Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about crazy Seattle sports fans
Ack! Enough with the stupid Seagulls flags! 22 52.38%
Hello, they're Seahawks and they're number 1! 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 09:26 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
by voicing my opinions on this matter, I would only hope to get people to question their fervent allegiance, and realize that their actions are motivated not by rational, intelligent thought but by tribalistic tendencies.[/url]
i know you are but what am i
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 08:39 PM

998 posts, read 785,836 times
It always amazes me when someone has such a strong opinion about something they know absolutely nothing about. You act like its not normal behavior, but it is. That being said I have family in Lynnwood and spend a lot of time there, the Seahawk fans are no different than any other sports fans through out the country. Maybe you moved from a state that has no pro sports teams and just don't understand. But for you to have such a strong opinion about something that you have no interest in sounds kind of Crazy to me.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Footballtards, that is what I call them.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:40 PM

174 posts, read 190,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
It always amazes me when someone has such a strong opinion about something they know absolutely nothing about. You act like its not normal behavior, but it is. That being said I have family in Lynnwood and spend a lot of time there, the Seahawk fans are no different than any other sports fans through out the country. Maybe you moved from a state that has no pro sports teams and just don't understand. But for you to have such a strong opinion about something that you have no interest in sounds kind of Crazy to me.
Oh no, it's normal alright. Not sure where you got the impression that I thought otherwise. Being normal doesn't mean it isn't crazy though.

I have no interest in it because I recognize how stupid and mindless it is.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:29 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,527,359 times
I wonder if there is any correlation between loathing team sports in adulthood and having lived through the trauma of being picked last in dodge ball in PE class as a kid? Just wondering, random thought.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
I miss dodge ball, that was fun!

Old 01-25-2016, 10:14 AM

305 posts, read 179,967 times
I've never quite understood why people feel the need to belittle another person's interest...

I mean, I understand that team rivalry can get out of hand, and I don't quite understand trash talk from people that don't actually play the game - but outside of that, people wearing their jerseys and team beanies is no different than wearing your favorite band tee, or your deathly hallows car decal, or whatever little things people have to show the world that they like something - that they have interests that while not everyone will relate to, some people will and it gives them a sense of community.

It's fun to be a part of something bigger, call it tribal or whatever, but most people participate in this behavior in one way or another, so don't be so quick to look down on others simply because your tribe is smaller or not as loud.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:24 PM

65 posts, read 97,387 times
Speaking of painting houses Seahawk colors....... I recently noticed Fremont Brewery's new production facility in Ballard has indeed been painted lime green & blue. Ha, I assume this has been done with the Seattle Seahawks in mind and not some random color scheme?

Thinking it over a bit, I guess questioning The Fremont Brewing Co. or any other business in Seattle for capitalizing on Seahawk fanaticism is rather foolish. Especially considering that mixing craft beer and sports fan loyalty together is a recipe for guaranteed success (ie PROFITS!)

Like others have mentioned, just go with the flow if you choose to live in and around Seattle. It could be worse......try living in Philadelphia, New York, or heaven forbid: OAKLAND! Nothing compares to their sometimes extreme fan loyalty/antics.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:10 PM

998 posts, read 785,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
Oh no, it's normal alright. Not sure where you got the impression that I thought otherwise. Being normal doesn't mean it isn't crazy though.

I have no interest in it because I recognize how stupid and mindless it is.
Sorry you feel that way, maybe if you new how much the NFL and all the Professional sports organizations do for charity especially children maybe you wouldn't be so hateful.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:02 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
It is amazing that this thread has lasted as long as it has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area