Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:37 PM

9,398 posts, read 9,003,721 times

Advertisements

Agreed. I am a big fan, so I am also a big negativer when they lose, and lose a lot. Love/Hate, but it is invented from Love. Playoffs would be nice, and I think that is still in the realm, but this rollercoaster won't get them there. The Boston series at Fenway may be tell-tale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 05:33 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,580,278 times
Well, don't look now but the Seattle Mariners are now just behind the Boston Red Sox for the AL Wildcard Playoff spot. Boston is 67-52 and Seattle is now 64-55. The M's have won 8 of their last 10 games. The Mariner bullpen is shining brightly right now - all right! This is gonna be fun - the way they're playing right now I can really see a Wildcard spot or, wouldn't it be cool to pop the Rangers off the top in the AL West?

It's do-able the way they're playing right now. Baseball seasons are so long - we give up too early sometimes, huh?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:50 PM

9,398 posts, read 9,003,721 times
OK, so let's refresh. Last post here was right before a dismal late August.

"we give up too early sometimes, huh?" Yep. Absolutely.

So I eat crow and realize this team is suddenly hot again. Whether they can catch up in the wildcard here in mid-September remains to be seen, but they are making it fun.

8 in a row. 9 of the past 10. 1.5 out of the WC. Bring it on.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:55 PM

8,198 posts, read 8,400,364 times
If you don't understand the roller coaster, I just read this about the Ms: The 2016 Seattle Mariners are very good (but also kind of bad) - Lookout Landing

Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,440,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
If you don't understand the roller coaster, I just read this about the Ms: The 2016 Seattle Mariners are very good (but also kind of bad) - Lookout Landing
They've been inconsistent this year, but their hotness right now feels different. Two weeks left in the season, they're the hottest team in the league, and still in the playoff hunt. Sure, they may disappoint. And I've been a Mariner fan since the early eighties, so I know how the odds are very strong they'll end up flubbing it up. But now's the time to get excited. How often are they still in the hunt for the playoffs in mid September? Practically never.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,580,278 times
But now's the time to get excited. How often are they still in the hunt for the playoffs in mid September? Practically never.

They've caught my interest - go M's!

Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM

13,826 posts, read 30,066,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
They've been inconsistent this year, but their hotness right now feels different. Two weeks left in the season, they're the hottest team in the league, and still in the playoff hunt. Sure, they may disappoint. And I've been a Mariner fan since the early eighties, so I know how the odds are very strong they'll end up flubbing it up. But now's the time to get excited. How often are they still in the hunt for the playoffs in mid September? Practically never.
2014 was the last time. In it until the final day.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,968 posts, read 82,079,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
2014 was the last time. In it until the final day.
They may be in it until the last day again, but until they actually make it, we will be disappointed. Even if they make it to the Wildcard, does anyone think they can get past the Rangers? My uneducated prediction, it will be 2-3 more years, as some of the younger players get better, and hopefully before the older ones start to slide.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,440,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
They may be in it until the last day again, but until they actually make it, we will be disappointed. Even if they make it to the Wildcard, does anyone think they can get past the Rangers? My uneducated prediction, it will be 2-3 more years, as some of the younger players get better, and hopefully before the older ones start to slide.
Well, I'm a hopeless optimist. The Rangers, on paper, shouldn't be as good as they have been this year. Can they get past the rangers? Unlikely, but possible.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM

3,673 posts, read 3,019,286 times
I will be watching tonight's game when the King is on the mound, should be great. Blue Jays next. Lots of Canadians will be down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area