Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 06:39 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times

Advertisements

Seattle Police Pipe and Drum band on St Pattys Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRskB-H4_zQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Great weather this time of year.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:01 AM

1,500 posts, read 1,773,203 times
No income tax!!!!! Clearly I"m coming from a state that rakes you of what you've earned!

Old 08-14-2016, 01:48 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
Sidewalk etiquette. Seattle is very walkable and the pedestrians give a lot of room.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:54 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
El Paso is reasonably priced....
So is hell.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:23 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,740,228 times
Moved from northeastern US where I had terrible allergies. Here I have none! Also no insanely hot humid Summer's like over there. Good biking and hiking trails as well. Obviously the views are superior.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:01 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
So is hell.

Good one!! I've lived there...

Old 08-15-2016, 05:27 PM

9 posts, read 10,047 times
Seattle is a great place, but after two years I had to get out. Nothing bad to say about it, but the weather is pretty harsh, even compared to other parts of the country. Some things I love about seattle:
Nature
Clean air
Healthy products
General interest in health and well being
Rain and clouds (until weeks have gone by without a sight of the sun)
Lots to do within a close range.

It was a good experience. I would highly recommend moving there as long as you aren't gonna be stuck there for too long. Many of my friends who were born and grew up there wouldn't wanna live anywhere else in the world.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:33 PM

437 posts, read 436,240 times
Wow---can't believe I FINALLY came across a forum thread where posters break down and actually speak well of the area! (I KNEW there was a ploy to try to keep outsiders away! lol!)

One factor I fail to ever see addressed on all the Negative Nellie as well as Positive Polly threads is.....there are people who no matter how great a place is, they live to ***** & moan. And if there are major drawbacks to a place, to them, the place is not only bad, it's like the end of the world bad, to hear them talk. It's just their nature through-n-through and you see it over-n-over again in every blessed post they make. ::cue violins:: It seems to **** them off completely when others don't adopt the same gloom-n-doom attitude because, well, misery loves company and they like to spread it around like melted peanut butter, oozing everywhere. Problem is, they go so freakin' overboard with it and refuse to EVER say one nice thing at all, it's kind obvious.... Why don't you just move and get it over with?!?!?!

If I really tried, I could easily pick out stuff I don't like about where I live too, and in-general, I think a lot of locals might agree with me. But the upside is, I don't know too many who choose (keyword = choose) to live a life of gloom-n-doom and let's-all-be-miserable. At least not people I allow into my circle of friendship or association. We find the upside and that's what we live for, incorporate into our lives, work and bend around. If there's stuff we can "do something about", we do! Where I come from it's considered "bad form" to be a perpetual downer and expect others to jump on board and join you in the Misery Pool. If all that miserable rhetoric is designed to keep others away...um, don't think it's workin' and I don't personally know too many people that take the advice of forum mushrooms as *God's truth*. If people move to WA and don't like, and it's really *that bad*, they'll move out again. What do any of you care? I had to laugh on another thread where one gloom-n-doomer tried to 'splain away the effort he constantly puts into trying to keep others away as wanting to "save them from moving expenses". Hehehe...rrrrrright.

Wish some of the perpetual misery-folk would go take a walk in that lovely constant mist they're always yakking about and wash their souls clean, smell the beautiful outdoors, DO something productive besides get their miserable cooties on the rest of us. How you live your life and perceive your surroundings, is a choice. If you're so unhappy, DO something about it...but stop trying to infect everyone else. At the very least, balance your misery out with admitting the good there is, too. I dare ya!

If it's lack of sun that's messing you up, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AswW05YIFY

Last edited by carolochs; 08-15-2016 at 06:26 PM..

Old 08-15-2016, 10:38 PM

Well said, Carol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area