Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 PM

171 posts, read 218,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Vietnamese... In my opinion. But all types of Asian I believe.

I am Vietnamese and I myself also have a physical preference for white blonde girls, mainly because blonde women are the exact opposite of what I look like (dark skin, black hair). But that's all it is: physical. I don't think getting a blonde girl will make me "more American" or make me feel any more macho or alpha male than if I was dating an equally-attractive Asian woman... or Latina woman, or black woman, or middle-eastern woman.

The above ^ can't be said for the mentality of Asian women.
Thanks for the info.....

Interesting taste you have. As I've previously stated, I'm generally not attracted to European women, but blonde hair and blue eyes are probably my least favorite looks out of all the Europeans. Though it would be one cold day in hell before I seriously considered dating any woman of European descent, redheads are probably the best looking of the European subspecies in my opinion, followed by brunettes, then blondes. Most of the women that I'm attracted to are visibly brown, whether they're Asian, Hispanic, or African American so go figure. I guess that I missed the memo about guys liking fair skinned women.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I don't have an opinion on that one -- seems ubiquitous based on my experience in NYC but I see most of these Asian female/white male couples in passing so it's hard to estimate in that level of detail.
Ah, I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 PM

159 posts, read 185,621 times
Dudes always end up talking about relationships LOL. I guess it is true.

But no one has given concrete discussion about where, venues on these alleged sightings. I'm guessing people hookup at the college grounds?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:47 AM

21 posts, read 19,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The comments on dating scene for Asian women and white men are just dead on. I can't imagine a white guy having a lonely dating life in this city and I can't imagine Asian-Asian marriages in the future.
So the next time you see a pure Asian baby maybe take a picture its going to be a unicorn.

Its embarrassing for the Asian community. The women reject our own people, culture. I myself enjoy what my culture offers in music, films, arts but try to find an Asian girl to share that with. Not really going to happen without a ton of trying.
White men worship is just I don't know just blows my mind.
Since this thread I've started paying attention on my walk home. I see no shortage of Asian/Asian couples.

Quote:
Vietnamese... In my opinion. But all types of Asian I believe.

I am Vietnamese and I myself also have a physical preference for white blonde girls, mainly because blonde women are the exact opposite of what I look like (dark skin, black hair). But that's all it is: physical. I don't think getting a blonde girl will make me "more American" or make me feel any more macho or alpha male than if I was dating an equally-attractive Asian woman... or Latina woman, or black woman, or middle-eastern woman.

The above ^ can't be said for the mentality of Asian women.
I'm (very) white and like darker-skinned partners, for the exact same reason as you--completely opposite to me. I've dated Asians, but certainly not because of any stereotypes of their personalities ("submissiveness" or whatever)--I prefer a strong, independent partner. I don't really care what race/ethnicity a partner is, but I'll also freely admit there are some ethnicities I just don't find that attractive--most Europeans, East Indians, Arabs, Greeks, etc. Too hairy!

Old 03-03-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy Bear View Post
Dudes always end up talking about relationships LOL. I guess it is true.

But no one has given concrete discussion about where, venues on these alleged sightings. I'm guessing people hookup at the college grounds?
This thread is about interracial relationships. When it comes down to it yes, you'll see more Asians with Asians, more Europeans with Europeans, and more Africans with Africans. This is true not only in Seattle but anywhere in the U.S.

In Seattle, the most common interracial relationship you'll see is Asian female/European male, probably followed by African male/European female for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwillia View Post
Since this thread I've started paying attention on my walk home. I see no shortage of Asian/Asian couples.

I'm (very) white and like darker-skinned partners, for the exact same reason as you--completely opposite to me. I've dated Asians, but certainly not because of any stereotypes of their personalities ("submissiveness" or whatever)--I prefer a strong, independent partner. I don't really care what race/ethnicity a partner is, but I'll also freely admit there are some ethnicities I just don't find that attractive--most Europeans, East Indians, Arabs, Greeks, etc. Too hairy!
Please read my above statement.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:14 PM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
This thread is about interracial relationships. When it comes down to it yes, you'll see more Asians with Asians, more Europeans with Europeans, and more Africans with Africans. This is true not only in Seattle but anywhere in the U.S.

In Seattle, the most common interracial relationship you'll see is Asian female/European male, probably followed by African male/European female for whatever reason.

Please read my above statement.
This is the most common interracial relationship like ever and everywhere in the history of the world lol.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
This is the most common interracial relationship like ever and everywhere in the history of the world lol.
Wrong! The most common intermarriage in America is Hispanic/European making up around 43% of all interracial marriages, followed by Asian/European at around 14%, then European/African at around 11%.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:04 PM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
Quote:
Wrong! The most common intermarriage in America is Hispanic/European making up around 43% of all interracial marriages, followed by Asian/European at around 14%, then European/African at around 11%.
Yeah we know.. no need to get your nipples turnt. I just don't live around hispanics. I was just exaggerrating because I live in Seattle with most whites and asians.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:43 PM

415 posts, read 490,715 times
Quote:
Technically Hispanic / Latino is considered in the US an ethnicity and not a race. Both Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio for example are white Hispanics. I suspect many mixed couplings with a Latino are probably as inconspicuous as a couple with any number of other "European" originating ethnicities. An awful lot of Hispanics more resemble the conquistadors than the conquistados (the natives).

Old 03-03-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Technically Hispanic / Latino is considered in the US an ethnicity and not a race. Both Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are white Hispanics. I suspect many mixed couplings with a Latino are probably as inconspicuous as a couple with any number of other "European" originating ethnicities. An awful lot of Hispanics more resemble the conquistadors than the conquistados (the natives).
Wrong again. As inaccurate of a descriptor as "White" is to describe Europeans, Hispanic and European are two separate and distinct races according to the U.S. government, for what it's worth.

https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/reic/definitions.asp

Most Hispanic Americans (Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans etc) at a glance, can easily be distinguished from the average European American. To varying degrees most Hispanics are a mix of European, Native, and African and look the part.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 PM

415 posts, read 490,715 times
The US Census very clearly uses the designation "White"

The U.S. Census Bureau must adhere to the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity which guide the Census Bureau in classifying written responses to the race question:

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

The 1997 OMB standards permit the reporting of more than one race. An individual’s response to the race question is based upon self-identification.

An individual’s response to the race question is based upon self-identification. The Census Bureau does not tell individuals which boxes to mark or what heritage to write in. For the first time in Census 2000, individuals were presented with the option to self-identify with more than one race and this continued with the 2010 Census. People who identify with more than one race may choose to provide multiple races in response to the race question. For example, if a respondent identifies as "Asian" and "White," they may respond to the question on race by checking the appropriate boxes that describe their racial identities and/or writing in these identities on the spaces provided.

-----

Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

Enough of the SJW PC BS. It's been an attempt to exert some kind of pathetic power to guilt the majority into jumping to try to be polite and respectful. For too long the atrocious self-anointed leadership of "minority communities" have been taking advantage of the majority's good faith and patience. Basta. No more.

By the way Just.No, who appointed you the authority for racial categories and designations? I've known plenty of people in the US and abroad who refer to themselves as "White" "Black" etc. The geographic designations for racial categories are absurd. For example I think that everybody and including those meant to be described would probably agree that the racial category "Asian" is absurd. Put a Russian, a Syrian, a Saudi, a Sri Lankan, a Laotian, a Filipino and a Japanese together. Is "Asian" a meaningful designation for race? Ask a Moroccan, a Libyan, an Egyptian, an Afrikaner if they're black. Nor are Jamaicans, Barbadians or Tobagans "African" no matter how black they are. None of black Caribbeans I've known get upset to be called black, because that's what they call themselves.

Furthermore the claim that Hispanics can be easily and clearly identified at a glance is utter nonsense. I've known plenty of "conquistidor-Americans" who looked like they had as good as zero Indio blood and one would never guess until they explained that they benefit from Affirmative Action even though they look no less Anglo than Gieselle Bündchen. Mitt Romney's daddy was also Mexican btw.. And the sometimes richest man in the world, Carlos Slim has 100% Lebanese blood; but he's still a Mexican. Does that make Slim an "Asian" now? Take Ted Cruz for example also. He looks so astonishingly like Pat Buchanan I can't get over the resemblance.

Grow up. Take the chip of your shoulder and we'll get along just fine and we can be brothers and have an interesting constructive exchange. Unless of course you're just looking for attention and an argument. Then we'd better just ignore each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area