Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 03:49 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times

Advertisements

Yup Ruth, Victoria Clipper (the fast ferry Seattle-Victoria-passenger only) is great. Board on the Seattle waterfront, have a nibble or a drink. 2 hours 45 min later you pull right up to Inner Harbor in Victoria: Victoria Clipper Ferry Schedules & Fares | Seattle-Victoria BC Ferry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:56 PM

603 posts, read 877,422 times
- The scenery
- Strong economy with plenty of high-paying jobs
- Very refined and new infrastructure, most metros look pretty rundown in comparison (even the Bay Area)
- No income taxes
- World-class boating, hiking, skiing within an hour or two no matter where you are
- Proximity to Vancouver, BC; which in my opinion is one of the world's most beautiful and enjoyable cities to visit
- Lots of nice twisty roads
- Surprisingly good car culture. From Exotics at RTC, to Lemay's Auto Museum (largest in America) and the several Concours de Elegance at local wineries throughout the year
- While I wasn't too happy about the plastic bag ban, I do like how environmentally-conscious the region is.
- Great shopping that's only going to get better (Bellevue and Lincoln Square expansion)
- Newcastle Golf Course makes me feel like i'm on vacation
- The UW is a great school with a truly unique location and scenery that make it stand out from the majority of other college campuses. I miss my time there
- Overall the Seattle area is a pretty trendy place that is clearly up-and-coming and has its best days ahead of it.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Mountains on both sides, as well as Puget Sound; clean air; not much humidity; music scene; professional sports, especially the Seahawks... (12's ROCK!!). You want country it's there, a little ways down the road you got the city...... Seattle has it all!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:39 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
bump.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:14 PM

159 posts, read 185,575 times
hows the intramural sports thing here? any places for that, like indoor volleyball, vasketball ?

Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM

735 posts, read 871,340 times
To broaden it out a bit beyond Seattle, I like that we voted for gay marriage and legal pot. Neither which effects me directly other then knowing that people can live their lives how they choose.

I like the gum wall. It's disgusting, it's horrendous and it's also freak'in hilarious that they cleaned it and it came right back.

I like the Underground Tour, if you haven't done it, book a tour right away.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:12 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,337,354 times
What do I love about Seattle? The weather. I'm serious. I can't stand constant sunshine, nor do I like freezing winters. I like all the greenery, which thrives from regular rainfall. It's rarely too cold or too rainy to take a walk.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:38 PM

91 posts, read 126,034 times
Sure, there are many positives here. Air and water is fairly unpolluted outside of the city. If you love outdoors, particularly hiking, mountaineering, wild life and such this is a great place. But best from my perspective is rapidly rising real estate values and all the money people bring here. Assuming you started early (working and buying property) you can easily plan on early sellout and you'll have more then enough to move some place more affordable, start a business doing what you love, even retire early if you want!

Old 02-26-2016, 07:22 PM

171 posts, read 218,538 times
This thread seems like a thread for people who can't handle the truth and who want to shut off anything and everything that contradicts their perfect little delusional bubble.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:47 AM

735 posts, read 871,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
This thread seems like a thread for people who can't handle the truth and who want to shut off anything and everything that contradicts their perfect little delusional bubble.
No, there are plenty of negatives, but we all choose to live here because the positives outweigh the negatives. This thread is so that the next time someone cuts us off in the far left lane and then slows to under the speed limit...for no reason, as we grind our teeth we can remember, oh yeah at least we have all this going for us. I don't understand people living in a place they hate, life is too short for that much misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area