Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 02:37 PM

450 posts, read 550,156 times

Advertisements

2 months isn't that much time. enjoy the sunshine and what FL has to offer your family. In Seattle when it is sunny and warm everyone's out, but from my experience living in subtropical as well as desert climates that the locals get used to the sunshine and don't necessarily feel the need to be outdoors just because it's nice out. When I lived in SoCal I knew more than a few people who spent weekends primarily indoors in malls and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 03:21 PM

179 posts, read 494,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
I think you misread their post. They moved from Seattle to FL not the other way around.
omg, you're right! my mistake! sorry.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM

810 posts, read 851,839 times
you could not pay me enough money to move to Florida. It has no appeal to me at all. Although I am sure the weather down there is a big improvement.

I think it is a good idea to start planning to move back. But who knows after a couple of months more you may change your mind.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 PM

278 posts, read 335,963 times
No it is not too soon. Make a plan and execute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdiegocenteno View Post
I moved to Homestead, FL about 2 months ago from Seattle and am not impressed at all. My kids also don't like it either. I researched beforehand but should've came to this part of Florida to visit first. I'm stuck in a year lease but I'm already planning my move back. Is 2 months in too soon to plan on moving back?

Old 01-20-2016, 06:32 PM

231 posts, read 587,492 times
Its funny how different people are. I moved from seattle to south florida almost 2 years ago and could never imagine moving back to the northwest. 25 years was enough! I miss the summers up there but thats about it. Different strokes for different folks i guess

Old 01-20-2016, 08:21 PM

810 posts, read 851,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
Its funny how different people are. I moved from seattle to south florida almost 2 years ago and could never imagine moving back to the northwest. 25 years was enough! I miss the summers up there but thats about it. Different strokes for different folks i guess
Cannot beat the summers in the Northwest. No place has as nice of summers.

Pretty muggy in FL and you have to deal with hurricane potential of course we have volcanoes and earthquake dangers :-)

Old 01-20-2016, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 11,001 times
Yeah, definitely different strokes for different folks! I thought I had mentally prepared myself for the change, but I can't shake the change of heart. I'm getting ready to sign my kids up for sports and other activities though so hopefully that will help me not think about it so much while I wait for this year to pass.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:29 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,299,480 times
After 26 years in Seattle, there are so many little things I love about it. Sometimes, I don't even know how to put those things into words. I just know that they just don't exist when I am somewhere else. Life is short, come home.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:58 AM

29 posts, read 26,767 times
Personal opinion.

Florida is disgusting and a miserable experience. My mom lives there now.
Seattle and Western WA is one of the best places to live in the US. Get back as soon as possible. Think of this as confirmation you were where you belong and will be content from here on out.

I remember in my early 20's i had made plans to move to Eureka CA where my cousin moved to for school. The internet was'nt big back then so investigating didnt do much, you just had to go and see it. The place just wasn't for me. Way too slow and boring. Seemed like it would be hard to get work. I was a SoCal kid and couldnt see living somewhere like that at the time. So i cancelled everything and stayed put in CA. Have been miserable ever since. True Southern CA was more exciting, but i lived my life so laid back and mellow i probably would have fit in fine in Humboldt county.

Then as i got older Seattle became the place i wanted to be. Took a vacation there 2 months ago and had the best time ever. Breathtaking scenery, fresh cold air, lots of rain which i love, fairly safe, and lots to do. Moving in the next 8-15 months.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:51 AM

231 posts, read 587,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Huntopography4
Personal opinion.

Florida is disgusting and a miserable experience. My mom lives there now.
Seattle and Western WA is one of the best places to live in the US. Get back as soon as possible. Think of this as confirmation you were where you belong and will be content from here on out.

I remember in my early 20's i had made plans to move to Eureka CA where my cousin moved to for school. The internet was'nt big back then so investigating didnt do much, you just had to go and see it. The place just wasn't for me. Way too slow and boring. Seemed like it would be hard to get work. I was a SoCal kid and couldnt see living somewhere like that at the time. So i cancelled everything and stayed put in CA. Have been miserable ever since. True Southern CA was more exciting, but i lived my life so laid back and mellow i probably would have fit in fine in Humboldt county.

Then as i got older Seattle became the place i wanted to be. Took a vacation there 2 months ago and had the best time ever. Breathtaking scenery, fresh cold air, lots of rain which i love, fairly safe, and lots to do. Moving in the next 8-15 months.
Ok then!! Lol! Again different strokes for different folks. Over 20 million people live down here and most absolutely love it here. Im a sun nut and honestly hate the cool cloudy days...also im a boating fanatic. Seattle burned me out with the long cool fall/winter/spring. Just grew out if that type of weather the older i got.
At any rate its great that the US has so many different climates, cultures and topographys so we can all be happy!

Now if only i could figure out a way to get the dolphins to emulate the Seahawks! Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area