Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,588 times

Advertisements

RN being recruited to work at Swedish (main campus). Still weighing the pros and cons ( traffic, weather, lack of available housing) so would like to hear about neighbourhoods that would allow me ability to walk, bike or use PT to get to work? Walkable neighbourhood with good restaurants, bars, shopping, parks, etc. it is just me and my small dog!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 01:12 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy2 View Post
RN being recruited to work at Swedish (main campus). Still weighing the pros and cons ( traffic, weather, lack of available housing) so would like to hear about neighbourhoods that would allow me ability to walk, bike or use PT to get to work? Walkable neighbourhood with good restaurants, bars, shopping, parks, etc. it is just me and my small dog!

Thanks in advance!
Hi FoxyRoxy. While I see no problem with what you wrote I am confused about something. If you are being recruited to Swedish (main campus), you know the moving allowance, other stipends and a signing bonus etc. in your recruitment package. If they are missing that would be very unusual. When a facility needs a professional's skills and abilities so much to hire recruiters to find those professionals, extras are always in the package. The same is true if the hospital alone is recruiting.

Most of those packages do not specify how the extra $ or other perks have to be used. At your interview what was recommended for housing? If you want to buy a car, invest it all in your 401 K etc. those are decisions you make.

You say RN, but to be recruited I'm thinking more like MSN, if not your Doctorate. Congratulations on achieving what you have in your specialty area of nursing

I hope you get some insightful answers here. Good luck making your decision.

MSR

Old 06-12-2016, 01:53 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,358,268 times
For walking and biking, look at upper Capitol Hill. First Hill, and the Central District. There are future plans for a BRT line on Madison St., which would give both a fast and frequent transit connection from Madison Valley directly to Swedish in the next few years. Maybe look for a condo, which would protect you from future rent increases.

City Council ready to move Madison bus rapid transit plan forward | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle

Old 06-12-2016, 07:01 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Or go cheaper on Beacon Hill. The 12th Ave bridge means it's not much of a hill on your bike.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:00 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,041,182 times
What is your housing budget? That's key.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:41 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,103 times
I know First Hill has its drawbacks, but honestly, if it were me, I'd probably just try to live there and walk five minutes to work.

First Hill has some hidden gems as far as bars, cafes, and restaurants, and the location is so close to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: