Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 09:47 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times

Advertisements

Ballard Pizza reminds me of Mike's Pizza on boardwalk in Belmar back in the day (sadly no longer). Not awesome but after a night out pretty darn good. I haven't found great NY/NJ style pizza here. I do like Flying Squirrel Pizza...its not NY but it is very very good PNW style whatever that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
Ballard Pizza reminds me of Mike's Pizza on boardwalk in Belmar back in the day (sadly no longer). Not awesome but after a night out pretty darn good. I haven't found great NY/NJ style pizza here. I do like Flying Squirrel Pizza...its not NY but it is very very good PNW style whatever that is.
Belmar? My own stomping ground in the Garden State? My fav there was Marrucci's on the boardwalk at Seaside. So good.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:55 PM

[quote=Ira500;46055586]Belmar? My own stomping ground in the Garden State? My fav there was Marrucci's on the boardwalk at Seaside. So good.[/QUOTE

Mikes was a stop/stroll after DJs.

Love VICs in Bradley Beach. I've been going there for 50 years (and I'm 50). Squan Tavern in Mansquan has best pepperoni pizza.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 AM

415 posts, read 490,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
I second Italian Family Pizza. Traditional Fired baked Pie
Italian Family Pizza is ny now one of my select few favorite things in Seattle.
I grew up in Northern New Jersey and it's a delightful familiar taste from my youth.

It ain't snooty or posh... The folks who work there are genuine and warm. As "fine" as Bar del Corso is, which is quite near my home, I find the down to earth charm and the hearty feel of Italian Family just more satisfying.

I'm in love with their product; I've been three times in the past week.
I'm going to have to budget some bigger pants.

Some might say it's not "quite" precisely "New York Style." From what I remember growing up in Jersey, every pizzeria had its strong points and specific unique charms and profile, like women, beautiful, unique and enjoyable in their own special ways. Italian Family's crust is very nice. They're obviously using high grade semolina flour for that wonderful crispy chewy toothy "New Yorker" texture. I really enjoy Proletariat and getting down to that unincorporated outlaw village outside Seattle city limits, but in my opinion they might not be using the same kind of hard wheat flour and as a result the crust is much fluffier and lighter than New York standard. Italian Family also has a fine sauce with well-balanced tomato, spice and floral olive oil components. It's quite an enough to make even the plain pie an savory delight. I didn't get any toppings though. In my opinion a plain pizza is the hardest challenge to pull off. It forces the pizzeria to master crust and sauce without any toppings jazz to camouflage deficiencies in these basic skills. With toppings the big challenge is to manage the baking process and moisture from them that the pizza as a whole stays balanced.

BTW they've moved up to first hill, corner of Boren & Madison.

My modest proposal would be for some of us to meet up there and share some cheesy and tomatoey goodness with some fun laughs and good company.

Here are some Seattle Times reviews.
6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza | The Seattle Times

Old 11-05-2016, 12:12 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,909,921 times
Italian Family Pizza is SO. GOOD.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:25 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Italian Family Pizza is ny now one of my select few favorite things in Seattle.
I grew up in Northern New Jersey and it's a delightful familiar taste from my youth.

It ain't snooty or posh... The folks who work there are genuine and warm. As "fine" as Bar del Corso is, which is quite near my home, I find the down to earth charm and the hearty feel of Italian Family just more satisfying.

I'm in love with their product; I've been three times in the past week.
I'm going to have to budget some bigger pants.

Some might say it's not "quite" precisely "New York Style." From what I remember growing up in Jersey, every pizzeria had its strong points and specific unique charms and profile, like women, beautiful, unique and enjoyable in their own special ways. Italian Family's crust is very nice. They're obviously using high grade semolina flour for that wonderful crispy chewy toothy "New Yorker" texture. I really enjoy Proletariat and getting down to that unincorporated outlaw village outside Seattle city limits, but in my opinion they might not be using the same kind of hard wheat flour and as a result the crust is much fluffier and lighter than New York standard. Italian Family also has a fine sauce with well-balanced tomato, spice and floral olive oil components. It's quite an enough to make even the plain pie an savory delight. I didn't get any toppings though. In my opinion a plain pizza is the hardest challenge to pull off. It forces the pizzeria to master crust and sauce without any toppings jazz to camouflage deficiencies in these basic skills. With toppings the big challenge is to manage the baking process and moisture from them that the pizza as a whole stays balanced.

BTW they've moved up to first hill, corner of Boren & Madison.

My modest proposal would be for some of us to meet up there and share some cheesy and tomatoey goodness with some fun laughs and good company.

Here are some Seattle Times reviews.
6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza | The Seattle Times
I am all for a City-Data pizza meetup at Italian Family.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:02 PM

I'd be up for this!

Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I am all for a City-Data pizza meetup at Italian Family.
Let's get some Italian sunshine in a beautiful Seattle November evening for our little city-data family.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,040 times
That'd be cool. If we do that, can we make a separate thread so nobody (like me) misses it?

Old 11-06-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
That'd be cool. If we do that, can we make a separate thread so nobody (like me) misses it?
I'll post a poll for potential days & times to meet as a separate thread.

Before I do, any special requests?

Weekday evenings?
Weekend evenings?
Weekend days?

How much advance lead time would be necessary?
Would the next week be too little notice?
Perhaps the following week November 14 - 20?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area