Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:24 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,795,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Seattle is currently ranked as the fourth-fittest city in the US. Miami doesn't even make the top 10.
Miami is a huge metro and if you remove the older population and perhaps some of the impoverished neighborhoods you probably would have the most fit metro in the country. Think about it, hot weather year round, beautiful beaches and a huge party and clubbing culture. People go out of their way to show off their bodies at South Beach. The best we have in Seattle is Alki Beach and Green Lake park and trust me, those guys going shirtless at those places better keep their shirts on at South Beach. People forget that Florida's huge elderly population can definitely throw off statistics, as many people over 55 are overweight compared to younger generation.

Alki Beach Bodies

South Beach Bodies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 06:42 PM

102,062 posts, read 106,967,400 times
Rotse, there's no difference between the two picks. You chose the wrong pics, lol.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Rotse, there's no difference between the two picks. You chose the wrong pics, lol.
Ruth, seriously??

I guess if you think pale people with no muscle tone and a bit of flab are more attractive, than beautifully tanned, nicely toned and athletic looking people then I guess there would be no difference. However, I think most people will think it is a pretty simple choice of who is more attractive in each picture. I also did choose one of the better pics I could find of the Alki Beach bodies, as some where just too gross to post on the forum .

However, I will say the people in both pictures probably have equally good genetics, it is just that the South Beach people spend a lot of time working on their bodies and get a nice real tan.

Seriously, walking around Green Lake in the summer I am shocked of the number of fat, pale beer gut guys I see walking shirtless.. Most of the women will be wearing air buds, some funky t-shirt, too many tattoos and f'ugly sweatpants, even on a nice day. Forget bikinis or revealing bathing suits. If you are lucky you get to see a girl wearing the very tight yoga pants, which is still the minority. There is a reason for this, most women just don't have the figures that they feel comfortable showing off to the world. Of course, the women here are way more shy and don't even like looking too sexually attractive either. Women, in general, are even more sensitive than men are to this. Hence, why I only get the luxury of seeing shirtless beer gut males on a nice, warm Seattle summer day

Old 01-24-2018, 03:27 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,809,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Ruth, seriously??

I guess if you think pale people with no muscle tone and a bit of flab are more attractive, than beautifully tanned, nicely toned and athletic looking people then I guess there would be no difference. However, I think most people will think it is a pretty simple choice of who is more attractive in each picture. I also did choose one of the better pics I could find of the Alki Beach bodies, as some where just too gross to post on the forum .

However, I will say the people in both pictures probably have equally good genetics, it is just that the South Beach people spend a lot of time working on their bodies and get a nice real tan.

Seriously, walking around Green Lake in the summer I am shocked of the number of fat, pale beer gut guys I see walking shirtless.. Most of the women will be wearing air buds, some funky t-shirt, too many tattoos and f'ugly sweatpants, even on a nice day. Forget bikinis or revealing bathing suits. If you are lucky you get to see a girl wearing the very tight yoga pants, which is still the minority. There is a reason for this, most women just don't have the figures that they feel comfortable showing off to the world. Of course, the women here are way more shy and don't even like looking too sexually attractive either. Women, in general, are even more sensitive than men are to this. Hence, why I only get the luxury of seeing shirtless beer gut males on a nice, warm Seattle summer day
Yea, I have to agree: the girls in the Miami pics don't really look all that toned to me, it looks more like that... youth leanness. The ladies of Alki look a bit older, but I would be inclined to think they're more toned than the Miami girls actually.

But Rotse.... you're not diggin' the Dad Bod? . It's trendy now.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:05 AM

1,155 posts, read 955,330 times
All tanning is skin damage, unless it's a sprayed-on cosmetic of some kind. There is no such thing as a safe tan, according to the FDA. When I look at people who have deliberately sought a tan (skin damage), I wonder at their mental capacity. Why would a person actively court skin cancer and premature aging, when the risks are well known and it's easy to avoid the damage caused by tanning?

I like the way women in Seattle dress. They are not decorating themselves to parade for the male gaze. I see lots of women wearing practical, comfortable clothes, and that pleases me. But then I'm a woman.

As far as genetics go, I used to pick up my kids from a very large high school on the Eastside. When classes were dismissed and the kids would stream out of the building, I'd marvel at how good-looking most of the boys and girls were naturally. Athletic, well-proportioned, often tall, with good bone structure and great hair. You don't see that kind of genetic talent in certain other areas of the country. I got the same impression as a student at UW. Great-looking young people who deliberately dressed down and dismissed any kind of cosmetic gilding of the lily as unnecessary and unwanted.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:11 AM

513 posts, read 494,367 times
Rotse, should you consider a move to Miami?

Also, we should start a thread about how ugly all the guys are in Seattle, and how they are so much hotter in (NYC, Miami, LA, etc.) We could then post pictures of the Jersey Shore with musclebound guys and say "why is it these guys care about themselves and their looks, unlike the slobs in Seattle who aren't working out and gelling their hair".

It's only fair.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,652,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Ruth, seriously??

You picked a Seattle picture that shows girls with abs who are actually doing exercise, and a Miami picture of girls with very little muscle at all. Did you intentionally pick photos that showed the opposite of your point about "nicely toned and athletic looking people"?

Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
You picked a Seattle picture that shows girls with abs who are actually doing exercise, and a Miami picture of girls with very little muscle at all. Did you intentionally pick photos that showed the opposite of your point about "nicely toned and athletic looking people"?
I'm not sure why people are getting their panties tied into a knot.. Sheesh..

I did not intentionally try to pick ugly people for the Alki Beach Bodies pic.. In fact, I picked about the best picture I could google for my Alki vs South Beach bodies. Also, if anyone even bothered reading my other posts on the thread, I was stating that I find women in Seattle to be very attractive, but they just don't really get their bodies into top notch shape, dress sloppy and wear minimal makeup. Basically, most Seattle girls dress like tomboys, more or less. It is just the trendy style here.

However, I can tell you have not spent a lot of time in fitness if you think those South Beach girls have less muscle than the Alki Beach girls. Just look at the toothpick legs of the Alki girls compared to the thick, toned and smooth legs of the South Beach girls. Yes, they are not in horrible shape, by any means and thin. I could have posted some of the other Alki Beach girls pics I found, but that wouldn't be fair.. Hey, to each their own, some people prefer skinny and pale gals; beauty is in the eye of the beholder Also, I was comparing the guys as well. People think I left the guy out of this analysis. Did I not mention all the shirtless, pale beer belly flabby guys I get to see on a lovely summer day walking around Green Lake..

Anyway, I apologize for people getting so worked up over this.. Geez.. Everyone is entitled to be attracted to what they like. That is America. That is freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie13 View Post
All tanning is skin damage, unless it's a sprayed-on cosmetic of some kind. There is no such thing as a safe tan, according to the FDA.
Screw the FDA.. Tanning does not cause skin damage, burning your skin causes damage. Tanning is very natural is just the result of increase melanin concentration in the skin. In fact, a good tan is a sign of healthy sun exposure and an indication that your Vitamin D levels are optimized. People have been out in the sun for 1000000s of years, yet cancer is increasing. This has much more to do than just sunshine. Is there any coincidence that so many auto-immune diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Autism, Parkinsons, etc are much, much higher in the Northern Hemisphere versus the Equatorial regions? Do some research. Yes, excess tanning and burning will wrinkle your skin and can damage it, but not gradual tanning. And, the more tan you are, the more resilient your skin becomes to burning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
Rotse, should you consider a move to Miami?

Also, we should start a thread about how ugly all the guys are in Seattle, and how they are so much hotter in (NYC, Miami, LA, etc.) We could then post pictures of the Jersey Shore with musclebound guys and say "why is it these guys care about themselves and their looks, unlike the slobs in Seattle who aren't working out and gelling their hair".

It's only fair.
I'll pass on Miami. Too expensive, muggy, hurricanes, crime, etc. I was considering Tampa, but I have decided that maybe I will relocate to Tennessee or Colorado, instead. T here is more to life than beautiful women with sexy beach bodies.. But, I certainly would like to visit.. Anyway, I was just commenting on this thread, it has nothing to do where I wish to live. But, I am not the only person who believes South Beach has perhaps the most beautiful people in our country. Los Angeles also has a lot of beautiful women (and men), but you could only bring my corpse to that city; since I would never voluntarily live there.

And, please do not knock on Seattle's men, they are among the sexiest in the world

Old 01-24-2018, 03:52 PM

513 posts, read 494,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotsecherut View Post

and, please do not knock on seattle's men, they are among the sexiest in the world
That picture and response was great! :-)

Old 01-24-2018, 08:28 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,596,690 times
Think I've said this in another thread, but Seattle's got some of the most in shape white women I've ever seen to this day.

May not be fashion models when it comes to facial features, but definitely a ton of women with very nice physiques.

Any guy that says other wise is delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area