Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 01:46 AM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder3 View Post
Thanks for the info about the stores.

I agree Bend and Bellingham are both very nice and I would rather live there. I agree Seattle traffic is dreadful. I guess I should have mentioned in my original post there are valid personal reasons I am considering moving to Arlington and Renton. If not for these specific reasons, I would not be interested in living at either place. I agree neither location is ideal but I hope to figure out which is the best for me.

If I live in Arlington, I would rarely need to drive to Seattle. I would probably take a weekly trip to Whole Foods in Lynwood. Also, hopefully there is beautiful hiking in the Cascades not too far from Arlington.

The Whole Foods in Bellevue isn’t too far from Renton. And East King County is nice. But the location of Renton is much more congested than Arlington. I’m not sure how far a drive to quiet hiking?

Is someone familiar with the Centennial Trailhead at Armar Road in Arlington? Is that a quiet safe place to walk?
Reason's you don't care to share, even in general terms? Personally, Arlington and Renton, other than being outside of Seattle, are pretty dissimilar.

Western Washington is chock full of trails. There are multiple guidebooks.

City of Arlington, WA : Trails around Arlington

Hiking near Renton - Best Hikes, Guides, and Trail Maps | EveryTrail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 26,725 times
Thanks for the replies. I will be renting for at least the first year (one-year lease). Sorry, I would rather not share the personal reasons for moving to Arlington or Renton. Trust me, they are valid and important.

I was hoping I would like one property more than the other and this would help in my decision. This was not the case. The properties are similar. There was a third property and location that I ruled out after visiting. That property was the worst.

Any more feedback on Arlington and Renton? Pros/cons of each area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area