Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin42 View Post
I also don't like when I see people smoking in public. Just like I hate seeing people drinking in public. I also hate how cartoony everything is about the cannabis industry. It just adds to the stereotype I think.

There are 3 dispensaries in Port Angeles that I know of. 1-2 every block? Are you talking about bars/taverns? I hope a dispensary pops up in Sammamish one day. To think of all of those people that have to travel to Issaquah!
An exaggeration perhaps, but across from Walmart there were at least two within a block. This listing shows about 12 of them in PA:
https://wheresweed.com/washington/po...a-dispensaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
And now Presidential spokesman Sean Spicer has indicated that the feds might clamp down on those states that have legalized it for recreational use. Which is stupid, because you can't really selectively enforce states rights.
As far as appearances, there must be a lot of pot smokers, because there are a lot of dispensaries. I have a friend who looks like a total pothead. Long, greasy hair. Bleary eyed, unfocused. Well, not only has he never tried the stuff, he's also a Republican.
I think I'd prefer it if the tax revenue was specifically earmarked( for education, etc), instead of most of it going into the general fund.
Oregon is having protests from the shop owners, because the state is not enforcing the law, and the black market (1/3 of all sales) is booming because there is no tax or regulation, making it a lot cheaper.

Legal pot businesses struggle to compete with black market | KGW.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 11:16 AM

737 posts, read 1,462,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
An exaggeration perhaps, but across from Walmart there were at least two within a block. This listing shows about 12 of them in PA:
https://wheresweed.com/washington/po...a-dispensaries

Oregon is having protests from the shop owners, because the state is not enforcing the law, and the black market (1/3 of all sales) is booming because there is no tax or regulation, making it a lot cheaper.

Legal pot businesses struggle to compete with black market | KGW.com

12, wow! Must be a big demand out that way. Too bad for Oregon I guess.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:04 PM

412 posts, read 386,041 times
Not gonna read all the responses. And I'm not a fan of weed or ANY drug. Have zero intention to pay the supplier or the state. But to some degree, this is money not in the hands of the Sinaloa cartel. Sure they are switching to meth and whatever else. Still about profiting from people's unwillingness to live with clean metabolism. But legalizing is just changing the channels. And as the OP says, there are funds that the anti-tax people won't try to stop.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:10 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
The ganja really helps with my nerve pain from a damaged nerve I incurred from years of being a software developer.. Right Winger/Very Conservative here.. Although, I am more of the Libertarian variety. I grew up in Oregon being the biggest pothead imaginable.. I'm probably one of the few people on this thread who took bong hits from an 10 foot bong that was attached to my friend's stairway in his townhouse which was named "Darth Fader". Yes, it knocked me on my a** after the bong hit, but I am alive to tell the story

Old 02-24-2017, 04:54 PM

The libertarians are the only conservatives who are true to their values. They don't pick and choose their tyrants.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM

458 posts, read 958,302 times
Judging by the article in The Stranger, Washington State is in the crosshairs of this administration and it's only a matter of time before they come gunning and use our legalised pot as an excuse to punish us!

Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 PM

Yeh, so many ways this government, put in there by denying votes to so many people, is going to hurt places like Washington and Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area