Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:37 PM

184 posts, read 333,903 times

Advertisements

I flew Southwest almost exclusively when I lived in Dallas. Since I moved to Seattle, I have not been able to find any flights with them that are cheaper than other options. I'll gladly fly with them if it makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,902,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
I flew Southwest almost exclusively when I lived in Dallas. Since I moved to Seattle, I have not been able to find any flights with them that are cheaper than other options. I'll gladly fly with them if it makes sense.
I wish southwest would expand their footprint in seattle.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,610,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
Alaska Air is based in Seattle, so they're the home team. They have good reliable service, and really pull through in a crisis. There was one time back in the 90's when Sea-Tac got shut down, not sure why--maybe fog? Alaska bussed all their passengers to Boeing Field, and flew all their flights out of there. It was the only airline flying. Everyone else got stuck for the night at Sea-Tac.

That dependability of service builds loyalty.
Wow, really???

Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Nope

I just wonder why alaska air is often so expensive compared to southwest.
No, that's not actually the point of your post. I wish it had been though.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I always shop around airlines before flying. One thing southwest does offer which the other airlines don't is no change fees or rebooking fees if you must cancel your flight last minute.

Safeway is cheaper than qfc because their food quality isn't as good as qfc. Qfc has a terrific service deli,fresh produce,fresh fish and very clean stores. Many safeway stores are dirty and have so so produce and a not so good service deli. Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you dont.
I have to say the produce at the Safeway in my neighborhood is pretty amazing... the quality and quantity... they knew what kind of neighborhood they were moving into and planned accordingly.

That said, when I'm being a little relaxed with my budget I prefer QFC ever so much more than Safeway for all the reasons above, not to mention that they carry more "foodie" products that I enjoy.

But at the moment I'm going to Fred Meyer's with bulk items purchased at PCC.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I have to say the produce at the Safeway in my neighborhood is pretty amazing... the quality and quantity... they knew what kind of neighborhood they were moving into and planned accordingly.

That said, when I'm being a little relaxed with my budget I prefer QFC ever so much more than Safeway for all the reasons above, not to mention that they carry more "foodie" products that I enjoy.

I really really like PCC and whole foods in rosevelt as well. The qfc northgate and qfc university village shopping center is amazing. Also qfc wallingford is nice. The fred meyer in ballard and green lake are also good stores.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,023,049 times
True but considering Southwest is the largest domestic airline (by number of travelers) they must be doing something right. And the free bags deal is big for a lot of people in an industry that makes hundreds of millions off of bags and other fees and generally treats the customer like crap. No fee to change your flight is another reason I have picked them in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post

If you think Southwest is always - or even "often" cheaper than the competition, then Southwest's marketing people have done their jobs. Never mind that researchers from NBC to the Wall Street Journal repeatedly report that they're not; marketing is marketing.

Happy flying.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,416,599 times
i like southwest and fly them a lot too. in fact, i fly them so much that i have a companion pass for my wife so she flies with me for free (well, a few bucks in taxes) most of the time when i fly southwest. can't beat that deal.

to southern california, they fly nonstop to john wayne airport (SNA).

most of my flights are to the bay area though.

the best part is the no change fees + free bag checks.

i also fly alaska sometimes and i'm MVP on alaska. they are pretty good too.

delta sucks though. i hate whenever i have to fly delta. they have expanded their footprint in seattle and they are helping to drive down the prices so that's good but delta just sucks.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:46 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,023,049 times
Oh how I miss the grocery shopping we had in Atlanta, especially Dekalb Farmers Market (have yet to find any place with such a selection of produce, meats etc). To give you an idea at any time they probably had 15 varities of apples and the produce section was probably close to the size of an entire Trader Joes. Some great stores here and am so happy to be back home but the market seems to be dominated by chains and the selection is less and price is more than what we were used to. Trader Joes has become our go to place.

Perhaps I haven't been to the right QFC, the urban QFC's like the one in West Seattle are really lacking. I've always liked Fred Meyer as much as any place.

Getting Aldi's here would be great too (since they are about to open tons of stores in Southern Ca maybe it will happen one day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

Old 02-29-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Oh how I miss the grocery shopping we had in Atlanta, especially Dekalb Farmers Market (have yet to find any place with such a selection of produce, meats etc). To give you an idea at any time they probably had 15 varities of apples and the produce section was probably close to the size of an entire Trader Joes. Some great stores here and am so happy to be back home but the market seems to be dominated by chains and the selection is less and price is more than what we were used to. Trader Joes has become our go to place.

Perhaps I haven't been to the right QFC, the urban QFC's like the one in West Seattle are really lacking. I've always liked Fred Meyer as much as any place.

Getting Aldi's here would be great too (since they are about to open tons of stores in Southern Ca maybe it will happen one day)
If sprouts farmers market would consider expanding to seattle that would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area