Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2022, 11:15 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
This might just not be the right climate for you. The 60-70 degree range with nights in the 50s is absolutely perfect weather... and one of the main reasons why I live here.
Oh I love that too, those are my favorite temps actually.

The part I don't love, is when it's Seattle outside. Which it often is. You know, that whole Seattle thing.

If it was just slightly less, that would be fine. Or if it was just the winter. I could deal with 5 100% overcast and damp days out of a week for half the year, but this whole "spring" saga this year, it seemed to be like that almost 7 days out of every week, week after week after week with no stop until July 4th.

Gonna see how next year goes, and play it from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 12:00 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Marvelous out today. By next week, we'll be complaining about the heat and how dry it is.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 705,424 times
nothing

Old 07-22-2022, 02:29 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Not Seattle specific but I really like the way when one plants bloom is over another plant starts its bloom and so on, and so on.
I have been seeing this since spring and really like it.

Oddly enough though, I was talking to a local beekeeper and she said they only have one honey harvest per year here while our Cali place has a spring harvest (mainly clear) and a fall harvest (dark amber) .
Maybe she is new to it?
I don’t know.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:42 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Perfect clear day outside, nice breeze, and the Blue Angels are flying overhead. Happy Friday! Nice day for a cold one.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:42 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times
SeaFair Airshow. It was great. Free today, Friday. Weather very comfortable.
We took the #7 bus to Genesse and walked into the park. I'd would not recommend driving-parking is bad and leaving is worse. If you do drive, recommend you take the first hawker selling his driving for parking, ~$40 and then walk in.
Saw a squadron of Canadian Geese fly over us (~10meters high above us over the cherry trees) in perfect wing-wing, unbalanced formation. They got an ovation, too. Then only few minutes later the Blue Angeles flew over Genesee's waterfront, also in perfect formation.

The local Osprey was in and out of the area wondering why he can't do any fishing.

Saw an F35 and Mustang do several flybys. You can't hear the F35.
BiPlane Aerobatics and and MonoWing propeller aerobatics. Coast Guard demostration of water rescue using MH-65D Dolphin helicopter, their hovering capabilities are awesome and they are quiet.

Went to the Museum of Flight, yesterday. Saw the F/A-18's do a take off and flyby. Took the #124 bus. Recommend that you Drive if you can.

Last edited by leastprime; 08-05-2022 at 10:25 PM..

Old 08-06-2022, 02:16 PM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Not Seattle specific but I really like the way when one plants bloom is over another plant starts its bloom and so on, and so on.
I have been seeing this since spring and really like it.

Oddly enough though, I was talking to a local beekeeper and she said they only have one honey harvest per year here while our Cali place has a spring harvest (mainly clear) and a fall harvest (dark amber) .
Maybe she is new to it?
I don’t know.
Probably temperature. Bees won't leave the hive until it's nearly 60°.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:54 PM

30 posts, read 60,798 times
Having come from Texas, I marvel at how beautiful this place is. Every time I drive through many of the suburbs I can't keep exclaiming how pretty it all is. I don't particularly love the 1 lane roads, but everything else - gorgeous.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:30 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereinnj View Post
Having come from Texas, I marvel at how beautiful this place is. Every time I drive through many of the suburbs I can't keep exclaiming how pretty it all is. I don't particularly love the 1 lane roads, but everything else - gorgeous.
I think Texas has it’s own unique beauty, but I agree with you about the Seattle metro.

I live in the Houston metro, but I’m an SF Bay Area native who has also lived in LA/OC and I’ve traveled to 48 of our states (all but Alaska and Hawaii)m and I think that the ‘setting’ = the only major U.S. setting that is more beautiful/dramatic than the San Francisco area, and that Washington is the only state I’ve been to that is more beautiful than California.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:39 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereinnj View Post
Drive east across 520 on the bridge to Bellevue and take a look at Mt Rainier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area