Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:49 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,226,083 times

Advertisements

I just counted 14 homes in Maple valley under 400,000, 2500 square foot or larger. Puyallup is a funny place, it grew really fast and now may have the slowest selling real estate in the greater Seattle area...It's much closer to Tacoma than Seattle, not known for it's school district, and has horrible, horrible traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 04:18 PM

36 posts, read 107,987 times
Puyallup is ok. I have friends who live there, but it takes at least 25-30 minutes in REALLY GOOD traffic to get to and from Kent. The 167 is frequently backed up and is under construction.

Although Kent Kangley road (from Maple Valley to Kent) will take you just as long a time, but maybe jumping on the 18 would be faster.

I like the area in Maple Valley more than Puyallup. Although I was driving around Puyallup the other day and noticed nice older homes on larger properties than the postage size stamp size lots that new houses are being put on these days.

Maple Valley to me is also prettier than Puyallup.

I would also really suggest to rent out here for at least 6 months to get to know Seattle a little better. You might end up finding a neighborhood that you like better. Plus, the Seattle real estate market has been mentioned that it follows the LA Market by about 18 months. Other people can probably tell you that it would be best to wait a while just to see what Seattle is really going to do housing wise in the next couple of years.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:50 PM

5 posts, read 19,822 times
Thank you so much for your input. It is very helpful. I have never even been to Seattle, but I hear that it is very beautiful. I cannot stand where I live now in new Hampshire. I just hope for a new place to live and explore. Thanks!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 PM

534 posts, read 3,102,324 times
yes, Puyallup/Maple valley are very doable in that price range. Living in Maple Valley you can avoid 167/18 in most cases.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 AM

34 posts, read 117,377 times
seattlenextyear, your savings plan cracks me up. i say buy small and affordable and move up. you will never catch up with the real estate market, you should just jump in with an investment plan to get you where you want to be using the equity you build up. there should be tons of homes or at least townhomes in the puyallup/maple valley areas in your price range. i thank my lucky stars that i bought my first place at 21 making 15/hr because real estate went through the roof after that and it would be a real struggle for me to try to jump in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area