Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,176 times

Advertisements

When in Rome....! Come to the Big Island of Hawaii if you REALLY want a scare! What's a double yellow line? What's a blinker? Tailgaiting? Mind you, we have no "highways" here. Just 2 lane roads (sometimes windy and/or steep) where the speed limit does not exceed 55 (I guess it looks like 80+ to most people...). I can't count the number of times someone has swerved into my lane or have been FLAT OUT in my lane heading towards me! Or my favorite, passing me on a blind turn! Just look at all of the make shift graves/memorials on the side of the roads here. Sick. By the way, it's NOT the tourists who drive like S heads... The only good thing they do that is not done much anymore, anywhere, is wave or shaka when you let them into traffic. Ahhhhh.....

Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,693 times
The first month I was here..a girl rear ended me. And blamed me for it. She was riding me really hard and all of the sudden I was being tossed around the road!
She got out of her car and was saying "oh my baby! My Baby!" I was worried at first until I saw her rubbing the front bumper of her car!(Her car was at least 10 years old, while I had just bought mine). I asked if she was ok and she didn't answer me. I thought she was just some stuck up college girl or high school student..come to find out she was 6 years older than me. I ended up having to pay to repair her car AND mine. Because she lied to her insurance company and said I didn't use my blinker or something..either way she cheated me..BLAH!!!! Let's just say my first impression of the drivers in Seattle were negative.

But to the OP..yes they do drive a bit too slow for my taste...mod cut: off-topic And a smaller peeve of mine is they like to ride right next to you...

BUT..to be fair...no one drives perfect anywhere

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-22-2008 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: off topic rant precluding others to respond in a response that is also off-topic

Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
People Drive WAY to slow in front of you, then the people behind you are going WAY to fast and are all up on ya! And people do this really annoying thing where they will get in the lanes next to each other and ride next to each other, not letting faster drivers pass! It is SOOO annoying!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:06 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
The majority of drivers in the Seattle area came from somewhere else, that should say something...!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The majority of drivers in the Seattle area came from somewhere else, that should say something...!
Including a large contingent of Californians.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:58 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
People Drive WAY to slow in front of you, then the people behind you are going WAY to fast and are all up on ya! And people do this really annoying thing where they will get in the lanes next to each other and ride next to each other, not letting faster drivers pass! It is SOOO annoying!
Y'know what? When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Life is all about what you believe something has to feel like...

Old 02-21-2008, 12:42 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
I'll chime in here....What scares me are the ones who tail you and stop at a traffic light at the last minute...almost slamming on the brakes.... I get so stressed whenever I'm at a traffic light b/c the guy coming behind me gets so CLOSE that I can't see his headlights. I mean, don't they teach in driver's ed out here that you should at least be able to see the guy's license plate in front of you?

And no....no amount of positive thoughts or just believing something else is going to stop drivers from parking on your tail....that's nice and pretty and I'm sure the unicorns and rainbows will be next...but it is what it is..

Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
the unicorns and rainbows will be next...but it is what it is..
You see unicorns? Wow! How extremely unusual!
Everything in your life is what YOU create. Yup.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:57 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
You are definatly from seattle allforcats. Definatly lol. But i like to focus on whats really there rather than whats in my head. I'm not crazy i swear! But for real allforcats...in all reality that makes no sense and has nothin to do with whats goin on...just confusing!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 PM

56 posts, read 238,792 times
I have lived in Seattle area for over 8 years and still think Seattle drivers suck!!! I agree with everyone's compliants wholeheartly! Even if we somehow added more lanes to highways. The highways would be still backed from slow drivers to afraid to move with traffic speed or slow down 10-15 mph under speedlimit for a sprinkle of rain. Seattle drivers cause more traffic problems by being overly slow, unaware of their surroundings and too timid of weather conditions.

Before I lived in Seattle, I lived in Michigan where if memory serves me right, Michiganders are the best drivers! Not afraid to exceed speed limit to go with the flow of traffic and get the h*** out your way if you are in a hurry and can drive in any weather condition.

Seattlities put the peddle to metal!! please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area