Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 08:01 PM

681 posts, read 1,044,785 times

Advertisements

So here's the deal, I'll be moving to Seattle in about 6 mo. I will be driving across the country from Georgia, I have other threads but this is a new question. I plan to fly out prior to moving to prep a place to live, I also plan to purchase furniture and such, but will need a place to store it in case an apartment or something ins't available when I come out. I seen public storage but they are at the min that I've seen, $60/mo. I guess that's not bad if I can get everything done in a month, but I'm also trying to watch my budget to make it last as long as possible.

so for now just looking for advice on a good safe reliable and not an arm and a leg storage unit.

Thanks! See Seattle soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:20 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,356,808 times
Just buy furniture on Craigslist after you get an apartment. No point in buying it before.

Some places offer the second month free.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:17 PM

14 posts, read 15,907 times
An even cheaper means of getting furniture, https://groups.freecycle.org/group/SeattleWA/posts/all. Between that, Craigslist, and GoodWill, you can get quite a lot if not all of the furniture staples. For things you might want to buy new, (a mattress, perhaps) I'd recommend getting it after you have a place...especially if you don't know how big your place is going to be.

If you do go the storage route, I had a friend use a storage unit one summer and she found them all to be expensive, but chose this one as the RELATIVE cheapest: https://www.publicstorage.com/washin...CHID=LL...that was 2 years ago. I didn't do the research myself, just passing that along.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:48 PM

278 posts, read 335,372 times
When I was in CA and TX, I used Extra Space Storage. In fact, I still currently have a unit rented out in Northern CA where I am storing some of my belongings. They are consistently the cheapest storage company that I have found, and they have locations all over the country including WA.

https://www.extraspace.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: