Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,038 times

Advertisements

Hello Seattle,

I received a job offer from a local company near Boeing Field and I'm looking for recommendations for a 1B_1Br furnished apartment (a studio might be an option too) within 20 minutes (driving) of Boeing Field.

I am single, no pets, and I'm willing to spend up to 2k a month for an ideal place but preferably around 1.7k.
So an ideal place will be a relatively modern apartment (late 80s-90s), safe and quiet neighborhood, good parking situation, plenty of nearby stores
Patio/balcony is a plus

I've done some research and prices swing wildly around that 20min radius so I'm open to any and all recommendations on what areas to avoid and what areas to look for.

Thank you for your time!

-J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:04 AM

128 posts, read 147,927 times
Kent and Auburn may be your best bet for a cheaper apartment. Areas around SeaTac are not very safe but may be cheap(er). If you are working for Boeing, check with your future coworkers to see if they know of any moves within the company to move your work group to a different site. I know someone that worked near Boeing field and lived nearby, then Boeing moved their office to Everett and their 15 min commute turned into a daily nightmare that can only be avoided by going into work at 6AM.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:24 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Hey Joe! West Seattle is great if you can afford it. Living toward the south end of it (Endolyne, Fauntleroy area) can be a little more affordable and would let you slide across White Center to Boeing Field without messing with the West Seattle Bridge.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
The Landing in Renton is close, and the apartments start below and within your range, are fairly new, but are not furnished. With the traffic in the area getting to Boeing Field, you may be better off renting furniture and living as close as possible. The Landing also has retail, a theater and restaurants.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:02 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Look at Burien, too.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
If you choose West Seattle, agree with staying closer to south/White Center to avoid WSB. That area is still slightly sketch, so visit before you decide.

I will add Columbia City, Beacon Hill, and maybe even around Seward Park. 1.7k-2k is a decent amount to work with especially south of I-90. The best part - no bridges to cross. Good luck!

Old 05-16-2017, 11:41 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Rather than chose a single place studio or 1bdrm. Look for shared housing of 1-6 months, so that you can evaluate locations and the job, better.
So are you on the Boeing side or the King County side of the airport?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
I agree Ruth. Columbia City is vibrant and fantastic but pretty expensive these days, the OP might be able to pull it off with a smaller or less modern unit. Although there are somewhat limited housing options, Georgetown is a great place too and should be added to this poster's list. That would be a super commute fit to Boeing Field. Burien (especially near the shops and cafes of Olde Burien) is a good place to live but can be rather sedate.

It is worth pointing out that the Endolyne/Fauntleroy area of West Seattle is geographically separate from White Center. White Center, by the way, is transforming pretty rapidly but still maintains "authenticity": little artists' workshops, hole in the wall ethnic eateries. It can be a bit rough around the edges but would probably seem pretty tame if the poster is coming from another large urban area in the US.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 05-17-2017 at 07:45 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I agree Ruth. Columbia City is vibrant and fantastic but pretty expensive these days, the OP might be able to pull it off with a smaller or less modern unit. Although there are somewhat limited housing options, Georgetown is a great place too and should be added to this poster's list. That would be a super commute fit to Boeing Field. Burien (especially near the shops and cafes of Olde Burien) is a good place to live but can be rather sedate.

It is worth pointing out that the Endolyne/Fauntleroy area of West Seattle is geographically separate from White Center. White Center, by the way, is transforming pretty rapidly but still maintains "authenticity": little artists' workshops, hole in the wall ethnic eateries. It can be a bit rough around the edges but would probably seem pretty tame if the poster is coming from another large urban area in the US.
That's what my friend in W Seattle says; White Ctr--no way. And I've seen it posted here that a good rule of thumb is to stay on the west side of 35th.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Agree with Ruth. Is "authentic" the new "cozy"? Just kidding... :-) Definitely check out these neighborhoods before you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area