, and parts of Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area