Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 10:26 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times

Advertisements

I’ve been to 2 Seattle Kraken games, they are a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 05:01 PM

240 posts, read 195,208 times
Love the holiday festivities around Pike Place Market and Westlake center. Video of a walking tour taken few days back..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4YTpzRZawM

Old 12-04-2021, 05:08 PM

217 posts, read 141,688 times
I loved the weather; I actually get worn out from constant sun shine. Also, there is more moisture in the air; which is good for my sensitive skin. I enjoy being close to lots of nature and lots of water. Would move there, or somewhere else in Washington, if it wasn't so expensive.

Old 12-05-2021, 09:18 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,334 times
I enjoyed your video uniquetraveler and can't rep you again. Downtown Seattle is especially lovely during the holidays with all the lights twinkling and reflected in the wet pavement. The annual tree lighting ceremony is always Friday the day after Thanksgiving, BTW, and we've only missed it a handful of times over the past twenty-odd years. (This year we skipped the Apple Cup since the game started at the same time and, well, the Huskies this season...) Afterward we walked from Westlake to First Hill for drinks in the Sorrento's Fireside Room.

I regularly shop and walk all over downtown Seattle as a petite middle-aged mom and just ignore descriptions of Seattle by posters who don't live here, some who have clearly never been here. Seattle is and always has been an authentic port city and it shares the palpable history and dynamism and unsavory elements of port cities everywhere. For those preferring a suburban mall and strip shopping center existence, well, Seattle won't be their cup of tea.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:04 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquetraveler View Post
Love the holiday festivities around Pike Place Market and Westlake center. Video of a walking tour taken few days back..

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4YTpzRZawM[/url]
Thanks for the video. Very well done and it's also fun learning more about the people behind the profiles. Your entire channel might be a good resource over the next few years unless you've specifically got a "Bucket List Seattle" video for those who figure out that Seattle is amazing and lovely, but still making plans to go somewhere else. The video that will make it hurt and rubbing in all that will be lost "See, see? You leave and you no longer enjoy ___ " The idea just... occurred to me

Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,910,334 times
Another thing I love about Seattle - Big John's PFI, featured in today's Seattle Times:

Family sustains Big John’s PFI, bringing tastes of Italy to Seattle for 50 years

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/fo...-for-50-years/

Old 12-05-2021, 11:17 AM

240 posts, read 195,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Thanks for the video. Very well done and it's also fun learning more about the people behind the profiles. Your entire channel might be a good resource over the next few years unless you've specifically got a "Bucket List Seattle" video for those who figure out that Seattle is amazing and lovely, but still making plans to go somewhere else. The video that will make it hurt and rubbing in all that will be lost "See, see? You leave and you no longer enjoy ___ " The idea just... occurred to me
I didn't take the videos, found on youtube. But agree with your points, like this video on Pioneer Square is a good eye opener..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yv6YhycJxc

Old 12-17-2021, 07:12 AM

Water tastes really good to drink out of the tap in the Seattle area, so many places it doesn’t.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:39 AM

All the kayaking possibilities and the fact that we can see real marine life (harbor seals, orca whales).

Old 02-06-2022, 07:54 AM

Old cedar trees around Seattle and the region. Underrated autumn foliage colors too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area