Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 11:13 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,150 times

Advertisements

saw a video of Alex Jones being attacked by a goblin in Seattle and it got me thinking: I hope this isn't a good representation of the people who live there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 11:21 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,734,754 times
Shallow much? I guess many of us in Seattle are more focused on ability to contribute and innovate than looks. But then we aren't from West Hollywood.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:25 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

What's wrong with the guy in the photo? Is that who you're calling a "goblin"? Why?

Old 08-23-2017, 11:47 AM

20,860 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Everybody in Seattle looks like this.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:52 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
And I imagine you are a good representation of people from West Hollywood.

But to be sure: Yes, we're all overweight, unshaved, socially challenged, brainy, celebrity-eating goblins.

IF YOU COME HERE YOU WILL TURN BUTT UGLY.

PLEASE let the rest of California know so they can stop moving up here and raising our cost of living index.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Shallow much? I guess many of us in Seattle are more focused on ability to contribute and innovate than looks. But then we aren't from West Hollywood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

What's wrong with the guy in the photo? Is that who you're calling a "goblin"? Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Everybody in Seattle looks like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

But to be sure: Yes, we're all overweight, unshaved, socially challenged, brainy, celebrity-eating goblins.

PLEASE let the rest of California know so they can stop moving up here and raising our cost of living index.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

It's true! Don't come here! Save yourselves!

Old 08-23-2017, 02:10 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,198,110 times
The Alex Jones video goblin is a pretty good representation of the women of Seattle.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Lot's of young pretty girls in Seattle. You just have to look past the sweatshirts and somewhat pathetic fashion. Seattle's fashion is somewhat of a blend of a trailer park with traditional Northwest rural flannel/outdoorsy attire combined with an infusion of hippie festival exoticness toned down with a gnarly mismatching, non-exhilarating hipster funkiness.

Basically, Seattle is probably one of the worst dress and most bland looking cities from the aesthetic standpoint. Although, some people do get a bit funky with the tattoos , piercings , etc and try to pull off the 80s/90s punkish look with an infusion of hipster confusion. You basically have a guy who could have looked like a gutter punk in the 80s, but with his punkish hairdo , stretched ear lobes, spiked leather jacket is then wearing some weird orange jeans with a purple belt and has the Dalai Lama tattooed on his neck.. A dress style like this would have got him a beat down among gutter punks in the 80s and 90s, but today it is consider respectable fashion and body decor.

This is the product of a society that doesn't understand exactly what it is and what type of culture it is suppose to be following so it ended up with a strange mismatched and disorganized culture of people who are still trying to understand what they are. It shows in how people dress..

As far as physical attractiveness, I will say the men in the South Sound are more handsome, built, macho, alpha-males, especially around the proximity of the military base. With the women, I will say the women are more attractive, feminine the closer to the city center. You have a large concentration of fairly attractive California Yuppie-style soccer moms married to well-to-do men in the IT industry in the more upscale neighborhoods of Seattle and the Eastside. THere are a lot of young and single urbanish females in neighborhoods like Belltown, Fremont, Green Lake, Ballard, etc. I found girls in Fremont to be somewhat fun, friendly and pretty attractive. Fremont seems to becoming more and more of the cool place for less-affluent people to have fun in Seattle, as Capitol Hill, Queen Anne and Belltown are transforming into an upscale haunt for new-age yuppies and for young big shots with too much cash to try to make up for being locked up in offices for too many hours.

The dress code can drive you mad, but the Scandinavian genes do show up in a lot of the population which I think makes the women fairly attractive. Men in Seattle are a mix of socially awkward, grungy and/or geeky.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 08-23-2017 at 02:46 PM..

Old 08-23-2017, 02:41 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
We are straight up gorgeous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area