Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 10:50 AM

678 posts, read 875,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
What do I love about Seattle? The weather. I'm serious. I can't stand constant sunshine, nor do I like freezing winters. I like all the greenery, which thrives from regular rainfall. It's rarely too cold or too rainy to take a walk.
There was a joke I heard one time from my co-worker Seattle native, when she was asked:
what do you love about Seattle? The weather.
what do you hate about Seattle? The weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 01:22 PM

171 posts, read 218,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
No, there are plenty of negatives, but we all choose to live here because the positives outweigh the negatives. This thread is so that the next time someone cuts us off in the far left lane and then slows to under the speed limit...for no reason, as we grind our teeth we can remember, oh yeah at least we have all this going for us.
Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
I don't understand people living in a place they hate, life is too short for that much misery.
I don't live there anymore. And many people don't realize just how much Seattle sucks until they live there. Living somewhere and visiting are two completely different things.

I'm just trying to save others from making the same mistake that I made.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:29 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Just no, read the title of the thread again. There are plenty of other threads on this forum where you can share your thoughts. I actually agree with some of what you are saying. I created this thread, however, to celebrate what we love here. Can you let us do that?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Just no, read the title of the thread again. There are plenty of other threads on this forum where you can share your thoughts. I created this thread to celebrate what we love here.
You created this thread to try and hinder free speech and to avoid the harsh realities of your perfect little bubble being nothing more than a delusion.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:09 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
You created this thread to try and hinder free speech and to avoid the harsh realities of your perfect little bubble being nothing more than a delusion.
You hijacked this thread to moan and whine and complain... congratulations! What a mensch!

Old 02-27-2016, 02:18 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
Okay Polly, you got me. "Just no" is my fictional alter ego double agent designed to re-energize the thread. Everything he writes is part of my master plan.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:22 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Okay Polly, you got me. "Just no" is my fictional alter ego double agent designed to re-energize the thread. Everything he writes is part of my master plan.
Oh ... and here I thought justno was just a total jerk!
Keep on writing, homes, I enjoy your posts - and I appreciate your sense of humor.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
You hijacked this thread to moan and whine and complain... congratulations! What a mensch!
Thanks, I just learned a new word! At first, I thought that I was being cussed out in German.

Quote:
Happy to help.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:14 PM

678 posts, read 875,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
Whatever lets you sleep at night.

I don't live there anymore. And many people don't realize just how much Seattle sucks until they live there. Living somewhere and visiting are two completely different things.

I'm just trying to save others from making the same mistake that I made.
You're one person... So you're trying to prevent others from going to Seattle because you hated it? Makes sense.

Kinda reminds me of dudes getting fired from a company and then bitching about it and preventing others from working there because he got fired.

And if you don't live in Seattle anymore why are you lurking around like a 14 year-old girl trying to spread poison about it? I left LA and hated living in LA but I'm not creeping around the LA forums trashing the damn place. Because I got over it.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
You're one person... So you're trying to prevent others from going to Seattle because you hated it? Makes sense.
I'm trying to prevent others from making the same mistake that I made. Yes, I am one person but there are many other people who hate Seattle just as much if not more than I do.

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of dudes getting fired from a company and then bitching about it and preventing others from working there because he got fired.
Ummm, Okay.....

Quote:
And if you don't live in Seattle anymore why are you lurking around like a 14 year-old girl trying to spread poison about it? I left LA and hated living in LA but I'm not creeping around the LA forums trashing the damn place. Because I got over it.
I'm trying to be informative and save other people the headache of moving to such a filthy, boring, homeless ridden, and expensive city. I wish someone would have been there to inform me just how full of **** Seattle is before I moved there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area