Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:34 AM

143 posts, read 334,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
I hear a lot of mix answered in this topic. I guess it depends on the personality of the person but also if the person has experience it as a black man or not. Otherwise I hope it's a fun city to move to, I'm from Atlanta and Iam tired of the south and I want to try the west coast, but I don't think I'll like LA and the Bay Area is to expensive, so I think Seattle would be a good start there
I wouldn't do it man. If you like SF and think Seattle is an alternative to the Bay you're probably wrong. Culturally it's a major extreme.. They only share being a tech hub and open to the gay community in common. Otherwise it's a pretty white culture and society (no offense to them). SF is cool, hip, socially engaging, and essentially just a lively place. Seattle is kinda the opposite, you don't engage with people, you engage with nature instead.

Also to help some other folks out. If you like black women, this is the WRONG city for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:35 AM

678 posts, read 875,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Interracial or homosexual dating is very accepted in Austin. Not fair to say that at all.

As for the Asian guy complaining about being Asian, I'm Asian and I've never had issues. Of course, they weren't all 10s hahaha

Question for OP, would you ever date a black woman?
Seattle is a little better than other cities in terms of interracial dating, I will admit. But most of the interracial dating consists of the white guys getting other girls of different races LOL, not really the other way around, especially for Asian/Indian/Middle Eastern guys....

I've gotten white girls before too but yeah, they definitely weren't 10's, or 7's even

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
That really sucks. We really shouldn't be living in a world where we have to ask stupid questions like this because race and color shouldn't matter. Under this skin we still have the same blood and body parts.
I know it sucks, but that's just what it is . It shouldn't matter, but it does lol.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
From what I have seen walking around Downtown Seattle and Seattle Center on weekends most Asian women prefer white or black guys to any Asian male. Its kind of rare to see Asian and Asian dating. But really if you're black or white and keep yourself decent dating should never be a concern in Seattle.

Asian males are just crushed in this city.
Yeah, I know... pretty much any city in the Western World actually.

But you know what, as an Asian male myself who isn't the tallest or buffest guy, I combat this by ignoring all Asian girls now LOL. Just the look on their faces... You just know that they don't give a crap about you. They are clearly only after white guys, not even black guys... So I just ignore them and approach girls of any different color. So far it's been working better.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:03 AM

91 posts, read 125,960 times
Dating in Seattle is more a matter of class then race.
Upper and lower classes don't mix regardless of the race.
But it is not like NYC where all possible ethnic combinations coexist peacefully everywhere.
I dated and Asian woman in the past and I don't think (even for a split second) we ever saw each other trough the prism of race. It was just two people together.
I also dated an AA woman and even though we never looked at each other trough the race prism she from the start warned me that people will be rude and disruptive in public. AA males would yell profanities at us (insults mostly directed at her) every chance they got in the public. It was appalling and eyeopening but it didn't stop us from dating. She was an awesome woman and a human being.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:20 AM

171 posts, read 218,247 times
Quote:
I hear a lot of mix answered in this topic. I guess it depends on the personality of the person but also if the person has experience it as a black man or not. Otherwise I hope it's a fun city to move to, I'm from Atlanta and Iam tired of the south and I want to try the west coast, but I don't think I'll like LA and the Bay Area is to expensive, so I think Seattle would be a good start there
I don't recommend Seattle for anyone, especially African Americans. It's slowly losing its African American population, there's a reason for that.

There are Bay Area, CA suburbs that are about the same price as Seattle and you won't be that far away from San Francisco, which is miles ahead of Seattle in every way that matters. The only people who consistently praise Seattle are people of European descent, there's a reason for that....

Seattle has a dry, boring, frappuccino drinking, canoe rafting, delusional, rude culture.

Unless you're an Asian woman who worships European men or a European man looking to be worshiped by Asian women, Seattle's dating scene generally doesn't have much to offer, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Yeah, I know... pretty much any city in the Western World actually.

But you know what, as an Asian male myself who isn't the tallest or buffest guy, I combat this by ignoring all Asian girls now LOL. Just the look on their faces... You just know that they don't give a crap about you. They are clearly only after white guys, not even black guys... So I just ignore them and approach girls of any different color. So far it's been working better.
Yeah I know what you mean. More so than any other city that I've been to, the Asian women in Seattle seemed to have this European worship thing going on and came off as gold diggers, not all of them of course, but a fair amount.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:21 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
If a woman looks as though all of her recent ancestors are descendants of Europe, as a rule of thumb I won't approach her or flirt with her. I guess more specifically I would refuse to date a woman of English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, or German descent under any circumstances ever. And since I'm generally not attracted to women with blue eyes and blonde hair, that pretty much rules out any other European American woman.

Hmm...the Portugese and Spanish tend to be dark haired and dark eyed, though not always. Some Moorish ancestry there. A bit different than your classic "English rose".

That being said, I think that it's best to, other than age or height/weight proportionate type concerns, to just meet a person and be open to what they're like as a person before ruling them out. Lots of literate attractive blondes, brunettes, dark skin, golden skin, pale skin...

Far be it from me (an aging married lady) to tell d00ds who they should date BUT, hey, when I was dating there were definite types of guys who did not appeal to me. But when I got to having a meeting of the minds and spirits with them, I found myself falling for people who were not my "type". Love is love.

I suspect the main thing for you, perhaps, is that the chick shouldn't like or defend Seattle in any way shape or form.

/runs off laughing

Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,040 times
Quote:
I absolutely hate the terms "Black" and "White" to describe race. I've never actually seen a "White" person, so in my mind it doesn't make sense to refer to people who are of European descent as "White". I have a similar principle for why I don't use the term "Black" to describe African Americans.

We don't go around referring to people who are of Asian descent as "Yellow" (even though some Asians are just as light as the average European). Nor do we refer to Indian or Mexican people as "Brown" in order to describe their race.

We refer to American born Indians as Indian, American born Asians as Asian (yes I know Indians are Asians), and we refer to American born Mexicans as Mexican. American born Europeans are European and American born Africans for all intents and purposes are African.

To respond to your comments about my preference(s) eliminating women who are Caucasian, you're correct.

I'll date any race of color or anyone who's mixed with any combination of races.

How 'bout percentage of Neaderthal ancestry versus Cro Magnon only? You know a lot of Europeans have some of the former...

/runs off laughing yet again...

Old 02-29-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I don't recommend Seattle for anyone, especially African Americans. It's slowly losing its African American population, there's a reason for that.

There are Bay Area, CA suburbs that are about the same price as Seattle and you won't be that far away from San Francisco, which is miles ahead of Seattle in every way that matters. The only people who consistently praise Seattle are people of European descent, there's a reason for that....

Seattle has a dry, boring, frappuccino drinking, canoe rafting, delusional, rude culture.

Unless you're an Asian woman who worships European men or a European man looking to be worshiped by Asian women, Seattle's dating scene generally doesn't have much to offer, at all.

Yeah I know what you mean. More so than any other city that I've been to, the Asian women in Seattle seemed to have this European worship thing going on and came off as gold diggers, not all of them of course, but a fair amount.
What is it with you and European people ??

Well, this is the case with any big city in the USA, but the reason why it's more prevalent in cities like a Seattle or San Francisco because Seattle has majority white people and asian people. Oh, and it just so happens that white guys like asian gals, and asian gals love white guys. So it works out perfectly! Lol.

But yes, to my Asian brothers out here, I recommend ignoring the Asian girls completely, unless they come after you of course. You'll find a lot more excitement and responses approaching any other colors. Especially if you're just an average Jimmy, it's such a waste of time approaching these Asian girls because they are all just drooling over, as Just.No points out, European guys.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:23 PM

171 posts, read 218,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
Hmm...the Portugese and Spanish tend to be dark haired and dark eyed, though not always. Some Moorish ancestry there. A bit different than your classic "English rose".
I couldn't imagine myself waking up to a European woman every morning and going to bed next to one every night. For reason(s) that are complexed and varied, it's just inconceivable.

Quote:
That being said, I think that it's best to, other than age or height/weight proportionate type concerns, to just meet a person and be open to what they're like as a person before ruling them out. Lots of literate attractive blondes, brunettes, dark skin, golden skin, pale skin...
Sorry, can't do it.

Quote:
Far be it from me (an aging married lady) to tell d00ds who they should date BUT, hey, when I was dating there were definite types of guys who did not appeal to me. But when I got to having a meeting of the minds and spirits with them, I found myself falling for people who were not my "type". Love is love.
Thankfully, I don't have this problem.

Quote:
I suspect the main thing for you, perhaps, is that the chick shouldn't like or defend Seattle in any way shape or form.

/runs off laughing
Incorrect. Houston, San Francisco, and Atlanta are probably my favorite cities in America, I wouldn't date a woman of European descent even if she loved those cities just as much as I do. Conversely, I would date a woman of color even if she loved Seattle for whatever reason, assuming we actually had things in common, of course.

I think it's most appropriate to chalk it up to preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
What is it with you and European people ??

Well, this is the case with any big city in the USA, but the reason why it's more prevalent in cities like a Seattle or San Francisco because Seattle has majority white people and asian people. Oh, and it just so happens that white guys like asian gals, and asian gals love white guys. So it works out perfectly! Lol.

But yes, to my Asian brothers out here, I recommend ignoring the Asian girls completely, unless they come after you of course. You'll find a lot more excitement and responses approaching any other colors. Especially if you're just an average Jimmy, it's such a waste of time approaching these Asian girls because they are all just drooling over, as Just.No points out, European guys.
Are you asking why I use the term European instead of "White"? For reasons I've already explained, I think it's idiotic to refer to people who are of European descent as "White".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area