Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 06:25 AM

353 posts, read 932,653 times

Advertisements

Barney Fife is in Tacoma!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 06:32 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,445,140 times
Barney Fife is in Tacoma!

Oh, sure.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 PM

269 posts, read 296,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
^^ well, I grew up in an area that was flat. And in terms of parallel parking on the streets, turning the wheels into the curb was never emphasized to me.
uh, how is “where you grew up” at all relevant to this issue?

If you grew up near the Autobahn, do you think that would excuse you from deserving a ticket for going 120 mph in a 35 mph zone here??

All you have to do is PAY ATTENTION.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:34 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,713,466 times
I watched one day as a driver attempted to parallel park on a steep Capitol Hill street. They bumped the car behind them pretty good, which must have knocked it out of gear. It rolled down the hill, through an intersection, and crashed into another car down the street.

There's a reason why they give tickets for this sort of thing.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,445,140 times
I watched one day as a driver attempted to parallel park on a steep Capitol Hill street. They bumped the car behind them pretty good, which must have knocked it out of gear. It rolled down the hill, through an intersection, and crashed into another car down the street.

There's a reason why they give tickets for this sort of thing.

Bingo! This is the reason for that law....fully and completely.

RIP Gordon Downie

Old 12-13-2017, 06:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,382,960 times
Quote:
I visited my doctor's office today, and his office is located near Tacoma General Hospital which is near downtown Tacoma area.

I have been to my doctor's office multiple times in the past, and have parked on the street, as finding parking in the parking structure tend to be difficult. I have always parked my SUV on the street without turning my front wheels towards the curb.'

Well today, I came back to my vehicle after my doctor's office visit as well as waiting for eternity at the pharmacy to get my medications.

I walked back to my SUV and saw a yellow envelope on my windshield, clamped down by one of my windshield wipers.

I thought it was some kind of business card or advertisement.

I looked closely and it was a parking citation. I was like "huh? there are no parking meters here, and the curb was not painted red,....nor was there a fire hydrant near that area."

I looked inside the envelope and there was a receipt-like paper stating the infraction. I had to look at the citation again, and laughed. It stated that my infraction was not turning my front wheels towards the curb. The cost of the infraction is $40.00. It's not a lot, but how the hell was I supposed to know this parking rule? The receipt-like citation also stated that the parking enforcement officer also took a photo of my front wheels not turned.

Anybody else here received this kind of parking citation dealing with not having your front wheels not turned towards the curb?
Not surprised at all, especially in that area. My daughter was born there, I got a ticket that day over by the park.

Wheels were not aligned correctly.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:55 AM

361 posts, read 396,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoTime View Post
uh, how is “where you grew up” at all relevant to this issue?

If you grew up near the Autobahn, do you think that would excuse you from deserving a ticket for going 120 mph in a 35 mph zone here??

All you have to do is PAY ATTENTION.
What I was stating is that I am not used to doing street parking on hills.

I have done street parking on hill tops before, never turned my wheels into the curb or away from the curb, and never received a phony citation.

As a matter of fact, I have parked in this specific location near Tacoma General Hospital many times, around five times in the past, and I have NEVER received a parking citation for not turning my front wheels.

Pay attention? Well excuse me, mr. perfect.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not surprised at all, especially in that area. My daughter was born there, I got a ticket that day over by the park.

Wheels were not aligned correctly.
Wow, I feel your pain and disappointment, Scrat335.

What's funny is I have always parked on the street on that particular hill area five times in the past, with my front wheels pointed ahead, and I did not receive any parking citations.

I guess Tacoma municipal court and those parking enforcement people are desperate for money!

Old 12-14-2017, 10:44 AM

269 posts, read 296,078 times
Quote:
What I was stating is that I am not used to doing street parking on hills.

I have done street parking on hill tops before, never turned my wheels into the curb or away from the curb, and never received a phony citation.

As a matter of fact, I have parked in this specific location near Tacoma General Hospital many times, around five times in the past, and I have NEVER received a parking citation for not turning my front wheels.

Pay attention? Well excuse me, mr. perfect.

What does any of this have to do with your unwillingness to PAY ATTENTION in Driver’s Ed??

I’ve never had an out-of-control Semi veer right at me on actual roads but that doesn’t absolve me of the common courtesy to others that was my PAYING ATTENTION while using the simulators in Driver’s Ed.

How in the heck did you ever pass your initial driving test without learning something SO simple and basic?

There was no suitable ‘hill’ for my Driver’s test, but the DMV person simply said:

“pretend you’re on a hill and pull to the curb and park”.

And I recall this clearly BECAUSE I WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

Now stop being so irresponsible and pay the fine you so justly deserved!

Old 01-13-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoTime View Post
What does any of this have to do with your unwillingness to PAY ATTENTION in Driver’s Ed??
Geez, I have been gone from City data forum for a while, and boy, do you get upset because I am complaining of a ridiculous parking citation that involves turning one's front wheel while parked on a hill.

Since you don't seem to have good reading comprehension, I said that I have done driver's education outside of WA state, long time ago, and never had to do parallel parking or parking a vehicle on a hill. I have lived in flat cities, such as Chicago, L.A. and Honolulu, and not used to parking on a hill. Heck, even if I did park on hills or mountain tops, there were no phoney a$$ laws that gave these parking enforcement people a power trip to write up a citation.

Quote:
How in the heck did you ever pass your initial driving test without learning something SO simple and basic?
Why do you have to know about my driver's ed class? You're such a nosy person.

Quote:
There was no suitable ‘hill’ for my Driver’s test, but the DMV person simply said:

“pretend you’re on a hill and pull to the curb and park”.

And I recall this clearly BECAUSE I WAS PAYING ATTENTION.
Well good for you dude. Because my driving instructor never had to point out stupid hill parkings because I grew up in an area, and did my driver's license exam back in California where the testing area was flat, okay, mister know-it-all.

Quote:
Now stop being so irresponsible and pay the fine you so justly deserved!
Yeah, says mister mondo who probably is one of those parking enforcement bots desperate for money. LOOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area