Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 05:42 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC22 View Post
THIS is about the best description I have read about the Truth about Marijuana and Opiates... I don't know what kind of evil the OP has experienced concerning Marijuana, but people don't get addicted to Marijuana. People can like smoking Marijuana, like the high, but if you are too poor to buy it, it isn't a big deal... I guess there could be a condition in which people have to have the high, but in that case, Marijuana isn't their problem.

I smoked as a kid, but I never needed it... I'm in my 40's now, and have never to this day met one person that smokes weed that is unemployed. I have never seen someone pull up their couch cushions looking for change to buy a dime bag... For Alcohol, yes... Myself plenty of times when I was younger.

The Nancy Reagan spawned "Drug War" commercials of the 80's and 90's always featured Marijuana because it's the only "drug" that competes with and destroys, quite literally, everything Big Pharma can create. Apparently that phobia still exists to this day.

Has anybody ever seen a "Don't do crack" commercial? Cocaine? Heroin? Meth? Yeah, there is obviously public warnings and news reports about those drugs, but not commercials with a kid on a skateboard telling his buddy to make sure to hide the needle tracks, because this "Heroin is the best"

There is a distinct reason for that... Those drugs have ZERO medicinal value, and hence don't threaten the Pharma profits... It's as plain as day.

These days, as a Combat Veteran, I could use Marijuana, but not sitting around smoking a joint. As you stated, it is much different these days and is probably spiked with an illicit drug as well. I don't know anyone that smokes, just fellow Veterans that use CBD's for pain... Some have a spray that has very little THC and doesn't make them high at all... Nobody I have talked to since the War wants to get high. Period.

I am a big proponent for legal weed everywhere, sure some will lay around and smoke all day and support Little Debbie and Pizza Hut, but many others will delve into the healing effects of the whole cannabis plant.

I watched a 7 part documentary called "The Sacred Plant" this Spring for free, in which people use cannabis in their better health journey. I don't see any way to watch all 7 episodes for free now, but the first is free at this link. Throughout the episodes, the creator asks you to buy the series on DVD or on a flash drive if I remember correctly, which I have no problem with, but I didn't have it in the budget at the time. It was $99 or so... If you subscribe or email them, they will update you on future online free access, it's along the lines of other Documentaries that are Grass roots funded like "The Truth about Cancer"...

I'm in no way affiliated with these documentaries, and don't earn a penny recommending them...

"Don't Steal, The Government Hates Competition"... Ron Paul

https://thesacredplant.com/
+1 to this post THank you for your service to our country.

Both CBD and THC have a considerable amount of healing and medicinal properties. They have done studies showing that CBD can promote bone regeneration. I have used THC to help clear my lungs during a bout of asthma. Weed knocks out depression quicker than any anti-depressant without the gnarly side effects of anti-depressants, which have been proven through many studies to cause all type of neurological and physiological problems with prolonged use. Of course, what it does for nerve pain is amazing. This is just the beginning of the medicinal benefits of marijuana. Actually, CBD is not nearly as effective if taken in isolation and works much more synergistic in combination with THC, even a small amount. Many CBD buds have around 6-9% CBD and at least 5-6% THC in them. The psychoactive effects of the THC may be a little overwhelming for some. I grew up around a bunch of hippies and smoking a lot of weed, so I always enjoy the cerebral and surreal effects of the high THC weed However, in this day and age there are so many varieties of marijuana specially bred to suit every type of smoker. Whether they just want a more mild, but uplifting type of high or if you want to go for a powerful, cerebral and somewhat psychedelic experience. There are even some varieties of pure Indica weeds that work way better than sleeping pills and knock me right to sleep, without feeling drowsy or horrible the next day.

As far as chemicals and such, most weed you buy is considerably more natural than even the tomatoes you buy in the store. Most weed growers do not use pesticides and will use organic fertilizers, as these produce a much more flavorful, beautiful and higher quality weed. Of course, some weed, like your vegetables or fruit you eat will be grown with synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. The marijuana you buy in the stores though is completely natural (except for potential fertilizers, pesticides) and not genetically modified, except through hybridization. But, then most of the food we eat these days are the product of hybridized genetics. When I was in Amsterdam in the 90s, the weed was very "chemmie", as we called it back in the day. That is, the DUtch really loved using their chemicals to grow the fastest and most potent weed. I was shocked when visiting from Oregon at how potent, yet harsh it was on my lungs. However, in this day and age, with the awareness of organic farming and its benefits, you will find most weed is a majority organic, with minimal chemical fertilization and usually natural pesticides, like cayenne pepper, lady bugs, neem oil, etc.

I am suffering from serious nerve condition in my neck from too many years as a software developer. The medicinal weed and other herbs I take really do help a lot. Marijuana works amazingly at knocking down nerve pain. I was literally crippled and constantly in pain for months before taking one puff.

Yes, for those of us who have done the research it starts making more and more sense why "Big Brother" doesn't want us to be smoking the ganja. If the Big Pharmaceutical companies don't get their cut and it cuts into their very prosperous opiate business, they are going to lose a lot of revenue. You know what drug lords do when they start losing money? Now, imagine a drug cartel that owns all our politicians and makes those bandits in Mexico and South AMerica looks like small potatoes. El Chapo may be the biggest drug kingpin in the world, but even he is just a flea compared to these big powerful pharmaceutical companies.

After I lost my job and incurred my nerve injury I went through a deep stage of depression. I was drinking very heavily and it was draining my finances and I could see it destroying my body. Alcohol is a real killer of a drug and has destroyed so many people and families. If any drug should be labelled "Gateway Drug", it should be alcohol. Marijuana at worse can make people a bit lazy, but alcohol is even worse. Even too much television , video games or anything can be habit forming and make you lazy. That is why people need discipline. As far as health concerns, most potato chips in our grocery stores are more toxic to your health than weed. Just look at all the deadly preservatives and artifical ingredients they put into a good majority of our food still.

I stopped the heavy drinking, just have a beer or whiskey every now and again. Smoke a small amount of the herbs, usually in the evening. My body has never felt better. I have noticed a huge improvement in my health, thinking and have lost 20lbs since I quit my drinking ordeal I started a couple years ago.

Ron Paul's slogan is 100% accurate.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 09-02-2017 at 06:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 09:10 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post

Both CBD and THC have a considerable amount of healing and medicinal properties. They have done studies showing that CBD can promote bone regeneration. I have used THC to help clear my lungs during a bout of asthma. Weed knocks out depression quicker than any anti-depressant without the gnarly side effects of anti-depressants, which have been proven through many studies to cause all type of neurological and physiological problems with prolonged use. Of course, what it does for nerve pain is amazing. This is just the beginning of the medicinal benefits of marijuana. Actually, CBD is not nearly as effective if taken in isolation and works much more synergistic in combination with THC, even a small amount. Many CBD buds have around 6-9% CBD and at least 5-6% THC in them. The psychoactive effects of the THC may be a little overwhelming for some. I grew up around a bunch of hippies and smoking a lot of weed, so I always enjoy the cerebral and surreal effects of the high THC weed However, in this day and age there are so many varieties of marijuana specially bred to suit every type of smoker. Whether they just want a more mild, but uplifting type of high or if you want to go for a powerful, cerebral and somewhat psychedelic experience. There are even some varieties of pure Indica weeds that work way better than sleeping pills and knock me right to sleep, without feeling drowsy or horrible the next day.

As far as chemicals and such, most weed you buy is considerably more natural than even the tomatoes you buy in the store. Most weed growers do not use pesticides and will use organic fertilizers, as these produce a much more flavorful, beautiful and higher quality weed. Of course, some weed, like your vegetables or fruit you eat will be grown with synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. The marijuana you buy in the stores though is completely natural (except for potential fertilizers, pesticides) and not genetically modified, except through hybridization. But, then most of the food we eat these days are the product of hybridized genetics. When I was in Amsterdam in the 90s, the weed was very "chemmie", as we called it back in the day. That is, the DUtch really loved using their chemicals to grow the fastest and most potent weed. I was shocked when visiting from Oregon at how potent, yet harsh it was on my lungs. However, in this day and age, with the awareness of organic farming and its benefits, you will find most weed is a majority organic, with minimal chemical fertilization and usually natural pesticides, like cayenne pepper, lady bugs, neem oil, etc.

I am suffering from serious nerve condition in my neck from too many years as a software developer. The medicinal weed and other herbs I take really do help a lot. Marijuana works amazingly at knocking down nerve pain. I was literally crippled and constantly in pain for months before taking one puff.

Yes, for those of us who have done the research it starts making more and more sense why "Big Brother" doesn't want us to be smoking the ganja. If the Big Pharmaceutical companies don't get their cut and it cuts into their very prosperous opiate business, they are going to lose a lot of revenue. You know what drug lords do when they start losing money? Now, imagine a drug cartel that owns all our politicians and makes those bandits in Mexico and South AMerica looks like small potatoes. El Chapo may be the biggest drug kingpin in the world, but even he is just a flea compared to these big powerful pharmaceutical companies.

After I lost my job and incurred my nerve injury I went through a deep stage of depression. I was drinking very heavily and it was draining my finances and I could see it destroying my body. Alcohol is a real killer of a drug and has destroyed so many people and families. If any drug should be labelled "Gateway Drug", it should be alcohol. Marijuana at worse can make people a bit lazy, but alcohol is even worse. Even too much television , video games or anything can be habit forming and make you lazy. That is why people need discipline. As far as health concerns, most potato chips in our grocery stores are more toxic to your health than weed. Just look at all the deadly preservatives and artifical ingredients they put into a good majority of our food still.

I stopped the heavy drinking, just have a beer or whiskey every now and again. Smoke a small amount of the herbs, usually in the evening. My body has never felt better. I have noticed a huge improvement in my health, thinking and have lost 20lbs since I quit my drinking ordeal I started a couple years ago.

I think this is the first full post I have ever read by Rotse. I saw "CBD" and knew to keep reading. Great post.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:34 PM

29 posts, read 27,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post

Yep, all good points... The Drug companies are huge cartels, that's all there is to it. I heard they were thinking of pulling their idiotic commercials because 3/4 of the commercial is describing the side effects of the drugs, including coma and death.

Nobody has EVER overdosed on weed... It's not possible, and if you smoke too much, you know it and don't want another hit. Deaths from PRESCRIBED doses of pharma drugs are the leading killer in the US. That figure has nothing to do with people taking boatloads of painkillers and not waking up.

I figured Amsterdam would be completely organic.

I agree 100% on alcohol. You don't see loads of depressed people that need to go to the bar to smoke up and drown their sorrows. I have a love / hate relationship with beer... I am well past the 18 pack of Busch Light, can't even smell that now without almost hurling, but I love a good craft beer. I never though I would be a beer snob, but I can't deal with anything besides Porters and Stouts.

I need to find a good mixture to clear my lungs, especially being downwind of constant fire smoke this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area