Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times

Advertisements

Out of curiosity, why are people here in Seattle not really caring about a possible issue of a politician, the Mayor of a major U.S. city, having sex with a 15 year old? To me, IMHO, I don't care if the individual, who was at the time a 15 year old male Prostitute and/or drug addict. If this is true, this is wrong and a criminal act... Period and it doesn't matter how long ago this happened.

What if this 15 year old "boy" was YOUR own son or brother, would we, the people, care more about this type criminal activity, if this actually happened? If this 15 year old was my son or brother, I would want justice served regardless if guilty party was politically connected and/or rich with powerful friends with deep pockets to keep him in power.

What does this say about us and our value system or the rule of law, which "I" thought was important and that we all were equal in the eyes of the law.

Or would people care more about the truth if the 15 year old was a female prostitute and/or a Jr. high school student? If so, "we" have some serious problems.

Sorry, but this is far beyond a Republician or Democrat, left vs. right or even a straight/gay issue... IMHO and to me, this isn't about ANY political or social issue at all. It's about a grown man having sex with an underaged person and was or is now, in a position of power and authority within our community. This is simply wrong and if true, he is unfit to hold any public office where he has authority over other people, especially the youth that he might have contact with during his official duties as Mayor... Again, if this is true.

Please don't lessen this criminal act by comparing either President Trump or President Clinton past/present actions to this since it has nothing to do with the Mayor having sex with an underaged person... By doing so, it's a poor attempt to muddy the waters or throw up a smoke screen or to distract people with a shinny new nickel... I just hope that we are not that simple or blindly fall behind our party lines on this serious issue that needs to be fully investigated and not by officials within the Seattle area.

"I" have nothing for or against the Mayor of Seattle and "I" honestly hope that he is truly 100% innocent of the criminal act since crimes against the youth is especially wrong. If he is guilty, I feel that he should be sent to prison, which would happen to the average person for the same type of crime. Sorry, but once a sexual predator, always a sexual preditor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Out of curiosity, why are people here in Seattle not really caring about a possible issue of a politician, the Mayor of a major U.S. city, having sex with a 15 year old?

Sorry, but this is far beyond a Republician or Democrat, left vs. right or even a straight/gay issue....
Actually these are probably the reasons why, Seattleites tend to get blinded by their political leanings so much that they aren't seeming to care as much about this issue. Now if there had been an R attached to the back of their name, like Dave Reichert just for argument's sake, oh boy would this be an issue in Seattle.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 PM

236 posts, read 289,516 times
First of all, we don't know all the evidence. I'm not on a jury and I haven't heard both sides so I'm not ready to make a judgement.

Second, At this point, I am so used to hearing about sexual misconduct in politicians, teachers ( tad cummins) and the clergy that nothing surprises me anymore - the outrage that I may have felt 10 or even 5 years ago isn't there anymore.

Let's find out what happened and see what the courts do about it.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:35 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,068 times
If he's not convicted or fired I sure hope he can turn his attention to our patched pot hole ridden roads, but I suppose that's too much to ask for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: