Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,841,405 times

Advertisements

So I thought I'd take the opportunity between hands of online poker to list some of the things I like about living in the Seattle area:

It is gorgeous here. I still feel like I live in an enchanted forest. I love that I can drive 15 minutes and be at Snoqualmie Falls, and that 3 of 4 times I've seen deer right by my house. I love how Mt. Rainier is like a ghost mountain that just occasionally majestically appears and takes your breath away. And when the skies are clear, the stars are beautiful.

I love the neighborhood I live in. It is quaint, and pretty, and even though my neighbors sucks, I love the area.

I love the totally Americanized Mexican food you get up here. There are a few places in SoCal that still serve food like that, but not many.

I like the shopping up here. I don't know if it's just because I didn't have a baby when I was in CA, or what, but there are so many places to buy baby stuff up here.

I like all the high end pet stores (like All the Best). There are so many great choices for pet food that you don't have in CA.

I like that traffic isn't bad along I-90.

I like not having to file a state tax return.

I love the hospital up here that I gave birth in. My friends tell me their birth experience were no where near as nice.

If I didn't have a new baby, I'd love the weather. But, with a baby it's a pain always having to heat up the car for 15 minutes before going anywhere, and constantly worrying about keeping baby dry.

Anyway, just thought I'd add something positive, because I'd hate for people to think that I despise everything about living here, because I don't.

V. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM

297 posts, read 1,033,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
It is gorgeous here. I still feel like I live in an enchanted forest. I love that I can drive 15 minutes and be at Snoqualmie Falls, and that 3 of 4 times I've seen deer right by my house. I love how Mt. Rainier is like a ghost mountain that just occasionally majestically appears and takes your breath away. And when the skies are clear, the stars are beautiful.
Do you still live in the Issaquah Highlands, Veronika? I left in Jan 2008 to be in the city. I'm living in Seattle now but I kind of miss all the mountain views like this one.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fuerza View Post
Do you still live in the Issaquah Highlands, Veronika?
Yep still in the Highlands (and will stay here for our entire 4 years, if we stay that long).

I love it up here. I especially like watching the hang gliders in the summer.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,689,651 times
Congratulations on your new baby!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
Congratulations on your new baby!
Thank you!!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:47 AM

365 posts, read 698,159 times
Veronica, I ADORE Mt.Rainer too and ....Ive never even seen it, lol.... Im crazy for mountains, I just think they are the temples from the Heavens, loaned to Earth for a small price of luxury....here in florida it is sooo flat, beautiful of course tho are the beaches, but I would give ANYTHING to see the mountains...I once climbed Yosemite, and when we got to the top, the waterfalls, the lovely cool air at nighttime, and all the GORGEOUS smells made me NEVER want to leave... thanks for sharing your likes list, I found that very sweet and beautiful....I have two kids - one girl who is 20 and a son who is 17, I dont know if I can ever get them to go West, but I would leave Florida in a spit, to be near your world....congratulations on your lovely new baby, dear... sincerely, Luanne in jacksonville beach florida

Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 AM

365 posts, read 698,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_fuerza View Post
Do you still live in the Issaquah Highlands, Veronika? I left in Jan 2008 to be in the city. I'm living in Seattle now but I kind of miss all the mountain views like this one.

thank you for sharing this great photo, LaFuerza!....

Old 03-06-2008, 09:16 AM

533 posts, read 1,167,314 times
Quote:
I love it up here. I especially like watching the hang gliders in the summer.
My former boss used to say he liked watching the hang gliders land in the blackberry bushes near the road - he was kinda evil that way .

We live right below the highlands - I guess the "lowlands", lol: above HD and Fred Meyer. Killer view from the deck when it's clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area