Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 12:56 AM

301 posts, read 312,698 times

Advertisements

Has anyone already mentioned salmon? Our Saturday routine has now become the following: wake up, have espresso, go to salmon market in Magnolia, pick a juicy 4-6 pound chinook, refill growlers with hefe in Ballard, and have some serious grilling for dinner. Then I spend a good portion of the week finishing the rest of the salmon. My wife hasn’t embraced PNW to full extent yet and can’t eat it every day so anything we cannot finish in the first day is mine to party on. I must confess, there have been days when I had salmon for breakfast and then skipped lunch to have a big salmon dinner. I do sometimes add shrimp skewers to mix it up a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Yup Eugene, bought some tonight!

Old 09-18-2018, 11:19 PM

Good timing @homes! Firshermen told me coho is done and chinook season will last for maybe another month or so and after that price will rise significantly until spring.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I love the memories of some of Seattle's newswomen.

Monica Hart, Kerry Brock, Joyce Taylor, Susan Hutchison, Sabrina Register....

Without question the hottest women I've ever seen behind a news desk.
I will add the late Kathi Goertzen, Jean Enerson (back in the day, but even in her later years), and Channel 13 KCPQ anchors Liz Dueweke, and former KCQP anchor Leslie Miller.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I will add the late Kathi Goertzen, Jean Enerson (back in the day, but even in her later years), and Channel 13 KCPQ anchors Liz Dueweke, and former KCQP anchor Leslie Miller.
If I say "me too" is that okay in these days of #metoo ?

Old 09-19-2018, 11:22 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
If I say "me too" is that okay in these days of #metoo ?
I think it is OK. Perhaps some votes for hottest males on the news as well?

Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Well, 1st I am from Oregon, I joined the Navy to leave all the rain. I actually got sent to NAS Whidbey Is. I failed in my attempt to leave the rain. in fact over the next 20 years I kept finding myself trying to leave WA and Oregon. Finally I did move to Gilbert AZ (Phoenix area). be careful what you wish for..as it might come true. Now after 11 years in this hot sand, I took a vacation to Seattle. My GOD do I miss it. The sound was just amazing to me, the salt air, the trees, the snow peaked mountain ranges. Turns out I hate constant sunshine and heat WAY more than cloudy days and rain. I have had to stay inside for most of my 11 years here because its so damn hot...it defeats the purpose. I am coming back finally, coming back home in 2020 when our son graduates.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well, 1st I am from Oregon, I joined the Navy to leave all the rain. I actually got sent to NAS Whidbey Is. I failed in my attempt to leave the rain. in fact over the next 20 years I kept finding myself trying to leave WA and Oregon. Finally I did move to Gilbert AZ (Phoenix area). be careful what you wish for..as it might come true. Now after 11 years in this hot sand, I took a vacation to Seattle. My GOD do I miss it. The sound was just amazing to me, the salt air, the trees, the snow peaked mountain ranges. Turns out I hate constant sunshine and heat WAY more than cloudy days and rain. I have had to stay inside for most of my 11 years here because its so damn hot...it defeats the purpose. I am coming back finally, coming back home in 2020 when our son graduates.
Forever. we'll save a place for you. No matter how much people complain about it, if you've been around long enough, this place does get under your skin in a good way. It's hard to explain sometimes: the fresh air, the beautiful trees and flowers, the access to good healthy food, microbrews everywhere, beautiful scenery.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 09-21-2018 at 09:12 AM..

Old 09-22-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
No matter how much people complain about it, if you've been around long enough, this place does get under your skin in a good way.
For some people it doesn't even need to be too long here for PNW to get under the skin We were very fed up with the previous place where we lived. Still we loved a couple things that are not accessible in Seattle (or probably in the entire West Coast even). When we were moving half year ago, we had a pretty strong conviction that we will be having a short, week long maybe, trip to the place that we previously called home to visit those few things that we loved. Half year passed and I don't think neither myself nor my wife have enough motivation to leave PNW for this trip.

I don't know, things are just really good here and I cannot explain this very well. I mean even trivial things like peaches, greens, apples, etc., they are super tasty here. And I am not the person who spent all their life in a big city and then got shocked by the taste of a fresh apple from tree or something like that. I did temporarily live in extremely rural areas in the past and had garden, etc so I am pretty familiar with farm-to-table produce in a very literal sense of these words. I have no idea why same things taste so much better here (also confirmed by guests visiting us). And yeah, things like fresh air and everything else adds up to this also.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:32 PM

Hiked Wallace Falls trail out Hwy 2 near Gold Bar today. Stunning mossy woods, beautiful waterfall and rivers. 35-40 minutes from our Madison Park home to the trailhead, where else can you do that in the USA? Here is the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Falls_State_Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area