Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 02:00 PM

135 posts, read 164,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Seattle is the kind of place where you'll meet maybe one or two or three good friends, but be prepared for it to take years to gain their friendship and trust. Seattle is not a trusting place. But it is the most beautiful city in the world. Of course, I've never been to Japan, Norway, any of Europe, etc.

But Seattle is the kind of place where you can play your Nintendo Game Boy Advance (I'm the Seattle Pioneers playing Boston right now in the ALCS...I'm down 3 games ta 1...Kennedy of Seattle just tied up the game in the top of the fifth by hitting a two-run HR...you wanna talk about excited!). You can catch a great soccer match, you can catch the most wonderful NFL team in the universe play a football game to remember, the Seattle Seahawks, of course. You can root on Chris Hansen as he tries to navigate a political system in Seattle that is not only confusing to understand, it's frustrating to watch and annoying to yield to, too. But that's a story for another day. It's one thing to lose your NBA basketball franchise to a crook from the Midwest, but then get no support from the City of Seattle and most of the Puget Sound population at the same time. It's frustrating and confusing at the same time. The Seattle City Council is more concerned about how they're gonna feed and clothe Seattle's drug-addicted homeless population. OK, those people are important, I realize. But when you have the opportunity to bring back a great NBA basketball team like the Sonic's and you crap on the idea...for years? I'm really, really corn-fused about that.

Also, we are living in the last days of this system of things. You can deny it, but to deny it means that you're living with your head firmly planted into Ocean Shores sand. When Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by Gavriko Princip, a Serbian nationalist in Sarajevo, Bosnia, on June 14, 1918, World War I was thought to have begun. That event is widely believed by historians to be the event that sparked World War I. Since then, worldwide outbreak of famine, a horrible world war, earthquakes in one place after another, pestilences (think the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918), fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

So, my point is this: the end of this system of things is nigh, and to prepare for that we don't need to build survival shelters (that's up to you, but not necessary) or try and become the richest person in the world. What we need is information from the Bible that is given to us for our own good, not to make someone like that guy in Houston (Joel Osteen) rich. To get this lifesaving information we're going to have to humble ourselves. We're going to have to be teachable, or as Jesus put it, meek. We're going to have to be an honest person, one that is willing to bring their life into alignment with doing the will of God, who's name is Jehovah. We have ta be honest enough to realize that everything(almost everything) they are seeing on the earth today is not right. It's wrong. Very wrong. Think Hollywood. Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley sick from drug abuse, with drug abuse actually killing both of them. Happiness doesn't come from having truckloads of money. I know, a lot of you will disagree, but the truth is that money does not make you happy. In the long run it does not. And you will die. And you will leave your money and riches to your heirs. You will ignore the plight of the homeless and the sick. And dying. Because, after all, it's your money, right? What could be more important on the earth than you and your money? Nothing is more more important. Good answer. Wrong. I'll tell you what's more important than you and your stupid money! It's worshiping the Creator! Trust me, it is.

Lastly, you must be hungry for Bible truth. John 17:3 states "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." If you're not hungering for Bible truth, you'll never find it.

So I invite you to open the door when you hear a knock. Look at the well-dressed people and listen to what they have to say. I'm begging you. Time is running out to come into harmony with God's Will. Don't worry - you'll have the help of the Creator of all things, and his Son, Jesus Christ. You'll have the help of God's angels. They're not in short supply. You can talk to the Creator at any time by means of prayer. And you can survive the end of a dying system of things that is run by Satan the Devil.

Oh, don't worry. Jehovah God is still running things overall. But the ruler of the earth is Satan the Devil. 1 John 5:19 says "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." Look at what is happening on the earth! It supports that statement completely.

Remember, humility, honesty, and hungering for Bible truth will all three be necessary. Be careful who you're willing to be taught by, though. There are many men who are wolves in sheep's clothing. Be very careful. Satan is very, very, very, crafty and deceitful.

This is the most bizarre post I have ever read on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 PM

361 posts, read 398,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm a 6'2, blonde haired, blue eyed white dude who grew up in Seattle and moved back in 08 for a year, and what you described mirrors my experience almost to a T, living in North Seattle and working on Pill Hill.
Are you for reals? Or are you stating this to discredit my observation and my experience of being belittled both on the streets and in supermarkets around my area?

I am not talking about downtown Seattle, 415. I'm talking specifically about East Pierce County area, particularly Auburn and Puyallup area.

Quote:
You blame it on racism because you probably read too much Love Life of an Asian guy, judging by other posts of yours, but the reality is just that for a lot of people, Seattle isn't a warm or welcoming place, as others have mentioned the Seattle Freeze.
No, I don't read that Asian guy love life, whatever you're talking about. I make keen observation how people both at work as well as in the malls/supermarket interact with me. And it's not just interaction, but also being polite by stopping one's vehicle for a pedestrian trying to cross the street.

I have seen drivers stop for young blonde haired girls, and/or older Caucasian men or females when they're crossing the streets. However, for me, when I am waiting at the curb side for the vehicle to stop,...they don't.

I have to dig around this City Data forum for one of my previous threads, but I almost got hit by a vehicle in Kirkland area while I was standing HALFWAY in the crosswalk.

This happened last year around July.

I also make keen observation at work where certain co-workers tend to talk-down on me. And no, I'm not imagining that. I have seen and compared the way they speak/talk/interact with other co-workers and they are more pleasant to others, compared to me.

Quote:
I found it much more pleasant in CA, which is where I moved back to before moving overseas.
Depends which part of California you're talking about. If you are looking at Los Angeles, bleh, people there are not pleasant people. Nothing but rude, self-centered, fake people down in SoCal. I'd rather live in rainy/gray Seattle than deal with fake/a-holes of L.A.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:33 AM

305 posts, read 450,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance2Tech View Post
This is the most bizarre post I have ever read on this forum.
I think the drugs started kicking in midway through...

Old 11-22-2017, 12:19 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Seattle is the kind of place where you'll meet maybe one or two or three good friends, but be prepared for it to take years to gain their friendship and trust. Seattle is not a trusting place. But it is the most beautiful city in the world. Of course, I've never been to Japan, Norway, any of Europe, etc.

But Seattle is the kind of place where you can play your Nintendo Game Boy Advance (I'm the Seattle Pioneers playing Boston right now in the ALCS...I'm down 3 games ta 1...Kennedy of Seattle just tied up the game in the top of the fifth by hitting a two-run HR...you wanna talk about excited!). You can catch a great soccer match, you can catch the most wonderful NFL team in the universe play a football game to remember, the Seattle Seahawks, of course. You can root on Chris Hansen as he tries to navigate a political system in Seattle that is not only confusing to understand, it's frustrating to watch and annoying to yield to, too. But that's a story for another day. It's one thing to lose your NBA basketball franchise to a crook from the Midwest, but then get no support from the City of Seattle and most of the Puget Sound population at the same time. It's frustrating and confusing at the same time. The Seattle City Council is more concerned about how they're gonna feed and clothe Seattle's drug-addicted homeless population. OK, those people are important, I realize. But when you have the opportunity to bring back a great NBA basketball team like the Sonic's and you crap on the idea...for years? I'm really, really corn-fused about that.

Also, we are living in the last days of this system of things. You can deny it, but to deny it means that you're living with your head firmly planted into Ocean Shores sand. When Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by Gavriko Princip, a Serbian nationalist in Sarajevo, Bosnia, on June 14, 1918, World War I was thought to have begun. That event is widely believed by historians to be the event that sparked World War I. Since then, worldwide outbreak of famine, a horrible world war, earthquakes in one place after another, pestilences (think the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918), fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

So, my point is this: the end of this system of things is nigh, and to prepare for that we don't need to build survival shelters (that's up to you, but not necessary) or try and become the richest person in the world. What we need is information from the Bible that is given to us for our own good, not to make someone like that guy in Houston (Joel Osteen) rich. To get this lifesaving information we're going to have to humble ourselves. We're going to have to be teachable, or as Jesus put it, meek. We're going to have to be an honest person, one that is willing to bring their life into alignment with doing the will of God, who's name is Jehovah. We have ta be honest enough to realize that everything(almost everything) they are seeing on the earth today is not right. It's wrong. Very wrong. Think Hollywood. Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley sick from drug abuse, with drug abuse actually killing both of them. Happiness doesn't come from having truckloads of money. I know, a lot of you will disagree, but the truth is that money does not make you happy. In the long run it does not. And you will die. And you will leave your money and riches to your heirs. You will ignore the plight of the homeless and the sick. And dying. Because, after all, it's your money, right? What could be more important on the earth than you and your money? Nothing is more more important. Good answer. Wrong. I'll tell you what's more important than you and your stupid money! It's worshiping the Creator! Trust me, it is.

Lastly, you must be hungry for Bible truth. John 17:3 states "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." If you're not hungering for Bible truth, you'll never find it.

So I invite you to open the door when you hear a knock. Look at the well-dressed people and listen to what they have to say. I'm begging you. Time is running out to come into harmony with God's Will. Don't worry - you'll have the help of the Creator of all things, and his Son, Jesus Christ. You'll have the help of God's angels. They're not in short supply. You can talk to the Creator at any time by means of prayer. And you can survive the end of a dying system of things that is run by Satan the Devil.

Oh, don't worry. Jehovah God is still running things overall. But the ruler of the earth is Satan the Devil. 1 John 5:19 says "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." Look at what is happening on the earth! It supports that statement completely.

Remember, humility, honesty, and hungering for Bible truth will all three be necessary. Be careful who you're willing to be taught by, though. There are many men who are wolves in sheep's clothing. Be very careful. Satan is very, very, very, crafty and deceitful.
Elko? Are you OK?

Old 11-23-2017, 10:35 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I guess we could say the same about Charlottesville? They were just a few bad apples having a basic protest, right? Oh Wait.. No, they are White Nationalists. Therefore all of them are evil, unlike Black Nationalists. I guess when BLM started attacking police, blocking roads, rioting and looting that was just a few bad apples at a basic protest. They will protest the police even if the police officer had completely legitimate reason to shoot the perpetrator. However, when white people are shot by police there is never a sound. Then, there is the fact that a majority of black people in this country are murdered by other black people and not by white police officers. But, somehow, that is acceptable and has to do with white racism instead of internal culpability.

What does the genocide of millions have to do with this? I was just referring to an insulting comment I incurred, much like what many other minorities have to incur; whatever flavor the bigotry would be. I was explaining how I personally experienced racism, so I know what it is. Others say if you are not black you will never know racism. I find that statement ignorant and xenophobic in its own right.

On the contrary, I hardly believe a white skinned person will be more accepted in many major cities with a predominately black population such as Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Birmingham, Memphis, etc.

I grew up in Portland and use to spend time with my Ethiopian friend who ran a restaurant in the primarily African American neighborhood (back in the 90s) of Northeast Portland. People treated me like crap because of my skin color. I had one guy sitting at a coffeeshop while I was eating my fruit ask me what I was eating. I said they were some dried fruit and he asked me for some. I then held out the bag for him to take some and then grabbed my bag away from me, gave me a dirty racist look like "my kind" didn't belong here and walked away with it. I would get dirty looks all the time hanging out on MLK Jr Blvd area in Portland back in the 90s. A group of young black men in their car flashed their lights at me and then came beside my car while I was driving down MLK. They then started flicking me off and screaming "GET OUT OF OUR NEIGHBORHOOD, YOU WHITE MOTHERF*****!". Yes, I was a minority in this neighborhood and definitely felt what racism was like in its cruel, evil segregating form.

Of course, I have white skin and from a Semitic background so, in no way, shape or form could any of that been racism. I guess according to people like BLM, that was just payback for all the evils my ancestors did. The ones who weren't tossed into death camps, which most of them who stayed in Europe were. Either that or rotted in gulags in Siberia thanks to Uncle Joseph Stalin.

P.S.
BTW... To directly answer the OP's question. I will tell the OP if she avoids racist groups like BLM or a few of the very sparse white supremacist groups on the far outskirts of Seattle, she will not experience too many problems with racism in Seattle. Judgmental, arrogant and polarizing people on the other hand may be a big problem. However, that is a problem across the board for all races in any very liberal city with extremely opinionated, know-it-all types. Also, I will point out that the South Sound is more racially integrated than Seattle or the North Sound.
Gee, a group who has done such heinous things as blocking roads or breaking windows Vs a group who follows a proven ideology of exterminating an entire group of people, to the tune of 30 million actual murders. This is such a ridiculous comparison it's hard to understand why people even begin to make it.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:44 PM

6 posts, read 5,928 times
I really feel vindicated about the experience I had earlier tonight at Chop Suey. I hadn't been out to a DJ night in a long time, and the Dance Yourself Clean set seemed like my kind of music, so I decided to check it out. I wasn't planning on dancing, but I just wanted to spend an hour soaking in the tunes. When I got there, one of the bouncers kept asking me if I was okay, clearly insinuating that I looked inebriated, when the only reason I probably looked conspicuous was because I was Asian in a mostly white crowd and perhaps because I was by myself. At one point, I closed my eyes because I was getting into the music, and he came up to me and told me I shouldn't drink anymore for the night AND that I should keep my eyes open (?!?!?). I had already closed out my tab, and I can hold my drink and know when I'm being obviously drunk. I was already on guard in this establishment full of white people, so no, I was not stupid enough to get sloppy wasted, but this bouncer still decided to equate my closing my eyes and *very* subtly swaying to the music -- something I always do whether at a club or a classical music concert.-- as clear indication that I was about to fall over drunk. It was very, very strange. It really felt like an egregious instance of harassment considering how the whole club was full of people who were obviously many more drinks deep than I was, like 'some people looking doe-eyed and with their shirts off' deep. On top of all of this, even before this incident happened, when I had first arrived, a different bouncer had checked my ID at the door and asked me, "Is this your first stop tonight?" In hindsight, it seems like she was also insinuating I looked drunk which is ridiculous, unless Asian faces just naturally look ****-faced to their entire security team there. The question was so bizarre that I brushed it off, assuming I misheard her, until later realizing this was a pattern of behavior with their staff, i.e. using interrogation-like questions to intimidate and sabotage my having a good experience simply because I was a person of color. The fact that this treatment came from more than one bouncer and that there are similar complaints on Chop Suey's Yelp comment thread leads me to believe that this is behavior sanctioned by the management. I find this extremely disappointing. I've seen so many great shows at Chop Suey, even before when it was the Breakroom in the early 2000s. I've played a show there in my friend's band once. Through all of this, I've even looked past their questionably racist business name the whole time. It's a real ****ing bummer. CS has turned into a shady, Trump-styled establishment that I will never set foot in again. My adamant recommendation is to avoid this place like the plague unless discrimination happens to be your thing. They officially suck.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:54 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,830,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
Gee, a group who has done such heinous things as blocking roads or breaking windows Vs a group who follows a proven ideology of exterminating an entire group of people, to the tune of 30 million actual murders. This is such a ridiculous comparison it's hard to understand why people even begin to make it.
So, any time white people stand up for their heritage, skin color, culture and for their rights somehow they are equated with being mass murdering Neo Nazis?

Thank you for proving my point that you perhaps exhibit as many xenophobic traits as the people you condemn. And, are Southerners supporting the history of their culture, their generals, etc suppose to make them all bloodthirsty Neo-Nazi slaveowners? I mean, crap, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were slave owners. Many African chiefs were slave owners and involved in the slave trade. Yet, I don't see these African people ever taking down the murals or removing the honored elders and chiefs from their culture, despite being slave owners or collaborators with slave traders. Should the wars between the Ashanti, Fanti, Ewe tribes where they raided villages and massacred men, women and children considered genocide to you? Should Rwandan people discredit their history because of the atrocities that occurred in their country? What about the atrocities committed against the Celts by the Anglo-Saxons? Shouldn't we demand that the English (Anglo-Saxons) go back to Germany where they originated and make up for the atrocities they committed against the Irish/Scots/Welsh, etc? Is it right they have monuments, statues, historical books revering their kings and queens, many who not only were responsible for massacres and genocides, but who actually orchestrated them?

Oh, but somehow if it is White Americans it is all evil and they are the equivalent of vicious racists and mass murdering Nazis and need to be erased from history. Well, in that case, we should erase a lot of history in the world and many heritages should be ashamed of themselves, not proud of their heritage.

Since many people use the media as their ultimate source of information, they will believe that any people standing up for the rights of your average lower middle class or middle class conservative American is a bloodthirsty, child murdering Neo-Nazi.

As far as Black Lives Matter just blocking roads, I think you have seriously overlooked some of the other offenses they have committed. How about the BLM activist who shot dead 5 police officers and wounded 7 others in Dallas? Are the cries of these white children for their massacred fathers/mothers pretty much worthless since they are just racist white people?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pr...385784431.html

Why is it acceptable for black people to be proud of their race and skin color, be racist and call for murdering white people, but when white people are proud of their heritage, skin color, speak out against black people they are all rabid Klansmen and Mass murdering Neo Nazis?

When they hold black racists to the same standard as they hold white racists then I think our country truly will have equality and we can sit down at the table and fix all our stupid problems.

And, for those football players kneeling before our national anthem because they hate AMerica, please move to China where they will beat you and then imprison you for many years for kneeling before their anthem.

My actual feeling about many new age Americans is they are ungrateful, spoiled, judgmental, close-minded people who reap the benefits of other people who put their lives on the line so their spoiled little whiny butts can decry all the injustice and atrocities they face living in the USA.

The USA has many flaws, but people (esp black people) have got it a lot better here than other countries. Your average inner city African American who obsessively concerned about racism, would last maybe 3 hours in many countries in the world before they want to leave. Try going to a country where someone will insult your skin color, ethnicity, tribe, religion, etc to your face and laugh about it and nobody gives a crap.

I really love the actor Don Cheadle and would encourage everyone to see this movie, The Guard. If anyone doesn't recognize the name, he was the star in Hotel Rwanda and plays Paul Rusesabagina. Don Cheadle was both the co-star of the movie and one of the executive producers. To me, this is one of the greatest, politically incorrect movies that many people will never even know about. The movie does have a bunch of satire, but does give a very sobering view of the ignorant and unapologetic racism that exists in other countries in the world that would make anywhere in USA seem like a walk in the park. THe movie is good, because it breaks down typical stereotypes and part of the movie is through the perspective of an African American FBI agent who has to travel to a small town in Ireland to pursue a drug trafficking ring. The movie is actually very funny and exciting, but the dialogue to me is golden, as being someone who has travelled the world. You will see throughout the movie, how the actor goes from being horribly offended and writing off all these small town, backward Irish people as a bunch of ignorant bigots. However, later he opens his mind to the culture, mindset and forms a close bond and friendship with the local Irish cop who offended him so badly in the beginning of the movie.

The Guard (2011) - IMDb

When I Was in Ghana, many of the African Americans I met on a tour from Philadelphia were all too excited to go back home to the USA. Why is it being back in the land where everyone is your skin color was not like finding paradise or salvation? The African American women I met on the tour especially hated many of the men in Africa who treated them like second class citizens. That is something that a strong-spirited, outspoken African American woman would never face. One African American lady I met at my hotel was practically crying on my shoulder and scared to death when she told me how the Ghanaian police officer screamed at her and told her he was going to give her a beating if she ran her mouth any more to him. She never experienced police aggression or brutality of that nature back in Philadelphia. Go figure, coming to Africa, which maybe she thought was her homeland before she came, now she is terrified and all too excited to get back on the plane back to good ol USA. These group of African Americans spent so much time hanging out with me and talking to me about how great America was, how good the food, music and how great things were back home. It's funny how you may not appreciate your country so much until you actually leave it for a little while.

I just know the world and know hypocrisy and see a lot of hypocrites on every side. But nobody seems to even recognize the fierce racism and bigotry coming from radical black nationalists in our country.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 11-24-2017 at 12:27 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 04:57 PM

387 posts, read 358,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong_Dragon View Post
I really feel vindicated about the experience I had earlier tonight at Chop Suey. I hadn't been out to a DJ night in a long time, and the Dance Yourself Clean set seemed like my kind of music, so I decided to check it out. I wasn't planning on dancing, but I just wanted to spend an hour soaking in the tunes. When I got there, one of the bouncers kept asking me if I was okay, clearly insinuating that I looked inebriated, when the only reason I probably looked conspicuous was because I was Asian in a mostly white crowd and perhaps because I was by myself. At one point, I closed my eyes because I was getting into the music, and he came up to me and told me I shouldn't drink anymore for the night AND that I should keep my eyes open (?!?!?). I had already closed out my tab, and I can hold my drink and know when I'm being obviously drunk. I was already on guard in this establishment full of white people, so no, I was not stupid enough to get sloppy wasted, but this bouncer still decided to equate my closing my eyes and *very* subtly swaying to the music -- something I always do whether at a club or a classical music concert.-- as clear indication that I was about to fall over drunk. It was very, very strange. It really felt like an egregious instance of harassment considering how the whole club was full of people who were obviously many more drinks deep than I was, like 'some people looking doe-eyed and with their shirts off' deep. On top of all of this, even before this incident happened, when I had first arrived, a different bouncer had checked my ID at the door and asked me, "Is this your first stop tonight?" In hindsight, it seems like she was also insinuating I looked drunk which is ridiculous, unless Asian faces just naturally look ****-faced to their entire security team there. The question was so bizarre that I brushed it off, assuming I misheard her, until later realizing this was a pattern of behavior with their staff, i.e. using interrogation-like questions to intimidate and sabotage my having a good experience simply because I was a person of color. The fact that this treatment came from more than one bouncer and that there are similar complaints on Chop Suey's Yelp comment thread leads me to believe that this is behavior sanctioned by the management. I find this extremely disappointing. I've seen so many great shows at Chop Suey, even before when it was the Breakroom in the early 2000s. I've played a show there in my friend's band once. Through all of this, I've even looked past their questionably racist business name the whole time. It's a real ****ing bummer. CS has turned into a shady, Trump-styled establishment that I will never set foot in again. My adamant recommendation is to avoid this place like the plague unless discrimination happens to be your thing. They officially suck.
If you’re Asian in America, you have to accept that we’re outsiders everywhere. The liberals don’t want us and neither do the conservatives. The only time we come up politically is when we can be used to prove some kind of point. To conservatives we’re model minorities used to shame blacks and hispanics. To liberals, we’re villains used by white and jewish liberals to ingratiate themselves to blacks and hispanics. Blacks and hispanics resent and look down on Asians too. We are just competition and perpetual foreigners to them. The sooner you realize and accept this, the better. Vote and act in your own self-interest because you are a nonentity or an enemy to them. This is not a complaint. It is a fact. Wake up to the harsh truth.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:02 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
So, any time white people stand up for their heritage, skin color, culture and for their rights somehow they are equated with being mass murdering Neo Nazis?

Thank you for proving my point that you perhaps exhibit as many xenophobic traits as the people you condemn. And, are Southerners supporting the history of their culture, their generals, etc suppose to make them all bloodthirsty Neo-Nazi slaveowners? I mean, crap, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were slave owners. Many African chiefs were slave owners and involved in the slave trade. Yet, I don't see these African people ever taking down the murals or removing the honored elders and chiefs from their culture, despite being slave owners or collaborators with slave traders. Should the wars between the Ashanti, Fanti, Ewe tribes where they raided villages and massacred men, women and children considered genocide to you? Should Rwandan people discredit their history because of the atrocities that occurred in their country? What about the atrocities committed against the Celts by the Anglo-Saxons? Shouldn't we demand that the English (Anglo-Saxons) go back to Germany where they originated and make up for the atrocities they committed against the Irish/Scots/Welsh, etc? Is it right they have monuments, statues, historical books revering their kings and queens, many who not only were responsible for massacres and genocides, but who actually orchestrated them?

Oh, but somehow if it is White Americans it is all evil and they are the equivalent of vicious racists and mass murdering Nazis and need to be erased from history. Well, in that case, we should erase a lot of history in the world and many heritages should be ashamed of themselves, not proud of their heritage.

Since many people use the media as their ultimate source of information, they will believe that any people standing up for the rights of your average lower middle class or middle class conservative American is a bloodthirsty, child murdering Neo-Nazi.

As far as Black Lives Matter just blocking roads, I think you have seriously overlooked some of the other offenses they have committed. How about the BLM activist who shot dead 5 police officers and wounded 7 others in Dallas? Are the cries of these white children for their massacred fathers/mothers pretty much worthless since they are just racist white people?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pr...385784431.html

Why is it acceptable for black people to be proud of their race and skin color, be racist and call for murdering white people, but when white people are proud of their heritage, skin color, speak out against black people they are all rabid Klansmen and Mass murdering Neo Nazis?

When they hold black racists to the same standard as they hold white racists then I think our country truly will have equality and we can sit down at the table and fix all our stupid problems.

And, for those football players kneeling before our national anthem because they hate AMerica, please move to China where they will beat you and then imprison you for many years for kneeling before their anthem.

My actual feeling about many new age Americans is they are ungrateful, spoiled, judgmental, close-minded people who reap the benefits of other people who put their lives on the line so their spoiled little whiny butts can decry all the injustice and atrocities they face living in the USA.

The USA has many flaws, but people (esp black people) have got it a lot better here than other countries. Your average inner city African American who obsessively concerned about racism, would last maybe 3 hours in many countries in the world before they want to leave. Try going to a country where someone will insult your skin color, ethnicity, tribe, religion, etc to your face and laugh about it and nobody gives a crap.

I really love the actor Don Cheadle and would encourage everyone to see this movie, The Guard. If anyone doesn't recognize the name, he was the star in Hotel Rwanda and plays Paul Rusesabagina. Don Cheadle was both the co-star of the movie and one of the executive producers. To me, this is one of the greatest, politically incorrect movies that many people will never even know about. The movie does have a bunch of satire, but does give a very sobering view of the ignorant and unapologetic racism that exists in other countries in the world that would make anywhere in USA seem like a walk in the park. THe movie is good, because it breaks down typical stereotypes and part of the movie is through the perspective of an African American FBI agent who has to travel to a small town in Ireland to pursue a drug trafficking ring. The movie is actually very funny and exciting, but the dialogue to me is golden, as being someone who has travelled the world. You will see throughout the movie, how the actor goes from being horribly offended and writing off all these small town, backward Irish people as a bunch of ignorant bigots. However, later he opens his mind to the culture, mindset and forms a close bond and friendship with the local Irish cop who offended him so badly in the beginning of the movie.

The Guard (2011) - IMDb

When I Was in Ghana, many of the African Americans I met on a tour from Philadelphia were all too excited to go back home to the USA. Why is it being back in the land where everyone is your skin color was not like finding paradise or salvation? The African American women I met on the tour especially hated many of the men in Africa who treated them like second class citizens. That is something that a strong-spirited, outspoken African American woman would never face. One African American lady I met at my hotel was practically crying on my shoulder and scared to death when she told me how the Ghanaian police officer screamed at her and told her he was going to give her a beating if she ran her mouth any more to him. She never experienced police aggression or brutality of that nature back in Philadelphia. Go figure, coming to Africa, which maybe she thought was her homeland before she came, now she is terrified and all too excited to get back on the plane back to good ol USA. These group of African Americans spent so much time hanging out with me and talking to me about how great America was, how good the food, music and how great things were back home. It's funny how you may not appreciate your country so much until you actually leave it for a little while.

I just know the world and know hypocrisy and see a lot of hypocrites on every side. But nobody seems to even recognize the fierce racism and bigotry coming from radical black nationalists in our country.
Dude, just stop. Chanting “blood and soil” and “Jews will not replace us!” (which is bizarre enough in and if itself - are they really trying to replace anyone?) is not being “proud” of your race, it is promoting a racist ideolgy. I am not going to engage in arguing BLM V freaking neo nazis, as I already pointed out that one group was a threat to literally the entire world while another I’m not even certain has been convicted of a single murder in this country. In any case, they aren’t promoting the “superiority” of black people or threatening to wipe out out any specific race. This a low IQ Fox “Fake News!” debate that only complete fools engage in. So, I’ll pass.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:23 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesRamon View Post
If you’re Asian in America, you have to accept that we’re outsiders everywhere. The liberals don’t want us and neither do the conservatives. The only time we come up politically is when we can be used to prove some kind of point. To conservatives we’re model minorities used to shame blacks and hispanics. To liberals, we’re villains used by white and jewish liberals to ingratiate themselves to blacks and hispanics. Blacks and hispanics resent and look down on Asians too. We are just competition and perpetual foreigners to them. The sooner you realize and accept this, the better. Vote and act in your own self-interest because you are a nonentity or an enemy to them. This is not a complaint. It is a fact. Wake up to the harsh truth.
Why are Asians villains? I don't get that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area