Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 02:19 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So you have spent several days ranting on any Seattle thread you can find because you have a hate for Seattle. Reminds me of another poster. You no longer live here, yet you waste endless amounts of time polluting Seattle threads. Seattle is an extremely fast-growing city and there are more people looking for houses than there are houses to buy. Can you deny that? Can you deny that many many people absolutely love the Seattle metro area, have lived here for decades and are still thrilled every day by the beauty and love they have for this place? Do their opinions count? Or are yours the only opinions that matter?
The reality is, people make choices. Is the lesser cost of living in El Paso worth living in a place that one finds completely unattractive and depressing? My spouse lived there briefly as a child and detests it to this day. Detests.
Adult entertainment has a limited market. When we were driving cross-country, we laughed at all the adult entertainment billboards in conservative Kansas. Would we want to live in Kansas? Absolutely not. I've been to just about every state in the country and Seattle is the most beautiful by far IMO. We love the people of Seattle and their quirky charms. We love everything from the ferries to the gum wall and that includes the weather.
You are entitled to your opinion but what I've found with certain posters is they have blamed Seattle for personal unhappiness. Sometimes a change of geography helps one's life but often the reality is wherever you go, there you are.
Feel free to rant, but as you've said numerous times, you don't live here anymore and wherever you live, it is apparently not great enough to distract you from the resentment you feel toward others being happy here. You definitely remind me of another poster that people started to ignore after a while.
Yes, "just.no" sounds exactly like someone else - I wish I could remember the name - to the point where I think he IS the same person, now writing / complaining / kvetching / moaning under a different pseudonym. Same old song, same "poor me" attitude ... I think his alter ego moved to Florida, or to Philly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 02:28 PM

171 posts, read 218,606 times
Quote:
So you have spent several days ranting on any Seattle thread you can find because you have a hate for Seattle. Reminds me of another poster. You no longer live here, yet you waste endless amounts of time polluting Seattle threads. Seattle is an extremely fast-growing city and there are more people looking for houses than there are houses to buy. Can you deny that? Can you deny that many many people absolutely love the Seattle metro area, have lived here for decades and are still thrilled every day by the beauty and love they have for this place? Do their opinions count? Or are yours the only opinions that matter?
I'm not the one stating that people's opinion don't count. Who created the thread that attempted to only allow positive opinions of Seattle? It was the dishonest and rude Seattle lovers who supported the discrediting of those whose views contradicted their own, not the other way around.

Seattle is a filthy expensive city that's riddled with homelessness, can you deny that?

Quote:
The reality is, people make choices. Is the lesser cost of living in El Paso worth living in a place that one finds completely unattractive and depressing? My spouse lived there briefly as a child and detests it to this day. Detests.
I never said that I wanted to live in El Paso, just that it has about the same to offer as Seattle (which is very little) at about half the price.

Quote:
Adult entertainment has a limited market. When we were driving cross-country, we laughed at all the adult entertainment billboards in conservative Kansas. Would we want to live in Kansas? Absolutely not. I've been to just about every state in the country and Seattle is the most beautiful by far IMO. We love the people of Seattle and their quirky charms. We love everything from the ferries to the gum wall and that includes the weather.
For a city its size, Seattle has an alarmingly small amount of venues that cater to people who want to look at sexy women and who want to get their freak on. And seeing as how I'm not attracted to European descended women, my options were even more limited than the average person.

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion but what I've found with certain posters is they have blamed Seattle for personal unhappiness. Sometimes a change of geography helps one's life but often the reality is wherever you go, there you are.

Feel free to rant, but as you've said numerous times, you don't live here anymore and wherever you live, it is apparently not great enough to distract you from the resentment you feel toward others being happy here. You definitely remind me of another poster that people started to ignore after a while.
Okay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Yes, "just.no" sounds exactly like someone else - I wish I could remember the name - to the point where I think he IS the same person, now writing / complaining / kvetching / moaning under a different pseudonym. Same old song, same "poor me" attitude ...
There is no poor me attitude... I hated Seattle and most of the people who live there with a passion, so I moved.

Quote:
I think his alter ego moved to Florida, or to Philly.
Wrong!

Old 02-28-2016, 02:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
I'm not the one stating that people's opinion don't count. Who created the thread that attempted to only allow positive opinions of Seattle? It was the dishonest and rude Seattle lovers who supported the discrediting of those whose views contradicted their own, not the other way around.

Seattle is a filthy expensive city that's riddled with homelessness, can you deny that?

I never said that I wanted to live in El Paso, just that it has about the same to offer as Seattle (which is very little) at about half the price.

For a city its size, Seattle has an alarmingly small amount of venues that cater to people who want to look at sexy women and who want to get their freak on. And seeing as how I'm not attracted to European descended women, my options were even more limited than the average person

Okay....

There is no poor me attitude... I hated Seattle and most of the people who live there with a passion, so I moved.

Wrong!
You certainly didn't move emotionally. For whatever reason, you didn't fit in Seattle and that's unfortunate for you. Judging by your posts, that's not entirely surprising. That said, the opinions of others also count and the Seattle metro has a population of almost 4 million. You may feel that your opinion is the only one that matters but there's a few million people that might disagree with you.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, "just.no" sounds exactly like someone else - I wish I could remember the name - to the point where I think he IS the same person, now writing / complaining / kvetching / moaning under a different pseudonym. Same old song, same "poor me" attitude ... I think his alter ego moved to Florida, or to Philly.
Exactly, I really think it's a previous poster.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
You certainly didn't move emotionally. For whatever reason, you didn't fit in Seattle and that's unfortunate for you. Judging by your posts, that's not entirely surprising. That said, the opinions of others also count and the Seattle metro has a population of almost 4 million. You may feel that your opinion is the only one that matters but there's a few million people that might disagree with you.
.... Seattle has a population of around 650k, not 4m. And out of those 650k, how many actually enjoy living there? I'm sorry, if you have a decent job at Google making 80k+ a year, moving to something better may take some time, especially if you want to stay with the same company. Just picking up and moving isn't exactly an easy thing to do, especially if you have a family.

And again, I'm not the one trying to invalidate other people's opinions by creating one-sided threads such as this one.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
.... Seattle has a population of around 650k, not 4m. And out of those 650k, how many actually enjoy living there? I'm sorry, if you have a decent job at Google making 80k+ a year, moving to something better may take some time, especially if you want to stay with the same company. Just picking up and moving isn't exactly an easy thing to do, especially if you have a family.

And again, I'm not the one trying to invalidate other people's opinions by creating one-sided threads such as this one.
No, you're trying to sprinkle anger on several threads because for you, one thread just wasn't enough to convey your Seattle hate. Google is opening and expanding their presence in Seattle because the employees like it here. If you are employed by Google, you have many choices with Google or several other companies. Judging by your posts looking for the best U.S. metros for job and COL, you're not that Google employee.

Maybe you're going through a rough time and maybe Seattle is a terrible fit for you. That doesn't mean it isn't a perfect fit for others. That negativity is probably not going to help you pull out of a difficult period in your life but I hope you find the perfect city for you.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No, you're trying to sprinkle anger on several threads because for you, one thread just wasn't enough to convey your Seattle hate. Google is opening and expanding their presence in Seattle because the employees like it here. If you are employed by Google, you have many choices with Google or several other companies. Judging by your posts looking for the best U.S. metros for job and COL, you're not that Google employee.

Maybe you're going through a rough time and maybe Seattle is a terrible fit for you. That doesn't mean it isn't a perfect fit for others. That negativity is probably not going to help you pull out of a difficult period in your life but I hope you find the perfect city for you.
No, tech companies are expanding to Seattle because it's a cheaper alternative than Silicon Valley. It has nothing to do with what their employees like.

The reason why there are so many companies expanding to places like Phoenix, Houston, and Dallas is because of their affordable rents.

While Seattle isn't cheap, it's cheaper than most Bay Area, CA cities.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
No, tech companies are expanding to Seattle because it's a cheaper alternative than Silicon Valley. It has nothing to do with what their employees like.

The reason why there are so many companies expanding to places like Phoenix, Houston, and Dallas is because of their affordable rents.

While Seattle isn't cheap, it's cheaper than most Bay Area, CA cities.
Except a lot of people prefer living on the West Coast and would equate living in Phoenix, Houston or Dallas to total misery.

Is Seattle Silicon Valley’s Next Favorite Stop? | TechCrunch

You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Census: Seattle is the fastest-growing big city in the U.S. | FYI Guy | Seattle Times

Report: Seattle has the nation's hottest housing market | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO

Old 02-28-2016, 03:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,068 times
Just.No. asserts his right to not like Seattle. Ok, sure. But does he recognize other people's rights to feel differently? Not from where I'm sitting. That's the crux of the matter for me.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Just no, read the title of the thread again.
His posts are actually off-topic for this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area