Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM

129 posts, read 224,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
LMAO
It used to be but now it's almost like a geographical term where I come from that separates us from "Hillbillies" we even joke about it when we meet a "hillbillie". Hillbillies do usually have mountains but last I knew was rednecks were from the states of Texas La. Miss, Ala and Fla. and hillbillies the rest of the southern states including parts of Ok. When I lived in Ok I saw many Hillbillies in eastern Ok and rednecks in western Ok . Some may disagree but I am very close .

It IS a far drive, when we got priced out of Everett , my husband had to get up at 3 am to make the 66 mile commute to be there at 5:30 clock in . Got off at 4pm and sometimes didn't get home until 7:30+pm
I feel like you seriously need to get out of there.

That place, along with the rest of the valley area, is not only far but a complete death trap. There will be zero chance of getting away if the volcano ever goes off.

Plus, real trade skills like that shouldn't be wasted.

You also need to kick out that 18 yo. Can't help others unless your well off. Drop him off at a social services center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 05:51 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walch1007 View Post
I feel like you seriously need to get out of there.

That place, along with the rest of the valley area, is not only far but a complete death trap. There will be zero chance of getting away if the volcano ever goes off.

Plus, real trade skills like that shouldn't be wasted.

You also need to kick out that 18 yo. Can't help others unless your well off. Drop him off at a social services center.
Yes we do . Absolutely .

He starts nursing school on the 24th and has already committed to it . Its just a month to get a CNA to be able to get his RN easier elsewhere. If anything else prevents this from starting I am so stuck in this lease he will have to go first and NEXT April will be the end of this lease ( they made us sign a month ago to avoid it being even higher NOTHING in this school district was available at all - we looked constantly )unless I can find someone qualified to take it over or cash out 3500 to break it which you know I don't have . He and all the people he worked with were all laid off in Dec for all half price workers from another country . The reviews are horrendous. People are MAD .

I talked to the school and his MOM today and I swear these people are crazy , just crazy . He is coughing so badly right now I wonder if he DOES have TB . His mom used me as a psychiatrist until I asked her to please not , I am having severe trouble getting along and if we are evicted from here -well its the end . He is in there now working on his homework . She asked if i could keep him one more night while she pleads with her new husband . They did know where he was . I told her at WORST you have 8 weeks left and then you can put him out but for now you HAVE TO TAKE HIM HOME .. then she talked about all this &@%# until I said I had to go . I called the counselor back at his request and let him know she doesn't seem interested and I am trying hard not to call the law. . The school and I are trying to get him out of here without the cops . He is almost ready to graduate .

Old 04-18-2017, 06:58 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I'd say that's not fair but that would be...not fair. Yikes, DutchessCottonPuff, you are being plopped upon. Gotta take our Foghat's off ta ya. Hang in there and make the best decisions you can. Give your husband my regards - we have both been through The Boeing Commercial Airplane Co. Mill tagether. Which is a story I am not prepared to drudge report up right now. Full up - full of...that.

I got a call from a Manager in NC today about a job in mid-Missouri. It's one in which I would run the ship myself...perfect for a stubborn, Norwegian Seattleite like myself. I filled out the online application tonight and next comes an interview with the National Boss of this Co. (talked to him this afternoon) and my Manager (who will manage our Office from North Carolina). So far it sounds like I would need to take 3 patients a night - instead of 2 - IOW's - I will be blitzkriegin' busy each and every night for 3 nights in a row. Then I'll get my 4 days off. I can live with that. I will demand a really good hourly rate - oh, he said we all get $40 a night more if we agree to take 3 patients a night - and if they have nighttime pay differentials too - I will be paid a salary Mrs. elkotronics and I can really live with. The job is set in a small hospital in this small mid-MO town - we aim ta live downtown by the hospital, so, perhaps the Mrs. can get a job - she's a prep cook - in the hospital or another institution like a nursing home downtown somewhere too. So we can save for retirement - I'm planning roughly another 4 years of full time Allied Healthcare work and I'm done. And done.

If we need to we'll vacuum Ross Dress For Less parttime ta earn healthcare insurance money until our Medicare kicks in at 65. That's the plan - I'll reveal the MO town's name once I land the gig - we might just decide ta retire there if we like it fine. More on our plans later - sound like your Dr. Phil helpin' hands are chock full, Dutchess. I'll let ya get back to it! Sending you good vibes ta help you out!

Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM

129 posts, read 224,521 times
Where are these low priced workers coming from? They gotta have a work visa...I thought you can't have a work visa on salary under 60k. Or are they refugees?

Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 AM

765 posts, read 898,859 times
I would give Tacoma a shot. The North end (Downtown, Stadium, 6th ave, North Slope, Proctor, Old Town, Ruston) is great. Lincoln district in East side has a large Asian population, if that is important to you, and is a great neighborhood as well. Just stay north of 38th.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I'd say that's not fair but that would be...not fair. Yikes, DutchessCottonPuff, you are being plopped upon. Gotta take our Foghat's off ta ya. Hang in there and make the best decisions you can. Give your husband my regards - we have both been through The Boeing Commercial Airplane Co. Mill tagether. Which is a story I am not prepared to drudge report up right now. Full up - full of...that.

I got a call from a Manager in NC today about a job in mid-Missouri. It's one in which I would run the ship myself...perfect for a stubborn, Norwegian Seattleite like myself. I filled out the online application tonight and next comes an interview with the National Boss of this Co. (talked to him this afternoon) and my Manager (who will manage our Office from North Carolina). So far it sounds like I would need to take 3 patients a night - instead of 2 - IOW's - I will be blitzkriegin' busy each and every night for 3 nights in a row. Then I'll get my 4 days off. I can live with that. I will demand a really good hourly rate - oh, he said we all get $40 a night more if we agree to take 3 patients a night - and if they have nighttime pay differentials too - I will be paid a salary Mrs. elkotronics and I can really live with. The job is set in a small hospital in this small mid-MO town - we aim ta live downtown by the hospital, so, perhaps the Mrs. can get a job - she's a prep cook - in the hospital or another institution like a nursing home downtown somewhere too. So we can save for retirement - I'm planning roughly another 4 years of full time Allied Healthcare work and I'm done. And done.

If we need to we'll vacuum Ross Dress For Less parttime ta earn healthcare insurance money until our Medicare kicks in at 65. That's the plan - I'll reveal the MO town's name once I land the gig - we might just decide ta retire there if we like it fine. More on our plans later - sound like your Dr. Phil helpin' hands are chock full, Dutchess. I'll let ya get back to it! Sending you good vibes ta help you out!

OMG thats great !!! Just the best news !!!! You won't have to move SO FAR !!! Plus the hours , pay just everything .. I am soooo jealous .You are going to be able to save and get benefits , thats just THE BEST , VERY HAPPY for you .
I did manage to get the 18 year old safely back home . Whew .

Old 04-19-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walch1007 View Post
Where are these low priced workers coming from? They gotta have a work visa...I thought you can't have a work visa on salary under 60k. Or are they refugees?
Bear in mind he is from Europe and he told me they look to be Spanish (Spain) but believes they are actually from Colombia . It's hourly for the mechanics in aviation so I am not sure about that law but I do know most everyone that was older, knew what they were doing , had MANY years ( 30 in ours) of experience trained these people because they were very VERY busy correcting serious mistakes - it was determined they needed to be retrained then after they all retrained them the longtime mechs were laid off.

Then of course on the company FB page they were shown happily working while the rest of us they called from everywhere , suddenly, some years back were laid off . Just directly before Christmas -no notice - not like they have to but that time of year is not easy to just get a new job suddenly when you have this giant aviation resume. It takes weeks during normal times.

I think I am most surprised at how many quit aviation altogether after this - not work , but aviation . Everyone is trying to go back home from Miami to NY to Cal, just everywhere . No one will work there and 1. Be responsible for the work done and 2.Be laid off 2-3 times a year anymore with this weird slight drop in pay every year for the last 5 years . Sick of it . The company is officially blaming it on Wa min wage but no one is believing that - we've been paid alot more elsewhere. NO one is happy that the wages/ hours/OT promised to get all these great mechs ( and they truly are) in one place never happened.

One of our longtime friends from many aviation jobs, is back home in Miami driving a garbage truck for more $$ and better benefits

Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 AM

Is he still coughing up a lung? Might just be a case of pneumonia... which is really serious, actually. Hope he's gonna get ta feeling better.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Yes we do . Absolutely .

He starts nursing school on the 24th and has already committed to it . Its just a month to get a CNA to be able to get his RN easier elsewhere. If anything else prevents this from starting I am so stuck in this lease he will have to go first and NEXT April will be the end of this lease ( they made us sign a month ago to avoid it being even higher NOTHING in this school district was available at all - we looked constantly )unless I can find someone qualified to take it over or cash out 3500 to break it which you know I don't have . He and all the people he worked with were all laid off in Dec for all half price workers from another country . The reviews are horrendous. People are MAD .

I talked to the school and his MOM today and I swear these people are crazy , just crazy . He is coughing so badly right now I wonder if he DOES have TB . His mom used me as a psychiatrist until I asked her to please not , I am having severe trouble getting along and if we are evicted from here -well its the end . He is in there now working on his homework . She asked if i could keep him one more night while she pleads with her new husband . They did know where he was . I told her at WORST you have 8 weeks left and then you can put him out but for now you HAVE TO TAKE HIM HOME .. then she talked about all this &@%# until I said I had to go . I called the counselor back at his request and let him know she doesn't seem interested and I am trying hard not to call the law. . The school and I are trying to get him out of here without the cops . He is almost ready to graduate .
So sorry to hear what you are going through. Really hoping it gets better soon and really feeling for that 18 year old. Is he considering joining the military? Honestly it sounds like a good idea to get him away from such a family. Pretty sure they would expect him to graduate but maybe they could help or have suggestions for the next eight weeks. Cannot fathom how a parent could do that to their child. Also, poor kid should go to ER and get his lungs checked.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:00 PM

DutchessCottonPuff - I sincerely hope things get better for you guys soon. Hang in there - life can really throw all of us some serious Felix Hernandez heat from time ta time. And I don't hit straight fastball pitching all that well. Especially not from him. Never tried hitting him, but, well...you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area