Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 852 times

Advertisements

I was born in the old Doctors Hospital, Jan 57. Grew up in South West Seattle, a couple of blocks inside the line from White Center. Attended Highland Park Elementry, Denny Jr. High and Chief Seatlh HS. I have spend most of my life here. Lived for a time in the bay area, Dallas and KC. But always came back. Now living in Auburn. I am the only native Seattlite in my office. 1 out of 35. Sometimes miss the small town Seattle. The area feels like California at times. It seems like after messing California up, they moved up and and are trying to re-create the same mess they escaped from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 AM

968 posts, read 2,061,721 times
I too was born at Doctors Hospital. Mostly raised in Renton (except 3 years in Germany as an army brat) and went to Renton High School. Lived in various place but nothing beats Seattle area.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:38 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Born on the Yakima Indian Reservation, went to Yakima Valley Community College, then to Central Washington State College, and graduate study at University of Washington. Stayed in Seattle since graduating at UW.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:49 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman8708 View Post
I was born in the old Doctors Hospital, Jan 57. Grew up in South West Seattle, a couple of blocks inside the line from White Center. Attended Highland Park Elementry, Denny Jr. High and Chief Seatlh HS. I have spend most of my life here. Lived for a time in the bay area, Dallas and KC. But always came back. Now living in Auburn. I am the only native Seattlite in my office. 1 out of 35. Sometimes miss the small town Seattle. The area feels like California at times. It seems like after messing California up, they moved up and and are trying to re-create the same mess they escaped from.
'....miss the small town Seattle. ....feels like California.... It seems like after messing California up, they moved up here and are trying to re-create the same mess they escaped from'.
I have that same feeling. Both politically and ecologically, from Everett all the way down to Olympia, and from Elliot Bay to the foothills of the Cascades -it's all one big Los Angeles. It used to be if you left downtown Seattle, in 15 minutes you were out in the country, whichever direction you went eccept West of course.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:30 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,647,570 times
3rd generation. Born at Swedish

Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 AM

253 posts, read 571,252 times
Born at East Alabama Medical Center, Opelika Alabama.

Came out here in Jan 07, left again in March 07, returned in September 07, stayed until March 09, and then will be returning for good in March 12.

My wife however is a native, growing up in Des Moines and Burien (MiL was a flight attendant with Western and then Delta), graduating from Mt. Rainier. She went ahead and moved back in July of this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area